Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 08:02 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,551,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The Rush ship is sinking fast with advertisers running away from his hate filled rhetoric in droves. As of his show today the 15th, Rush had nothing but house ads and public service announcements to fill time. Not a single paid nationwide advertiser.
Though a bright spot he did pick up a new advertiser. A perfect fit with none other than the Westboro baptist church
I somehow am challenged to think of the terms hate and church in the same sentence. How misguided can a group of people be in this world?

Old 03-15-2012, 08:14 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,314 times
Not true. But even if it were, its no big deal. Rush will undoubtedly, like many others, be joining the Revolution Against the Regular AirWaves in the near future. Beck's doing fabulous and truly enjoying the freedom to tell it like it is without PC censorship.

“We are on the edge of something that is bigger than industrial revolution,” Beck said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal. “We’re taking on the big guys.”

"Here we are, a little over 6 months since the launching the network, and many in the established media outlets have taken notice of GBTV’s success.
"[/b]

‘Revolution Against TV’: WSJ Profiles Success of GBTV | TheBlaze.com

Old 03-15-2012, 08:23 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Exclamation misogyny and hate= rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The Rush ship is sinking fast with advertisers running away from his hate filled rhetoric in droves. As of his show today the 15th, Rush had nothing but house ads and public service announcements to fill time. Not a single paid nationwide advertiser.

Who's Advertising On Rush Limbaugh? | Media Matters for America

Though a bright spot he did pick up a new advertiser. A perfect fit with none other than the Westboro baptist church

Westboro Baptist Church CONFIRMS It is Preparing Ads For Limbaugh's Show

The Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) is a fundamentalist religious organization headed by Fred Phelps and based in Topeka, Kansas, U.S..
The church runs numerous websites such as GodHatesFags.com, GodHatesAmerica.com and others expressing condemnation of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people (LGBT), Roman Catholics, Muslims and Jews, as well as populations it believes are supporting the forementioned groups, including Swedes, Canadians, Irish, British, and Americans.
The organization is monitored by the Anti-Defamation League, and is classified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center. Although well-known in LGBT communities for picketing gay pride events and funerals, the group achieved national notoriety for picketing funeral processions for soldiers killed in action during the Iraq War.

Also in 2004, Margie Phelps and her son Jacob were arrested for trespassing, disorderly conduct and failure to obey after disregarding a police officer’s order that they were not allowed to enter a company’s private property with chairs and stand on them with an upside down flag and a picket sign.
In June 2007, Shirley Phelps-Roper was arrested in Nebraska, after demonstrating at the funeral of a soldier, and charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor. The arrest resulted from her allowing her eight-year-old son to step on the American flag during the demonstration, an act which is illegal under Nebraska law. The defense contends that the child’s actions were protected speech, and that the state law is unconstitutional. The prosecution, however, claims that the demonstration was not intended as political speech, but as an incitement to violence, and that Phelps-Roper’s conduct may also constitute child abuse.
Other value judgements
The Westboro Baptist Church attributes membership in most religious groups, such as the Roman Catholic Church or Islam, as akin to devil worship. All non-Christian entities, non-Protestant Christian churches, as well as all Protestant Christian churches which do not strongly condemn homosexuality, are said to be sending their members to Hell. The Westboro Baptist Church teaches that menstruation is a curse from God upon lustful women. Phelps teaches that God cursed Eve with a curse of blood.

wow..........................

no one left to like in their hate-filled world...

Old 03-15-2012, 08:45 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,672 times
I wonder why all this attention and furor is being directed toward a man who's radio show is broadcast on AM radio. Who listens to this stuff? I mean it's AM, for god's sake. Doesn't everyone have satellite now? I think all the publicity will ultimately be in Limbaugh's favor. Any news is good news. No news is bad news. The more you talk about him, the more people will tune in.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:55 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
I wonder why all this attention and furor is being directed toward a man who's radio show is broadcast on AM radio. Who listens to this stuff? I mean it's AM, for god's sake. Doesn't everyone have satellite now? I think all the publicity will ultimately be in Limbaugh's favor. Any news is good news. No news is bad news. The more you talk about him, the more people will tune in.
Only 20-30 MILLION listeners a week.

Old 03-16-2012, 06:57 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,535,531 times
People still listen to Rush? He's relevant to people?

Poster child for the H.S dropout, be a hateful man like Rush!

Old 03-16-2012, 07:21 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,376,187 times
Quote:
Because he seems to be feared by many in the GOP. What is the saying? "Republicans want to bomb Iran but they are afraid of Rush Limbaugh."

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...rush-limbaugh/

Old 03-16-2012, 07:25 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
People still listen to Rush? He's relevant to people?

Poster child for the H.S dropout, be a hateful man like Rush!
BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW THERE'S NO HATEFUL RHETORIC ON THE LEFT!! RIGHT??

Libtalker Ed Schultz: Laura Ingraham's 'A ****' - YouTube

The Depravity of the Left on Display: Alan Colmes & Rick Santorum's Dead Baby - YouTube

Old 03-16-2012, 07:30 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,757 times
Quote:

The Rush Limbaugh Show is on 105.9 FM here in Washington DC. It is crystal clear and rings in Baracks big ears.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:07 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
My prediction: On January 21, 2013, Barack Obama will be sworn in again and Rush Limbaugh will STILL be on the radio.

It may take a bit of time but he will cobble together some right wing businesses at a reduced rate while the storm blows over. He has enough money to ride the storm out... In a 150' yacht eating caviar receiving favors from various female admirers.

No matter which side you are one you get one lose one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies