Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 06:32 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,640,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
did you really expect the goverment to do anything less?

they are so desperate to hold onto the power they covet, that in the end that same power shall destroy them.
Tis true. Waiting...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 07:02 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
I just got around to watching the video, availble here if you do not like the 'blaze.'
The Vetting - Holder 1995: We Must 'Brainwash' People on Guns

It's funny when Holder urges people with "credibility" to include Marion Barry and Jesse Jackson, to join him in his crusade.

I think Holder will be a big liability to Obama in Nov 2012. Obama has never shown a reluctance to throw people under the bus; makes one wonder how Holder has been able to avoid that fate.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:08 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,640,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I just got around to watching the video, availble here if you do not like the 'blaze.'

It's funny when Holder urges people with "credibility" to include Marion Barry and Jesse Jackson, to join him in his crusade.

I think Holder will be a big liability to Obama in Nov 2012. Obama has never shown a reluctance to throw people under the bus; makes one wonder how Holder has been able to avoid that fate.
Good question.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:35 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

No, what you watched was an edited version of a 2 hour program on CSPAN covering a symposium on reducing youth violent crime. At the time, Holder dealt with that every day as a part of his job as United States Attorney for the District of Columbia.

His comments were about reducing the attractiveness of guns in a certain segment of the youth population, specifically young, urban gangbangers.

But, it's too late now to point out that his comments were taken out of context because this twisted and incomplete version spread across the extreme right-wing blogosphere as rapidly as syphillus in a cat house. Within hours, it was on hundreds of websites and is now accepted as "truth" by those who aren't interested in the REAL truth but are looking to have their prejudices validated.

This is how legitimately concerned American's are manipulated, but who cares about that? After all, like the President, Holder is a scary black guy in a position of power so any lie or half-truth will be accepted without question.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:25 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
What year is it now?
What does that matter?
Quote:
And is Holder the Dictator of Gun regulation?

Old 03-19-2012, 05:29 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,350,388 times
Quote:
What year is it now?

Deflection fail. Please feel free to try again. Actually please do. I'm sure it will be good for a laugh.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:32 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,350,388 times
Quote:
Holder is worse "than the Dictator of Gun Regulation".....LOL

[the mind of a gun nut, they are preyed upon by the NRA just like lonely old ladies are preyed upon by TV evangelists]

These poor souls think the AG can do anything he wants in a Constitutional Democracy.

They ACTUALLY believe that.

It just keeps getting better. As we have seen with Fast & Furious, the AG does think he can do anything he wants to further his agenda and when he's called out on it he cries racism. I'm not sure who's more pathetic: the Obama administration or their supporters.....

Old 03-19-2012, 06:17 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
The context of EH's words are clear and the editing of the clip has no bearing whatsover on his intent.

Reducing gun violence is a comendable thought and there are many ways to approach it.

Interesting that Holder chooses the to make guns repulsive as a means to discourage their use and possession.

As firearms are ingrained and seem almost innate in our population especially young boys, you might think stressing gun safety would be a sensible approach to be embraced institutionally by goverment agencies.

I have a note someone sent me from a teacher to a parent concerning her 4 year old, for drawing a picture of a gun in school. The picture is a few random dots that look more like a constellation of a water droplet than any inatimate man made object. the problem was when the kid was asked what he drew, he said it was a gun.

another friend who never had a gun in the house or talked of guns had her 5 year old say he dropped his 'rainbow stick' when they were getting in the car after daycare. She asked, what's a rainboe stick? that's my gun! But i can't say gun in school.

The feds and state have drug saftey, fire safety, driving safety programs for the grade and high schools but no firearm safety programs.

Why would society be so careless as to allow their kids to walk among the profusion of firearms in this country and not prepare them to act responsibily and safely when they might incidently come in contact with a gun?

Obama and his czars have made it clear that they never directly oppose anything that might put them in bad light with the voters. So like a maagician who diverts attention to perform a trick, these charlatans tweak legislation that makes owning and possessing a firearm a difficult task. sure you can keep your own healthcare, you can keep your guns, but it will cost you.

Restricting where guns may be discharged, tax and EPA regs on ammo and firearm manufacturing and sales, insurance costs, medical surveys about guns in the home, changing policies on federally owned land, activist judges such as the idiot in Nj who locked up a guy the new Gov pardoned.

Holder's course is set, there is no statute of limitations or automatic fading with time of radical or ineffective ideas. As EH is embraced by this radical administration he is 'cut of their cloth' and going full steam to save us from ourselves for social justice or the most dispised kind and political gain.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:32 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
What year is it now?

he is the AG and can help direct policy, no matter what anyone else thinks.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:33 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,477,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
It just keeps getting better. As we have seen with Fast & Furious, the AG does think he can do anything he wants to further his agenda and when he's called out on it he cries racism. I'm not sure who's more pathetic: the Obama administration or their supporters.....
Did anyone have an agenda when Operation Wide Receiver was carried out in 2006-2007?
'Wide Receiver' gun-walking records released by Justice Department - Tim Mak - POLITICO.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies