Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 09:08 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,160,121 times

Advertisements

Yep, if gays are allowed to marry my marriage will be in trouble, so says the Catholic church and it's supporters.
So is any one worried about their marriage if gays tie the knot ?

Oh, question, does the Catholic church have any moral authority left ?

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/3f1df...#axzz1pagGyMU2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 09:09 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,230,494 times
With the straight divorce rate so high, I could care less what straights say about gay marriage.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:24 AM

254 posts, read 202,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
Oh, question, does the Catholic church have any moral authority left ?
Nope. The evil Catholic church is going down the road of irrelevance. More and more countries are freeing themselves of the control of the evil Catholic church. I can't wait for the day when the last pope finally drops dead.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:45 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,443,847 times
The Catholic Church should have no moral authority. They are the largest organized criminal gang on the earth.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:10 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheist Liberal View Post
Nope. The evil Catholic church is going down the road of irrelevance. More and more countries are freeing themselves of the control of the evil Catholic church. I can't wait for the day when the last pope finally drops dead.
Don't get sick, dude.....

U.S. Catholic hospitals dominate Top 100 list

Posted on April 6, 2009 by Tony Spence

Last week Thompson Reuters released its annual list of the 100 Top Hospitals in the U.S. The health care information organization has a tough list of benchmarks that hospitals must meet in order to be considered for ranking. The rankings are divided into five categories: major teaching hospitals, teaching hospitals, and large, medium and small community hospitals.

In the No. 1 spot is St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix, a hospital of Catholic Healthcare West. Catholic health care centers ranked in 28 additional spots across all the categories. Nine of the hospitals were given the Top 100 Hospitals Everest Award for benchmark performance with the highest rates of improvement.

The hospitals represent health ministries that originated with communities of religious sisters throughout the history of health care in America. Among them: Sisters of St. Francis, Bon Secours, Sisters of Mercy, Daughters of Charity, Sisters of Charity, Sisters of Providence, Sisters of St. Joseph and others.

Since one in six Americans receives health care in a Catholic health institution each year, according to the Catholic Health Association, the high rankings are good news for health care consumers in the United States.

Old 03-22-2012, 01:58 PM

18,473 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
With the straight divorce rate so high, I could care less what straights say about gay marriage.

me either, and i am not Chatholic so i dont give a rats ass about their church either.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:05 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
All the churches should keep their religion out of this countries laws.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:48 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times
The Catholic Church lost all moral authority when they decided to actively particpate in a decades long coverrup of the systemic sexual abuse of children by priests. It also doesn't help that the current leader of the Catholic Church was a member of the Hitler Youth.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:49 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheist Liberal View Post
Feel and believe whatever you want, but your statement is pretty hateful. Rise above; otherwise, you're no better.

Old 03-23-2012, 05:22 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
I am absolutely terrified, literally cowering in the corner, my comfort Blankie in my scrunched up little fist wondering how Hubby and now can now possibly survive ?

I mean those pesky Gays demeaning the institution of Marriage with their unreasonable demands and official recognition , what are they like ? It is as though we should consider them equal or something. Exaggerated Sigh, raised eyes and shaking of head... Marriage is ONLY for we straight people. Why ? because we say so.... Do you think Marriage is about Love and Commitment or Something ? Seriously ?

What next, Black people demanding to be equal to Whites, Women to Men ? Where is the world going to, what topsy turvy universe do we live in ????

I shall never cease being terrified of what I cannot understand nor refuse to accept because God told me and the minions he speaks through ( or perhaps it is telekinesis - scrap that, that would be Witchcraft) that I shall only be saved if only the righteous ( or should that be self- righteous ? the meaning often gets confused in my pretty little head ) tell others how to lead their lives).

Giving them Gays the right to this sacred institution is opening the floodgates to the Devil's domaine and the slippery slope to Bestialism and even worse horrors to give a woman rights over her own body. Next we shall allow people to marry their Dogs or have sex with corpses...

Being married is scary enough not to add the concept of sharing this with perverts and deviants.... Imagine a world where people who love and are devoted to each other get the right to marry each other regardless of their sexual orientation. How evil, how twisted , how sick !?!?! Even thinking about makes me sick to my stomach. What are we to even consider such a disgusting and shocking possibility ? Animals ?

Get thee behind me Belzeebub and let me cower in my corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies