Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 05:30 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

So many of the voters of this country want to see photo IDs at the polls and surely some of them are Democrats. I bet some if not a huge number of them are Democrats. All we dummies seem to think that using that method of holding off voter fraud at the polls would work without discriminating, at all.

73% Think Photo ID Requirement Before Voting Does Not Discriminate - Rasmussen Reports™
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 05:32 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,096 times
Here's a life tip for you: polls aren't an accurate representation of what 310 million plus people want.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:35 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,453,491 times
So lets see..I need a photo ID to cash a check, go thru TSA, buy a car, buy alcohol...the list goes on...but NO, I do NOT need one to vote? Oh, come ON!! This is idiocy. How many vote often because there is no requirement to prove who you are? I say "card 'em".

Old 04-17-2012, 05:40 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
So many of the voters of this country want to see photo IDs at the polls and surely some of them are Democrats. I bet some if not a huge number of them are Democrats. All we dummies seem to think that using that method of holding off voter fraud at the polls would work without discriminating, at all.

73% Think Photo ID Requirement Before Voting Does Not Discriminate - Rasmussen Reports™
Fine, if the Photo ID is a requirement than make it free for people with a demonstrated financial need.

If you do not do that you are re-instituting a poll tax.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:48 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
Here's a life tip for you: polls aren't an accurate representation of what 310 million plus people want.
Yeah, they are and in every poll, voter Id wins out.

Obama, the dems, the Left are once again on the wrong side of the issue...for the simple reason they depend on vote fraud.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:51 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Default Voting integrity matters

Quote:
That elections are as corruption free as possible should be considered a good thing by all US citizen voters.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
The key word in your reply is accurate. However, 73% is a very large number. Your being in the smaller group, and therefore, howling about polls is pretty sick, like it or not.

I try to stay away from numbers in the 55% range as left leaners try to make so big a deal out of from the only poll that counts from 2008 but 73% seems to be a huge number. Take 20% from it and you still have a majority.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:54 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,107,338 times
I really don't understand how ANYONE can oppose voter ID laws. The states and territories make it so freaking easy to get ID these days. In one state (I believe it's Georgia) they will even come right to your freaking house for free and make your ID for you right in front of you.

If you can't afford to get a driver's license or non-driver ID card then you have some serious issues. It's $15 to get a non driver ID card here in New York.

The only reason it's opposed is because then ACORN can't round up the homeless and have them vote 5 times each for the Democrat candidates in exchange for cigarettes. That my friends is FRAUD. We should take pride in free and fair elections.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Fine, if the Photo ID is a requirement than make it free for people with a demonstrated financial need.

If you do not do that you are re-instituting a poll tax.
JTG, not more than two hours ago I heard the venerated Judge Napolitano state that every state in the nation provides a method of getting an ID free of charge. Now one of you is wrong and I like his way of talking much more than yours. Can you tell me which states don't provide what you talk about? I bet that GOP members would be glad to transport any old, poor people to the registration place if asked. Some of us are really worried about who votes and how many times each of them do, especially this year.

Hey, you are also worried about how many times those people get to vote, it seems.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
That elections are as corruption free as possible should be considered a good thing by all US citizen voters.
I don't think that some of these people understand that even an election is a form of poll. They probably don't know why I call voting places, polling places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies