Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 05:25 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,462,787 times

Advertisements

It's painfully obvious that the powers in office in the state of California do not want anyone to talk about how shocking the numbers are.

The entire state of California is in the toilet.

This WSJ writer takes the time to analyse it.

Quote:
California's rising standards of living and outstanding public schools and universities once attracted millions seeking upward economic mobility. But then something went radically wrong as California legislatures and governors built a welfare state on high tax rates, liberal entitlement benefits, and excessive regulation. The results, though predictable, are nonetheless striking. From the mid-1980s to 2005, California's population grew by 10 million, while Medicaid recipients soared by seven million; tax filers paying income taxes rose by just 150,000; and the prison population swelled by 115,000.

California's economy, which used to outperform the rest of the country, now substantially underperforms. The unemployment rate, at 10.9%, is higher than every other state except Nevada and Rhode Island. With 12% of America's population, California has one third of the nation's welfare recipients.
California's Greek Tragedy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 05:31 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,286,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
It's painfully obvious that the powers in office in the state of California do not want anyone to talk about how shocking the numbers are.

This WSJ writer takes the time to analyze it.

In the 80s Reagan gave an amnesty to millions of illegals that I would mostly bet are on the dole to this day. That IMO led the way for Democrats to keep the doors to Mexico open and now we have 30% of the welfare in this country with 10% of the population in CA.

CA also gives away tons of EBT, rent, money, education and the government union led by the teacher's union are in essence the mob in how it takes and wastes taxpayer money.

We need to revoke residency to any non-citizen on the dole through themselves or children 3 of the last 5 years. They are supposed to be here if they can support themselves and their family, not be our constant defendants.

Then there is the issue of a lot of these folks not earning money and filing for thousands of dollars in tax return.

Also, as you get further from our southern border you notice there is a lot less trash in the streets. The people from the south live in total trash throughout the country and brought that here.
That was a harsh but true statement.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:32 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,514,425 times
Quote:

The failure of liberalism writ large and a warning of what is coming to the rest of the nation if the loons have their way.

"Learn to swim, see you down in Arizona Bay."

"Because I'm praying for mayhem
And I'm praying for tidal waves
I want to see the ground give way
I want to watch it all go down
Mom, please flush it all away
I want to see it go right in and down
I want to watch it go right in
Watch you flush it all away

Time to bring it down again
Don't just call me pessimist
Try and read between the lines

I can't imagine why you wouldn't
Welcome any change, my friend

I want to see it all come down
Suck it down
Flush it down"

Old 03-15-2012, 05:39 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,815,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
"Learn to swim, see you down in Arizona Bay."

"Because I'm praying for mayhem
I always thought it was "Because I'm praying for rain"

Otherwise I agree with what you pointed out in the first sentence of your post.

Learn to swim.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:43 PM

40,953 posts, read 49,221,262 times
It really paid off when Texas started offering free bus rides to California to anyone on welfare. We run ads here promoting "The Land of Entitlement" and how you deserve a piece of the action.

Just in the last 10 years we've replaced 7 million welfare illegal immigrants with 2 million educated and employed people.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:45 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,514,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
I always thought it was "Because I'm praying for rain"

Otherwise I agree with what you pointed out in the first sentence of your post.

Learn to swim.
Maynard is famous for changing lyrics in concert or in different published sources, I just listened to the song again and it sounds like mayhem to me. It might very well be rain which certainly fits the rest of the song.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:49 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times
And yet, I'd still rather be here than any other state (except perhaps Massachusetts).

Old 03-15-2012, 07:54 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
And yet, I'd still rather be here than any other state (except perhaps Massachusetts).

Where is here, i love my San Clemente, sorry not sorry, love it here, like a resort style living. And the beach. Beautiful scenery and beach. I have been everywhere, traveld the world, and this is beautiful.
But those in power in this State, have totally Fudged it up royally, they all need to be voted out. But the morons, keep on putting the same idiots back in power, Start with our loverly mayor, and keep going. Feinstein, Boxer, they just need to get the hell out. Californians you hear this, vote the idots back in office as you have, this is what the hell happens, my life is not affected by this, but i know so many who deeply are, and this is sad.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:02 PM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Where is here, i love my San Clemente, sorry not sorry, love it here, like a resort style living. And the beach. Beautiful scenery and beach. I have been everywhere, traveld the world, and this is beautiful.
But those in power in this State, have totally Fudged it up royally, they all need to be voted out. But the morons, keep on putting the same idiots back in power, Start with our loverly mayor, and keep going. Feinstein, Boxer, they just need to get the hell out. Californians you hear this, vote the idots back in office as you have, this is what the hell happens, my life is not affected by this, but i know so many who deeply are, and this is sad.
And people like Moonbeam Jerry Brown keep getting elected.

As sad as it is, it is the voters fault. They made their bed now they can lay in it.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:07 PM

30,077 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:

Like Michigan, California is a shining example of the devastating effects of liberalism in action. Let's hope the liberals stay where they are at and do not destroy the rest of the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies