Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 01:17 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,782,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
It's actually quite an easy answer.

For the same reason that one can't cut one's way to full employment.

When there is a severe recession, unemployment is high, which reduces tax revenue and also drains government resources because of additional unemployment benefit spending, add'l Medicaid spending, add'l Food Stamps spending, etc.

Thus, the major objective should be to get back to full employment and move GDP to potential GDP as quickly as possible. The way to do that is for the government to replace lost demand. The chart below shows the gap between GDP and potential GDP.

Source: CBO

Austerity is actually counterproductive in fiscal terms (as the Europeans are finding out): it depresses growth, so that the debt position becomes worse because tax revenue falls even more and more people require aid -- deepening deficits.

That is pure total BS - misinformation that is not based on fact or truth.

You didn't explain how to spend your way out of debt. All you posted was a bunch of nonsense!

Want proof ?? GO OUT AND BORROW MORE MONEY!! Lets see where it gets you personally (when you don't have a job).

Quit the liberal BS lying and deception Ok???

Just go do it and report the results. YOU WILL FAIL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 01:26 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
When do statements end in question marks? I thought this guy loved America, so shouldn't he know how to use English as well as a second grader?

I thought these were supposed to be facts as well, not conspiratorial deranged birther ravings and already disproved lies.

Lord of the Rings was better grounded in reality...also less likely to lead to a lifelong obsession leading to an emotionally stunted and socially crippled life unable to deal with the real world.
Well said!

Old 03-20-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
You must have a short memory. You asked the same question yesterday and I posted the answer in post# 114 of this thread:l
That bs doesn't show any debt being paid!

The question was how do you spend your way OUT OF DEBT.

YOU .......... ;used deception, bs, CBO ? Communist Bull$hit OrganiZation.

Lets take a family that has the main breadwinner out of work; his house is to be foreclosed - Go out and borrow more & more & more.

Now show me without your stupid charts in easy to understand English how this is possible. YOU CAN'T because everyone knows THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE to achieve.

If a family can't do that simple magical feat. Then a country can't either especially when the regulation kardasian president attempts it.. HE TOO WILL FAIL.

This is isn't rocket science. It is BASIC MATH

Old 03-20-2012, 01:32 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,943,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
You didn't explain how to spend your way out of debt. All you posted was a bunch of nonsense!

Want proof ?? GO OUT AND BORROW MORE MONEY!! Lets see where it gets you personally (when you don't have a job).

Quit the liberal BS lying and deception Ok???

Just go do it and report the results. YOU WILL FAIL
Well, established macroeconomics says that GDP is defined as:

GDP = C + G + I + NX
where:

"C" is consumer spending;
"G" is the sum of government spending;
"I" is the sum of all the country's businesses spending on capital
"NX" is the nation's total net exports, calculated as total exports minus total imports. (NX = Exports - Imports)

If government "G" spends money it increases GDP. With a higher GDP, unemployment declines as there is higher demand. With more people employed, tax revenue rises and which more than covers the amount needed to be borrowed. It's very little different from a business that borrows to increase capacity to make greater sales.

Moreover, since the federal gov't can borrow at near zero real interest rates, the cost of doing what I propose is essentially free.

As I said, this is classical economics. The Europeans have diverged from this and are doing what you suggest, austerity. The result is negative, no or little growth in GDP that's resulted in stagnant economies, higher unemployment, that are making their nation deficit situations worse.

If you really want to learn about this stuff, instead of merely writing uninformed angry posts, I suggest that you enroll in some intro-economics courses.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:43 PM

I am not one bit interested in GDP - that doesn't provide the solution for getting OUT OF DEBT!!

I see... this is too far over your head to understand.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:03 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,438,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
This is more than voting your party on a ticket in a election.

He is damaging this country and everyone knows it that is what it should be about. Not Party lines.
Right ! He's a idiot who starts wars, ruins economies, and then doesn't have to will to help our nation. Lets be real we all know he's liberal so of course he will spend more than a conservative but the last conservative is the one who did true damage to America. Conservative practices of looking out for themselves has hurt a lot of middle and lower class families.

Now don't think I'm saying Obama has done everything right because he's done bad as well. I didn't even like the guy his first two years of Presidency but I think its fair to say Obama is the best candidate of all those running. Just about every conservative running wants to start another war, for what? Gasoline? Please as high as gasoline is I'd rather keep it at these prices rather than to invade the Middle-East for it.

I hate how Obama gave out handouts to so many companies, and I don't like how he spends but what else? He's not as bad as a lot of us make him seem, and to be honest I think its just a race issue.

Just show me some facts of how any of the Republican candidates plan on helping the nation.

Bu

Last edited by BMORE; 03-20-2012 at 02:13 PM..

Old 03-20-2012, 03:22 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,943,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
I am not one bit interested in GDP - that doesn't provide the solution for getting OUT OF DEBT!!

I see... this is too far over your head to understand.
I couldn't arrive at a more uninformed statement if I tried all day.

After World War II, the U.S. had debt of 120% of GDP.
How did that debt get resolved? Through economic growth. In other words, growing GDP.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:10 PM

Obama is:
-- the man who surrounds himself with and seeks the advice of only the radical left and worse
--the man who redistributes (loots) the earnings of the producers to the non-producers so they will continue to vote for him
--the man who is spending and manipulating the greatest country on earth into helplessness and ruin
--the man who speaks of "social justice" but never of freedom.
--the man who hates free market capitalism.
--the man who prevents the development of our oil, coal & nuclear resources.
--the man who rejects the Constitution.
--the man who initiates force against us all by “mandating” his vision of health care.

He is, at best, a cheap Chicago left-wing politician who cares only that he get re-elected to a position he is grotesquely unequipped for -- yet doesn’t take even that position seriously enough to read Economics 101.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:59 PM

It is all about having a budget and living within that budget which the democrats have refused to do for the last 3 years.

SPEND SPEND SPEND for 3 years time and you didn't even begin to grasp at what I was talking about.

Obama is a total failure!! that has been proven (daily) beyond dispute for 3 years now!

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-21-2012 at 05:51 AM.. Reason: response to deletion

Old 03-20-2012, 06:03 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,392,806 times
Quote:
When all else fails, copy and paste false talking points.
Foaming-at-the-mouth rhetoric. Such simple creatures, aren't they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies