Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 07:00 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times

Advertisements

Funny, but I've never thought of myself as white. I'm more of a pinkish salmon. In the summer, I become slightly orangeish. My legs sadly remain the color of cottage cheese. Their consistency is also tending in that direction, but hey -- I'm an old guy!

My Asian wife is not yellow but the color of wheat, or rich cream. My African-American friends are not black, but range from mocha to ebony. The Native Americans I know are the bronze color of the sandstone rocks of the earth which is their mother, and certainly not red.

All people are beautiful in their own way, and never more so than when they perform acts of kindness or say loving things. The whole race concept is so absurd. How embarrassing it must be to know this, in one's heart of hearts, and not admit it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 07:12 PM

840 posts, read 781,697 times
And the point of this thread is? I mean other than to show you have absolutely no idea about race...

Old 03-18-2012, 07:16 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Funny, but I've never thought of myself as white. I'm more of a pinkish salmon. In the summer, I become slightly orangeish. My legs sadly remain the color of cottage cheese. Their consistency is also tending in that direction, but hey -- I'm an old guy!

My Asian wife is not yellow but the color of wheat, or rich cream. My African-American friends are not black, but range from mocha to ebony. The Native Americans I know are the bronze color of the sandstone rocks of the earth which is their mother, and certainly not red.

All people are beautiful in their own way, and never more so than when they perform acts of kindness or say loving things. The whole race concept is so absurd. How embarrassing it must be to know this, in one's heart of hearts, and not admit it.
Agreed. People are people regardless of their skin tone. The only people hung up on race are those looking for excuses for their own failures and the even more foolish crowd that believes the color of another persons skin should somehow earn their hatred.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:24 PM

840 posts, read 781,697 times
Races are different in IQ,Physically...etc etc

Old 03-18-2012, 07:45 PM

620 posts, read 1,300,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
Races are different in IQ,Physically...etc etc
No they aren't.

There is no scientific basis for racial classification. It is a social construct that varies from nation to nation. Example: Americans think of Irish or English people as being White; however, to the Irish, many perceive themselves as being a separate race than the English.

There is more genetic diversity in the continent of Africa than there is between northern Africa and southern Europe. In fact, Africa has the most genetic diversity of all continents. This means that in spite of having "Black" skin there is no guarantee that beneath that skin there is strong genetic similarity between the individuals.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
And the point of this thread is? I mean other than to show you have absolutely no idea about race...
Oh, I don't know. Maybe to smoke out haters and racists.

I'm hoping for more positive posts, though.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Siobhan View Post
No they aren't.

There is no scientific basis for racial classification. It is a social construct that varies from nation to nation. Example: Americans think of Irish or English people as being White; however, to the Irish, many perceive themselves as being a separate race than the English.

There is more genetic diversity in the continent of Africa than there is between northern Africa and southern Europe. In fact, Africa has the most genetic diversity of all continents. This means that in spite of having "Black" skin there is no guarantee that beneath that skin there is strong genetic similarity between the individuals.
Thank you.

The whole concept is bogus.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:53 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Funny, but I've never thought of myself as white.
I am lucky also, I do not need to think of myself as white. Oppressed racial and ethnic groups have a hard time not identifying themselves by race or ethnicity since society all but forces them to.

Your little pc crapola is just that; crapola.

The concept that race is just a social construct means little to a black man hanging from an oak tree for looking at a white woman.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:57 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,343,520 times
Just as you can't legislate equality, morality or a degree of security as strong as some of the grown-up children out in their suburban hideouts seek, you can't legislate acceptance. It has to evolve as paert of the process of assimilation that has been going on for over a century and a half, and has gone further in the two generations I've been able to recognize it than ever before.

Naturally, the malcontents over in RadicaLand can't admit this; they need to argue otherwise to feed the discord that keeps them in business. Fortunately, more and more of us aren't buying.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:57 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,088,653 times
Quote:
The point of the thread is to show that all people are the same. The children will set the example. The problem called racism comes from people that want to control others. Whether it be for money, political power or personal benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies