Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2012, 05:15 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,873,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Is that of some significance?
Only to non-rocks.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:44 PM

133 posts, read 77,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
That's probably why nobody is making such a charge. Except you.
Yes, someone else is making such a charge.

//www.city-data.com/forum/23438925-post66.html

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-16-2012 at 06:20 PM..

Old 03-16-2012, 05:46 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,335,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
He has many. He didn't lose many, and several have asked to return. The only ones I notice that are not currently on are Carbonite, Sleep Number, and Legal Zoom.

These people are following Media Matters, which is known for distortion of truth, if not outright lies. Always has been. They are a propaganda site.
It's not outright lies. The ad orders might have already been placed. By pulling advertising, that could mean everything from a cease-desist of current ads to cancelling future ad orders. For some it might be right away; for others it might mean that they'll go with the ad orders they have.

FWIW, I think the advertisers are being a bit disingenuous. I don't respect any advertiser for pulling out of Rush's show, not when they've been supporting his act the entire time, fully aware of the corrosive effects he's had on political discourse.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:49 PM

10,835 posts, read 14,947,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
As someone who does listen to his show, I can confirm that he has several paid advertisers. I wonder why you can only type propaganda that isn't supported by fact.
I heard several national ads today.

But I did cancel Netflix and last weekend I cancelled our Penny's and Sears charge accounts because they dropped Rush.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:31 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,589,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Conservatives don't often stoop to that level. We believe in freedom of speech.
Do you have any understanding at all, what that "Freedom of speech" you are talking about is???? I really doubt it!

It reminds me of that complete goofus Sara Palin. She has no clue what freedom of speech is either. She and many like her think it's a freedom of speech issue when your employer tells you that you can't say such and such or write such and such, IF YOU WANT TO STAY EMPLOYED IN HIS BUSINESS. Constitutional "freedom of speech" is between the citizen and the government, ONLY and not ANY other parties.

It's my freedom of speech that I can phone, Email or write to anyone and tell them I won't buy their products if............... It's freedom of speech because the government can not prevent me from doing so or charge me with any crime for it.

As far as your assertion that "Conservatives don't often stoop to that level, all I can say is LOL LOL LOL.
There is NO level a conservative will not stoop to.

What level do you ascribe to lying to the American people about Iraq's WMD in order to invade and destroy the country. Expend trillions of American tax payers dollars, kill thousands of young American men and women, create tens of thousands of walking wounded who should be cared for for the rest of their lives.

That is stooping lower than an earthworm's belly and you can't get lower than that.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:19 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,091,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
People still listen to Rush? He's relevant to people?

Poster child for the H.S dropout, be a hateful man like Rush!
He's only relevant to the truly ignorant RWNJs..morons have to have a hero and a fat,worthless,chickenhawk,drug addicted,rumored pedophile seems to fit the bill nicely for them.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:27 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,909,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
What level do you ascribe to lying to the American people about Iraq's WMD in order to invade and destroy the country. Expend trillions of American tax payers dollars, kill thousands of young American men and women, create tens of thousands of walking wounded who should be cared for for the rest of their lives.
What is conservative about that? It is Woodrow Wilson ideology taken to its inevitable position.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:32 PM

I will bet anyone 100 bucks Rush is on the air a year from now.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:35 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,091,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I will bet anyone 100 bucks Rush is on the air a year from now.
You won't get any takers on that...he'll still be farting through his mouth till they haul him out of his chair that smells like ass and cigars when he chokes on a Big Mac...hopefully Westboro will do ONE good thing in their miserable lives and show up at HIS funeral

Old 03-16-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
You won't get any takers on that...he'll still be farting through his mouth till they haul him out of his chair that smells like ass and cigars when he chokes on a Big Mac...
Ya caint make the same claim for liberal radio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies