Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 01:59 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
"Tony Ray Thornton, the President and CEO of Planned Parenthood in Lubbock, TX, was arrested this week for indecent exposure. Thornton was released on a $750 bond after being in custody on Monday over charges that he exposed himself in a local park. The Planned Parenthood CEO was picked up by police at a baseball field inside Mackenzie Park around 3:30 in the afternoon."

Planned Parenthood Leader Arrested For Indecent Exposure

Arrested on Monday. Still haven't heard anything about this in MSM. Guess they are too busy with the Rush stories.

So, this means, what, Planned Parenthood supports this kind of behavior?

So, when a Youth Minister or Priest molests a kid, does that mean the Church supports that behavior.

Epic Fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 02:03 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Why in god's name would the story of anyone from a middle sized town like Lubbock, Tx who has been arrested for what is a Class B misdemeanor rate as being a national news story?
Why would the story of a preacher from a mid size city in Colorado, who was never even arrested (IIRC) for what would have doubtless be misdemeanor (soliciting) if he had, rate as being a national news story?

Old 03-14-2012, 03:01 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Thanks for sharing this seven month old story...
Are you saying it doesn't happen in the religious community?
It happened, didn't it?
And 7 months isn't all that long ago.
Some of your stories are that old; in fact, you blame Obama for many things that happened on Bush's watch.

Old 03-14-2012, 03:09 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Yeah but it does have bearing on the media. If it was, say James Dobson, it would be splattered all over the press. For example google the story about Ted Haggard, the evangelical-conservative preacher caught in a sex scandal. It was all over CNN, MSNBC, NYT, etc.

Google this planned parenthood guy, and all that comes up is a bunch of conservative blogs & web sites. Zip, zero, nada from the MSM.
Oh so true...

Old 03-14-2012, 03:17 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
Quote:
Planned parenthood is a poltical organization. I don't think any sane person would dispute that.
I suspect if you asked the question across the nation the answer would be different than yours is. While not a political organization, attacks on it and women in general definately are politically motivated. That's how I see it, and I believe I'm in the majority with that view.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:38 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Arrested on Monday. Still haven't heard anything about this in MSM. Guess they are too busy with the Rush stories.
Sounds like a local cop story to me. My guess is no one outside of Lubbock really cares.

Quote:
Planned parenthood is a poltical organization. I don't think any sane person would dispute that.
Well ... no. Planned Parenthood is a health care organization.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:41 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Why would the story of a preacher from a mid size city in Colorado, who was never even arrested (IIRC) for what would have doubtless be misdemeanor (soliciting) if he had, rate as being a national news story?
I have no idea, and since you give no reference to the story, I have to consider your question irrelevant to the topic or my comment.

Now if you would like to post some specific information, I might be able to answer your question.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I have no idea, and since you give no reference to the story, I have to consider your question irrelevant to the topic or my comment.

Now if you would like to post some specific information, I might be able to answer your question.
It was referenced in post #12--the case of Ted Haggard, conservative preacher from Colorado.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Sounds like a local cop story to me. My guess is no one outside of Lubbock really cares.

Well ... no. Planned Parenthood is a health care organization.

Where is it written that an org cannot be involved in both health care and politics? Isn't PP a player in the abortion debate? Isn't that a political debate. And don't they get something like $300 million from the gov't, which means they are political by definition?

Anyway, we could go around and around on this. Just a debate over semantics. If you want to believe PP is not political, to each his/her own.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:16 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
So, this means, what, Planned Parenthood supports this kind of behavior?

So, when a Youth Minister or Priest molests a kid, does that mean the Church supports that behavior.

HA! You've been reading these boards, haven't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies