Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 07:28 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
So many of the voters of this country want to see photo IDs at the polls and surely some of them are Democrats. I bet some if not a huge number of them are Democrats. All we dummies seem to think that using that method of holding off voter fraud at the polls would work without discriminating, at all.

73% Think Photo ID Requirement Before Voting Does Not Discriminate - Rasmussen Reports™
Exactly how rampant is voter fraud. I haven't heard how their numbers have affected any elections. Have you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 07:44 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Exactly how rampant is voter fraud. I haven't heard how their numbers have affected any elections. Have you?
The fact is, it isn't something you can prove one way or the other. If ID is mandated then that eliminates a good percentage of the possibility. It would seem to me that no-one in this country would want there to be any questions as to the validity of the vote. We all believe in a fair elective process right? Show need and proof of who you are and get a free ID. I have no problem with that. Give the impovrished a free ID so they too can vote.. ONCE..... For my ID, I have to have a FBI background check, perhaps we all should have one. Works for me. That way you can eliminate felons who are not eligible as well as illegal aliens as well as anyone else who isn't eligible. FBI background check for all.... I Like IT!!!!

Old 04-18-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
The fact is, it isn't something you can prove one way or the other. If ID is mandated then that eliminates a good percentage of the possibility. It would seem to me that no-one in this country would want there to be any questions as to the validity of the vote. We all believe in a fair elective process right? Show need and proof of who you are and get a free ID. I have no problem with that. Give the impovrished a free ID so they too can vote.. ONCE..... For my ID, I have to have a FBI background check, perhaps we all should have one. Works for me. That way you can eliminate felons who are not eligible as well as illegal aliens as well as anyone else who isn't eligible. FBI background check for all.... I Like IT!!!!

Well if there is no proof of voter fraud changing elections then why the necessity to change it. I mean what is the motive here.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:56 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times
Quote:
Well if there is no proof of voter fraud changing elections then why the necessity to change it. I mean what is the motive here.

States that require photo ID have seen increases in voter turnout.

Why should that be seen negatively?

Old 04-18-2012, 07:58 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
Because there is no proof that there isn't. Why not eliminate the question all together, since you being the patriotic citizen that you are, want to make sure that elections are fair, open and honest. Then this question can be laid to rest and we can concentrate on more important issues.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:01 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
So lets see..I need a photo ID to cash a check, go thru TSA, buy a car, buy alcohol...the list goes on...but NO, I do NOT need one to vote? Oh, come ON!! This is idiocy. How many vote often because there is no requirement to prove who you are? I say "card 'em".
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
If you refuse to identify yourself you should.

[otherwise, what's to prevent me from voting 10 times?]
Do you guys actually vote? As someone said upthread, you vote, your name gets crossed off (literally or figuratively) and you can't vote again.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Because there is no proof that there isn't. Why not eliminate the question all together, since you being the patriotic citizen that you are, want to make sure that elections are fair, open and honest. Then this question can be laid to rest and we can concentrate on more important issues.
But who is asking the question. I'm sure not. If there is proof of elections changing because or it.....fine, otherwise it's a waste of time. And we really don't have the time to waste our energy on things like this. There are so many more important issues that warrants our time.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:08 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Do you guys actually vote? As someone said upthread, you vote, your name gets crossed off (literally or figuratively) and you can't vote again.

Should the U.S. ban all photo ID's ?

Why should we have to have ID to cash a check or sign up for food stamps ?

Old 04-18-2012, 08:10 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times
Guess you naysayers wouldn't mind if no photo IDs were required for law-abiding citizens 18 & over to buy and carry firearms.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:12 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
So lets see..I need a photo ID to cash a check, go thru TSA, buy a car, buy alcohol...the list goes on...but NO, I do NOT need one to vote? Oh, come ON!! This is idiocy. How many vote often because there is no requirement to prove who you are? I say "card 'em".
Yeah, and if you want to visit Eric Holder, you need a I.D. to get into the Dept of Justice building.

And ultimately, you need an I.D. to get a job. And a lot of damn good that does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies