Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 09:58 AM

613 posts, read 760,459 times

Advertisements

I was with this fellow until I read this part at the end:

Peterson, who is a Christian, also said that, “As it was originally God who gave me the idea and the heart to even care, I know [He] has allowed all of this for a reason and I know that in some way [He] will be glorified.”

Why is he blaming this god person?

Now, I’m thinking he probably was up to something and they are going to find a bunch of bodies buried under his basement and in his backyard. When it comes to giving people ideas, this god person has an extremely bad record.

I hope we don’t hear, “My friend god gave me the idea to bury the bodies in basement and then my friend Jesus told me to dump acid on them and encase them in concrete”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 09:59 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Ok after reading that and all the subsequent comments and info I'm thinking there was something else going on with this guy.

Is he a predator? could be.
that's what i'm wondering, given he lied about the situation.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:00 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
I was with this fellow until I read this part at the end:

Peterson, who is a Christian, also said that, “As it was originally God who gave me the idea and the heart to even care, I know [He] has allowed all of this for a reason and I know that in some way [He] will be glorified.”

Why is he blaming this god person?

Now, I’m thinking he probably was up to something and they are going to find a bunch of bodies buried under his basement and in his backyard. When it comes to giving people ideas, this god person has an extremely bad record.

I hope we don’t hear, “My friend god gave me the idea to bury the bodies in basement and then my friend Jesus told me to dump acid on them and encase them in concrete”.
If I were a detective in that town I would be checking the cold case files of all cities in the county. Could have another BTK killer on their hands.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidkitty View Post
that's what i'm wondering, given he lied about the situation.

yup

Old 03-20-2012, 10:05 AM

I mean really i don't want to jump to any conclusions because its also possible after 3 days he got his story mixed up. Still the fact he basically chased them down and the questions he asked would alarm a lot of girls and boys. I also know when i was in high school there was a guy who would pick the older elementary school girls, and younger middle school girls up and try to pressure them to "pay for his services". And if they didn't he would let them off in the middle of nowhere.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:07 AM

399 posts, read 855,143 times
I almost hope that this guy got caught doing something not too cool because if this is the way the world is changing it would be just a little too much to take.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:09 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
On the face of it the article reads that this man is being charged unfairly.

However, how do we know exactly what happened in the exchange. Maybe he was to pushy or creepy in trying to get them in the car.

There could be more to the story.

I'll reserve me opinion for now.

There's always more to the story.

In this case, that area has seen several similar attempts to pick up young girls recently, including two in Barrington, IL where this incident took place. While the police do not think this one is related to any others, they've been on the lookout for suspects and the school system and local parents have been on-guard. That's probably why the police were called in the first place and why they did what they did. Apparently, they'd had him under observation for a day or two before visiting his house and, when they found his car gone for repairs, naturally assumed he was trying to hide it. And, they believe it was not snowing that day nor that the girls were improperly clothed.

Was he miscast and improperly accused? Probably, but given the circumstances, it's hard to fault the police for their actions.

Peterson pled guilty and was fined $750, put on probation for 2 years and denied contact with the girls or their parents.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
I mean really i don't want to jump to any conclusions because its also possible after 3 days he got his story mixed up. Still the fact he basically chased them down and the questions he asked would alarm a lot of girls and boys. I also know when i was in high school there was a guy who would pick the older elementary school girls, and younger middle school girls up and try to pressure them to "pay for his services". And if they didn't he would let them off in the middle of nowhere.
I'm thinking this guy has some impulses that he was acting on. I would suspect a warrant for his ISP is coming soon.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:15 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Geez... it is a wonder that ANYBODY offers to do anything nice for anyone anymore....
I'm not commenting on this particular story but that is the truth. I can recall driving down the road one day with my Father and he picked up two very young teenage girls that were hitchhiking. They got a ride but also got an earful about how dangerous it was what they were doing. I don't know if I would do what he did, not because of fear for safety but out of fear of ending up in jail.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I'm not commenting on this particular story but that is the truth. I can recall driving down the road one day with my Father and he picked up two very young teenage girls that were hitchhiking. They got a ride but also got an earful about how dangerous it was what they were doing. I don't know if I would do what he did, not because of fear for safety but out of fear of ending up in jail.
But what you father said is a good cause for girls NOT to accept rides from strangers. This man didn't see these girls walking down the hwy in a blizzard, but spotted them at the gas station, then followed them into a neighborhood asking them if they needed a ride. Then told the police that it was because the girls were underdressed and it was snowing, neither of which turned out true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies