Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 01:32 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,639,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
As no one in their right mind could believe such a fairy tail it must at the very least be satire with a bit of hypocritical paranoia thrown in for humor.
Its topics like this one that makes coming to the political forum worth the effort
And we have some extra fun this morning with lots of interesting junk from RCCCB, keep it up this is fun
Attacking Obama's religious beliefs by mentioning Wright is at least fair game. Attacking Obama for being a Muslim is just f'ing ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 01:49 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Liberation theology is very mainstream American. It just happens to be mainstream African American. There is nothing hateful or racist about Jermiah Wright's message. He works closely with white clergy members from Chicago. It's easy to take some words out of context and twist them.
Malcolm X was more tolerable then Wright. Malcolm X actually made sense.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:56 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,639,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Malcolm X was more tolerable then Wright. Malcolm X actually made sense.
So you think X was sensible, but Wright makes no good points. Do you care to elaborate?

Old 03-15-2012, 01:57 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Attacking Obama's religious beliefs by mentioning Wright is at least fair game. Attacking Obama for being a Muslim is just f'ing ridiculous.
I don't know anything for a fact about Obama, but he himself talked about his Muslim faith before, I do remember that. Did he convert later to a racist form of so called Christianity under Wright, don't know what the heck that was?

It is the President's own words and actions that seems to get a few people wondering what he really is IMO, but what we know is that most everone wants him gone next election... Praise the Lord?

Old 03-15-2012, 05:28 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
with a middle name like Hussein? HUSSEIN? His name isn't Barack Abraham Obama. It isn't Barack Peter Obama. It isn't Barack Joseph Obama. No his name is Barack HUSSEIN Obama. His father was a Muslim from Kenya. The Islamic religion is passed through paternal lineage, so whether you like it or not he was born a Muslim. Additionally, he was raised in the Islamic faith in Indonesia where he attended a madrassa. In matters of religion he certainly seems to give Islam special consideration over the other religions of the world. Now who knows what, if any religion he currently practices. We know he sat in Reverend Wrong's hate American church for 20 some odd years. But the fact is he is a Muslim by birth and was raised a Muslim, so to stand there and claim with conviction that he's not a Muslim and to write off those who believe he is as uneducated hicks is not only bigoted and hateful but also incredibly ignorant.
So, since you call yourself Birch we should think you're a tree?

Old 03-15-2012, 05:37 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
I have a Welsh given name, a Catholic middle name, and a Scandanavian surname.

Incidentally, I am neither Welsh, nor Catholic, nor from Sweden.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:44 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
And what about Warren "G" Harding? Did you know that the G stands for Gamaliel? What kind of middle name is that for a president!? Isn't that Jewish? And Nixon: his middle name was "Milhous". Isn't that the name of that kid on the Siimpsons? And Ron Paul, his middle name is 'Ernest', which is as German as can be. Could he be from a Nazi family? And George Washington: he never told anyone his middle name. Why? Was HE Muslim too? Ii guess he must have been, else he would have owned up to his middle name.

Why aren't these guys vetted better!

Old 03-15-2012, 05:54 AM

43,620 posts, read 44,355,249 times
Well definitely according to Islam, President Obama was born a Muslim as his father was Muslim and even gave him a Muslim middle name. The fact that he may have attended a madrasah means he was trained in the Muslim faith. But all of this does not mean he is a practicing Muslim. The question is has he undergone a baptism to become a Christian? Does he have a record/certificate of baptism?

Old 03-15-2012, 06:01 AM

855 posts, read 1,172,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Well definitely according to Islam, President Obama was born a Muslim as his father was Muslim and even gave him a Muslim middle name. The fact that he may have attended a madrasah means he was trained in the Muslim faith. But all of this does not mean he is a practicing Muslim. The question is has he undergone a baptism to become a Christian? Does he have a record/certificate of baptism?

And how does any of this qualify him to be President of the United States? I didn't know you needed a certificate of baptism for the job...

Old 03-15-2012, 06:02 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
To me he was your basic nut case.

Black liberation theology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The Day of Jerusalem's Fall"

"I heard Ambassador Peck on an interview yesterday. Did anybody else see him or hear him? He was on Fox News. This is a white man, and he was upsetting the Fox News commentators to no end. He pointed out — did you see him, John? — a white man, he pointed out, ambassador, that what Malcolm X said when he got silenced by Elijah Muhammad was in fact true — America's chickens are coming home to roost."[15]
"We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye...(this is true) and now we are indignant, because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought back into our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost."
Later, Wright continued :
"Violence begets violence. Hatred begets hatred. And terrorism begets terrorism. A white ambassador said that y'all, not a black militant. Not a reverend who preaches about racism. (this is true as well)An ambassador whose eyes are wide open and who is trying to get us to wake up and move away from this dangerous precipice upon which we are now poised. The ambassador said the people that we have wounded don't have the military capability we have. But they do have individuals who are willing to die and take thousands with them. And we need to come to grips with that."
"Confusing God and Government"
"[The United States] government lied about their belief that all men were created equal. The truth is they believed that all white men were created equal. The truth is they did not even believe that white women were created equal, in creation nor civilization. (this is true as well, the guy was on a roll all that follows is true)The government had to pass an amendment to the Constitution to get white women the vote. Then the government had to pass an equal rights amendment to get equal protection under the law for women. The government still thinks a woman has no rights over her own body, (reference all the recent contraception talk and vaginal ultrasound bills and such to see this is true) and between Uncle Clarence who sexually harassed Anita Hill, and a closeted Klan court, that is a throwback to the 19th century, handpicked by Daddy Bush, Ronald Reagan, Gerald Ford, between Clarence and that stacked court, they are about to undo Roe vs. Wade, just like they are about to un-do affirmative action. The government lied in its founding documents and the government is still lying today. Governments lie (I think we all know this to be true)."
He continued:
"The government lied about Pearl Harbor too. They knew the Japanese were going to attack. Governments lie. The government lied about the Gulf of Tonkin Incident. They wanted that resolution to get us in the Vietnam War. Governments lie. The government lied about Nelson Mandela and our CIA helped put him in prison and keep him there for 27 years. The South African government lied on Nelson Mandela. Governments lie."
Wright then stated:
"The government lied about the Tuskegee experiment. They purposely infected African American men with syphilis. Governments lie. The government lied about bombing Cambodia and Richard Nixon stood in front of the camera, 'Let me make myself perfectly clear...' Governments lie. The government lied about the drugs for arms Contra scheme orchestrated by Oliver North, and then the government pardoned all the perpetrators so they could get better jobs in the government. Governments lie.... The government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color. Governments lie. The government lied about a connection between Al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein and a connection between 9.11.01 and Operation Iraqi Freedom. Governments lie."
He spoke about the government's rationale for the Iraq War:
"The government lied about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq being a threat to the United States peace. And guess what else? If they don't find them some weapons of mass destruction, they gonna do just like the LAPD, and plant the some weapons of mass destruction. Governments lie."
Wright then commented on God and government:
"And the United States of America government, when it came to treating her citizens of Indian descent fairly, she failed. She put them on reservations. When it came to treating her citizens of Japanese descent fairly, she failed. She put them in internment prison camps. When it came to treating her citizens of African descent fairly, America failed. She put them in chains, the government put them on slave quarters, put them on auction blocks, put them in cotton field, put them in inferior schools, put them in substandard housing, put them in scientific experiments, put them in the lowest paying jobs, put them outside the equal protection of the law, kept them out of their racist bastions of higher education and locked them into positions of hopelessness and helplessness. The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, not God Bless America. God damn America — that's in the Bible — for killing innocent people. God damn America, for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America, as long as she tries to act like she is God, and she is supreme. The United States government has failed the vast majority of her citizens of African descent.."
Never read that in it's entirety but to me it doesn't wreak of racism. He didn't say that we should hate or kill any white people or anyone else. He didn't say that he thought black people or any other group of people as better than another.

All of the highlights I bolded are true. I really don't see where you're getting at.

And on topic, I have an Irish name. I am a black American, not Black Irish by any means. My maiden surname is English, my mom's maiden surname is German, my grandmother's is Irish.

Also a lot of black people have "Muslim" names, I know a Mustafa, a few girls/women named Khadijah (the prophet Mohammed's wife's name in case you don't know), a Khalil, a Jafar, a Khalid, quie a few men named Mohammed/Muhammed/(other various spellings of the world's most popular name), I even know a guy named Jihad who really hates the negativity associated with his name now and he is not Muslim at all. The majority of the people I know with Arabic/Muslim sounding names are not Muslim. Just like most of the people I know with Irish names aren't Irish and most people I know with Hebrew names are not Jewish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies