Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 10:36 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times

Advertisements

Under Florida’s soft gun laws Zimmerman might not ever be charged with murder. However there might be a civil charge of the wrongful death of Trayvon Martin. Mr Zimmerman will need to have deep pockets for a defense attorney and I understand he was patrolling a gated community. A gated community is usually one that is an HOA. I believe I heard that they (the residents of the HOA) voted to have Zimmerman as their security captain and patrol the area. One might wonder if the HOA and those who live there can be held for any legal actions as well. Attorneys always look for the deepest pockets for a lawsuit, and this case doesn’t smell very nice.

Last edited by AksarbeN; 03-19-2012 at 10:48 PM..

Old 03-19-2012, 10:37 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Aside from how he sounded, a spokesperson from Orange County (next county over) said it's standard procedure in the state of Florida to do drug & alcohol tests in homicide cases but for some reason Sanford police didn't do one and haven't provided a reason for not doing one....
Because they're a redneck podunk FL police force.

And what's standard practice in FL? It is one strange state when it comes to laws and procedures.

A child can drown in a pool and as long as no drugs are involved there are no charges, I guess being negligent doesn't matter.

A driver hit and kills a motorcyclist and all they have to say is they didn't see them, and that's the end of it.

Even the Orange County Sheriff's Dept didn't handle the Casey Anthony case properly.

I have a feeling unless the Feds get involved Zimmerman is going to get off scott free.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:39 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,276,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Question:

It is an established fact that a person's voice can be identified through a recording, why haven't police definitely established just who was crying for help BEFORE shot(s) were fired? Witness have stated in a number of reports that they heard the voice of a child screaming for help prior to shots being fired. If that voice was that of Trayvon Martin it would certainly establish just who the aggressor was in this incident.

You realize, of course, how long this takes? And how much it costs? And its not an exact science, which can be challenged in court?

Old 03-19-2012, 10:41 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
I wonder if he mentioned this to them or they just did a sloppy job.
Don't know.

From a personal perspective, I think Orange county is just glad that another police department is being talked about. They're still recovering for the bad publicity from the Casey Anthony trial.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:44 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,276,406 times
For the "arrest him now crowd." NONE of you have ANY background in law enforcement or the criminal justice system. Your ignorance and, for that matter, down right stupidity, is coming out. You realize, IF the police arrest him, they have 48 hours to present their case to the district attorney? You, of course, KNOW this, right? If they arrest him, and DO NOT have the probable cause to hold him, he will be released and all racial BS will go out the window. Then you will all find some other reason to complain.

They are doing it right. They are taking their time, conducting a proper and THOROUGH investigation, and allowing the Grand Jury to make the decision.

Ignorance is truly bliss. Let your emotions go, when it comes to the criminal justice system. Otherwise, you will lose and for most of you, you already have.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:46 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,570,522 times
If the HOA approved his patrolling the area they are up to their eyeballs in liability. I hope they kept good minutes because they may have only given him permission to watch and call the police.

Sometimes HOAs have a segment before the meeting is called to order where members can express concerns. It would be interesting to determine if Zimmerman spoke during meetings, what he said and what the Board approved.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:49 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
For the "arrest him now crowd." NONE of you have ANY background in law enforcement or the criminal justice system. Your ignorance and, for that matter, down right stupidity, is coming out. You realize, IF the police arrest him, they have 48 hours to present their case to the district attorney? You, of course, KNOW this, right? If they arrest him, and DO NOT have the probable cause to hold him, he will be released and all racial BS will go out the window. Then you will all find some other reason to complain.

They are doing it right. They are taking their time, conducting a proper and THOROUGH investigation, and allowing the Grand Jury to make the decision.

Ignorance is truly bliss. Let your emotions go, when it comes to the criminal justice system. Otherwise, you will lose and for most of you, you already have.
The overwhelming majority of the people on the "arrest him now" bandwagon are only there because of the race angle. If this kid was white or Indian most of these people wouldn't give a damn who shot who or why. These people are sooooo filled with hate and ignorance that they've let it spill into their ability to think logically even when presented with the facts over and over again.

These idiots think that the police told Zimmerman he was free to go, have a nice day. You know damn well Zimmerman is not only hiding for his life right now but the police are watching every move he makes.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:50 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Under Florida’s soft gun laws Zimmerman might not ever be charged with murder. However there might be a civil charge of the wrongful death of Trayvon Martin. Mr Zimmerman will need to have deep pockets for a defense attorney and I understand he was patrolling a gated community. A gated community is usually one that is an HOA. I believe I heard that they (the residents of the HOA) voted to have Zimmerman as their security caption and patrol the area. One might wonder if the HOA and those who live there can be held for any legal actions as well. Attorneys always look for the deepest pockets for a lawsuit, and this case doesn’t smell very nice.
That is so true about FL's soft gun laws. They were very recently considering even doing away with CCW and letting people carry out in the open.

That would be nice, sitting in a restaurant or shopping at Target and seeing people walking around with guns strapped to them.

And that's an interesting thought about the HOA, if they hired this guy and condoned him walking around like Wyatt Earp then they all may find themselves involved in a lawsuit.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:51 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:

You claim others are being emotional, yet you seem to display an over abundance of this yourself in this post.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:51 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:

I agree with your comments except for this one. I have absolutely no faith in the Sanford police department or their investigation. The current chief hasn't even been in that position for a year because of the internal issues of dirty cops and dirty dealings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies