Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 11:13 PM

133 posts, read 76,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
When will you Smart Growth people look at the rest of what ICLEI is pushing like their Wildlands Projects and their Wetlands declarations? What you are seeing is what will someday happen once the Wildlands Projects are successful. How do you think that the people of all these wildlands will be able to live with the large animals that Agenda 21 wants turned back to them? What do you think that the people in your population centers will eat once the people are pushed out of the Wildlands and moved to cities? Well of course you don't see that those people will be starved and done with.

Maybe you don't know what ICLEI is and how it is used with its NGOs to get all this Agenda 21 stuff going. I wonder if you have any idea when Agenda 21 was established by the UN. I don't think you know chit about what is involved outside your Smart Growth that comes from ICLEI.
And WHO is Tom DeWeese and the American Policy Center? Perhaps their perspective is biased? Maybe we just don't agree with their assessment of the issue; maybe it has nothing to do with not knowing or understanding what Agenda 21 is or not knowing what ICLEI is.

American Policy Center » About Us (http://americanpolicy.org/about-us/ - broken link)

Maybe this is all about physical survival well into the future; maybe this is about environmental concerns and the negative impact of "so much" of what humans have done to the planet; it sounds like you will be very long gone before there is any real observable consequence of Agenda 21, and the planet and life on this planet will be something you cannot even imagine at this point. Changes are continuous and constant. 50 years from now, you probably wouldn't even recognize daily life on planet earth.

Last edited by RachelDay135; 03-14-2012 at 11:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 11:16 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Roy, I watched half of the video. I disagree 100% with the tirade he has against several key points of whatever he's calling Agenda 21. He makes a stupid assumption around 6:30 about why several governmental departments are involved (um, they all deal with the environment). And at the point I stopped watching, he claimed that the Agenda 21'ers say that "man defiles nature". Well, I agree. The way of Mother Nature is the only way to sustain this planet. It is the ONLY system that works. Divorcing ourselves from it has not succeeded and will not succeed. If these programs achieve the goal of making mankind work within nature's laws and boundaries, I'm on board. The only freedom being lost is the freedom to be foolish and destructive.
If you find your hindside see if you know it from page 9 and let me know. You have stayed away from all this because you see the far left aim of
Agenda 21 and the UN. Have a ball and when it has gone too far remember that the old man tried and you just couldn't watch beyond minute 6:30. I feel for you but just can't quite reach you.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:32 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Quote:
If you find your hindside see if you know it from page 9 and let me know. You have stayed away from all this because you see the far left aim of
Agenda 21 and the UN. Have a ball and when it has gone too far remember that the old man tried and you just couldn't watch beyond minute 6:30. I feel for you but just can't quite reach you.
I watched the second half to complete my viewing and I am unswayed. I think the planet is more important than the affairs of man and if we can't be stopped by mutual consent from destroying this place, it will have to be done by force. While I do indeed consider some things to be sinister, sound use of the planet's resources for sustainable human habitation isn't one of them.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:33 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
I watched the second half to complete my viewing and I am unswayed. I think the planet is more important than the affairs of man and if we can't be stopped by mutual consent from destroying this place, it will have to be done by force. While I do indeed consider some things to be sinister, sound use of the planet's resources for sustainable human habitation isn't one of them.
Well carbon taxes fall under this guise and I don't agree w/ them.

However, I do think communities need to rethink how things are being planned, but how it is being planned and implemented is very important.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:39 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
No , if you knew anything about this region...most of us live in 700-1300$ low rise apartments...not High rise rip offs.. You have a huge selection and no one is being pushed into anything thanks to Affordable housing laws....these complexes are often built around the Middle Class....and some for both the Middle Class and poor.

Thanks for the update, it's been many years since I've been in Jersey.

Does this mean Mount Laurel is working well?

Old 03-15-2012, 05:42 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
The whole plan is to have the remainder of the population of the US living in those sustainability areas you mention. I just don't know where those people will grow food for themselves. How will they travel out to their farms to do that. I keep thinking about the movie "Soylent Green" when I see all this crap about what Agenda 21 is all about. I am old enough to be admitted to one of the suicide areas to be turned into the green wafers that the unwealthy people were fed in that movie.

Most left leaners are not about to study Agenda 21 and see that its purpose is to take the wealth of the US and redistribute to poor nations outside any laws.

Pink slime will be replaced by green slime?

But what do the Agenda 21 people say to pooir people in rich nations? Nothing as far as I can tell.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:52 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Please be aware that no matter how badly mankind messes up (even nuclear war) the planet has a couple of billion years until the sun goes nova. Even if man renders, through sheer greed, stupidity and short term thinking, the planet uninhabitable some life will continue. Mankind might not be part of it.

I do not believe any natural monopoly such as mineral resources, including water, or public utilities such as roads, canals, railroads and aviation should be privately owned. All of these are effectively monopolies and would be best developed for the benefit of all of us instead of being abused by private business. Businesses should always be operating in a free and open market with an unlimited number of suppliers and an equal number of buyers. Only under those conditions can the “invisible hand” of the market control the distribution of capital investment. The entire concept of a “safe” investment, except for government securities, negates the entire concept of a market.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:03 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Thanks for the update, it's been many years since I've been in Jersey.

Does this mean Mount Laurel is working well?
Its almost all paved over with Subdivisions , Farms are dying all across being replaced with Suburbia sprawl....its due to the Different Govt structure in South Jersey...which is why its so cheap down there and its exploding with growth. While Taxes and house prices are cheap , compared to the Transit towns in South Jersey , cost of living in the Auto Suburbs is almost double. So you may get cheaper taxes which not much cheaper then the transit towns , but a suburban lifestyle in Mt Laurel puts a strain on your income.

Apartments in South Jersey in the Transit towns average 800$ , Auto towns average 500. In North Jersey the Average in Transit towns is 1000$ , with auto towns being 700$ , with Central Jersey Transit towns average 800$ with Auto hitting 600$.

While Transit towns cost more , your less likely to use your car there , with everything being within walking distance of your apartment or house. Most people in the Larger towns with car sharing services don't own cars , but use that service to do there shopping and certain things once or twice a week. As for the Auto towns in NJ there creating a bike lane system along the road and adding sidewalks....which have become very popular. Theres a waiting list of 300 towns wanting these improvements , on dry days there are droves of bikers of all ages. Sometimes there bike jams.... Then theres the Transit system ,it goes everywhere and comes every 10-25mins 20hrs a day in the Suburbs with Urban areas getting 20-24hr service... 2.1 Million New Jerseyites use Transit each day , it goes to the beach , the mountains (hills) , waterparks , museums , University's , State Parks , and neighboring states....aswell as 80% of the states towns and all of the county seats...and Urban Job hubs.

Last edited by DarkWolf; 03-15-2012 at 06:25 AM..

Old 03-15-2012, 09:44 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Please be aware that no matter how badly mankind messes up (even nuclear war) the planet has a couple of billion years until the sun goes nova. Even if man renders, through sheer greed, stupidity and short term thinking, the planet uninhabitable some life will continue. Mankind might not be part of it.

I do not believe any natural monopoly such as mineral resources, including water, or public utilities such as roads, canals, railroads and aviation should be privately owned. All of these are effectively monopolies and would be best developed for the benefit of all of us instead of being abused by private business. Businesses should always be operating in a free and open market with an unlimited number of suppliers and an equal number of buyers. Only under those conditions can the “invisible hand” of the market control the distribution of capital investment. The entire concept of a “safe” investment, except for government securities, negates the entire concept of a market.
I would say that the UN through Agenda 21 and its NGOs has pretty well taken you in but then left lean is involved, also. I guess you don't see private monopoly as the same as UN monopoly, but then you don't try very hard, do you?

When the government takes over the production of electricity, as will happen with the success of Agenda 21 you may find that you were wrong all along.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:41 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Ask the Chinese. They celebrate every year when the government decides its cold enough to turn the heat on for everybody. For some reason left leaners want that here too. I guess they really think that the global warming thing will really keep us all warm and aren't worried.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies