Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 01:37 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times

Advertisements

niceT4, The lack of issuuing a statement that night will place Zimmerman behind bars, when, not if, he is convicted. Hiding for a month is not the way to build a defense. If one is innocent, collecting facts while they are fresh and available, is of the utmost importance.

PS, Good to know you use You Tube for legal assistance. LOL! Will wikipedia be next?

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Too bad...he's not credible.

Zimmerman can say anything he wants to clear himself.
Trayvon is dead and cannot dispute anything.

I bet that original police report is getting a good, thorough editing job right now!

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I'm saying that I don't know exactly what happened. I've been saying that from the very beginning. But people are acting like this witness who saw the fight in progress saw the incident from the 9-11 call to the police arrival and that's not the case. The witness can only testify about what he saw and that was a fight in progress.

Of course it matters how it started. The whole basis of self-defense is that Martin started the fight and Zimmerman feared for his life. If Zimmerman started the fight and then realized he was losing he can't claim self-defense. And that's a stupid example.
No it is NOT a stupid example, that's how it works! It doesn't matter HOW anything starts, what matters is WHO threatened WHO's life!

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,188 times
so a trace of marijuana means he deserved to die? oh.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:38 PM

210 posts, read 381,238 times
Is anybody surprised, really? This is every black politician or social activists moment to grab headlines.

Not surprising at all.

Since Obama played the 'he would look like my son, if I had one" card. I'm waiting for a black leader to say he looks like my "dead son, who was gunned down while delivering care packages to the elderly"

3,091 posts, read 3,967,872 times
sickofnyc, we are polar opposites politically, but we wholly agree on this. Even the creator of the Stand Your Ground law does not believe the law should protect Zimmerman. Some interpreting the law though disagree. Many here in Central Florida, knowing the City of Sanford as we do, believe Zimmerman got a lot of passes because his father is a retired judge. The first question out of the mouths of many when learning Zimmerman was not drug tested was, "what does he have on the cops."

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You are denying that Zimmerman followed him? Even Zimmerman admits to that fact. Are you denying the fact that the boy was unarmed? Most of all do you deny that other witnesses are saying that the voice yelling for help sounded like that of a young guy?

Your bias is negating the fact that Zimmmerman has a record of assault and domestic abuse. The boy did not. Although, the right wing under the influence of The NRA is inventing a personality befitting a thug.

Most of the people in support of Trayvon's family that are rallying for a FULL investigation are the ones that are on the right side of the issue. Due process of law seems to mean very little to people such as yourself...I suppose you'd be one of the first to scream about dispespect for The Constitution and individual rights, but in this case...screw it. Do you think that it was right to drug and alcohol test the victim/corpse and not the shooter? Yeah, I guess Dick Cheney would agree with that too.

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
so a trace of marijuana means he deserved to die? oh.
stop strawmanning

Old 03-26-2012, 01:39 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
No witness corroborated that this altercation happened this way. NONE of the witnesses saw this confrontation from the beginning.

And since when do we believe every word that a potential Defendant says? If you were potentially facing a murder charge, wouldn't you say something similar if you were claiming self-defense? That's probably on page 1 of the rule book.
Read again: an account that police said witnesses have corroborated

378 posts, read 704,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I actually gave the benefit of the doubt... I don't think he smoked weed at all because the toxicology report would have shown it in his system. He was suspended the week prior to the shooting.

My point is this....When the MSM wants to sensitize and issue and start with the narrative so people can engineer widespread outrage....this is what happens...

Stuff will get dug up. And honestly, it's good. There has been nothing but irresponsible reporting and coverage of this incident. It's just as bad as the irresponsible police work. That is the point that is getting lost on this country.
I really don't care about the reporting, except for the reporting of the facts of this case. The background of Zimmerman obviously does matter morebecause it's been proven that he has been aggressive, and what happened that night was the utmost of aggressive nature - someone died. Unless any of the things being brought up about Trayvon's past transcend into why he was shot that night, then no, nothing needs really be reported about this. At all.

If this were taken in front of a jury, these new discoveries would not be relevant to the night in question, and I could almost bet that any objection to bringing up this information would be sustained by the judge. Unfortunately, as it stands today, a judge and jury will never hear any of this.

If I were a stripper would that negate the fact that someone who didn't know me or I know them, broke into my house and murdered me? If it's clear that it was a break in and I did not invite this person in, why would me being a stripper be brought up? Just to make me look not so innocent? Do not so innocent people only deserved to not get raped? Do only the best of the best of kids deserve not to get shot down by a gun wielding lunatic? Yes I know this is extremes, but again, who cars about the background of the victim when it has nothing to do with the actual crime?

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
We know Trayvon was out of school on suspension for what was believed to be a bag of pot (meaning he was a future libertarian).
A second witness, a thirteen year old also saw Trayvon beating the poop out of Zimmerman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies