Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2007, 10:42 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times

Advertisements

hear people saying we don't need this war
But, I say there's some things worth fighting for
What about our freedom and this piece of ground
We didn't get to keep 'em by backing down
They say we don't realize the mess we're getting in
Before you start your preaching let me ask you this my friend

Have you forgotten how it felt that day?
To see your homeland under fire
And her people blown away
Have you forgotten when those towers fell?
We had neighbors still inside going thru a living hell
And you say we shouldn't worry 'bout bin Laden
Have you forgotten?

They took all the footage off my T.V.
Said it's too disturbing for you and me
It'll just breed anger that's what the experts say
If it was up to me I'd show it everyday
Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
Well, after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right

Have you forgotten how it felt that day?
To see your homeland under fire
And her people blown away
Have you forgotten when those towers fell?
We had neighbors still inside going thru a living hell
And we vowed to get the one’s behind bin Laden
Have you forgotten?

I've been there with the soldiers
Who've gone away to war
And you can bet that they remember
Just what they're fighting for

Have you forgotten all the people killed?
Yeah, some went down like heroes in that Pennsylvania field
Have you forgotten about our Pentagon?
All the loved ones that we lost and those left to carry on
Don't you tell me not to worry about bin Laden
Have you forgotten?

Have you forgotten?
Have you forgotten?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 10:50 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Have I forgotten 9/11? Nope.

But I think the majority of America has "forgotten" that Iraq and 9/11 are two distinct and separate issues.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:52 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,439,950 times
No, I have not forgotten. I lived in a DC suburb on 9/11. It was a scary time and my heart goes out to all those that died and their families and loved ones.
But my heart also goes out to the Iraqi people, they had nothing to do with 9/11 and yet they are paying a horrible price. How many innnocent Iraqi's have died? No one cares to talk about them. I would never forgive those that planned and executed 9/11. I will also never forgive Bush and Co. for the way they used 9/11 to further their own agenda's.

Old 09-11-2007, 01:19 PM

572 posts, read 2,089,334 times
Living right outside of NYC and seeing the smoke from my backyard, I learned that 2 of my neighbors wouldn't be returning to their families.

No I have not forgotten. I remember everyday when I get the mail and see my widowed neighbor raising 3 children on her own. I remember when I go to the town beach and instead of a sign "Welcome to Sherwood Island" I see "9/11 Memorial, straight ahead." I remember 9/11 when I talk to my cousin who is in Iraq, and I remember when I talk to my brother in-law who is there also. I remember when I get on a plane, that hundreds of people were doing the same thing as I was six years ago - just trying to get to their destination. I remember when I see Bush discussing Iraq. I remember when I see the casualties rise past the 9/11 mark, and I ask "why?"

No, I did not forget how it felt that day - I live with it in my everyday life, as millions of other Americans do as well. It's ironic how those who have lost family members are so against the Iraq war, and it's equally ironic how those who live thousands of miles from NYC, DC and PA support Bush and the war, meanwhile they don't know anyone murdered on 9/11 and would never go to Iraq, or send their children there.

Why are we in Iraq? Is it 9/11? Absolutely not.

Our nation should be embarrassed on this day of remembrance, because our leaders have committed crimes and should be punished severely. How anyone can support our current occupation in the Middle East is beyond me.

GET OUT OF IRAQ, NOW!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies