Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 01:57 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
NBC aired an altered copy of a 911 call from Zimmerman. The alteration makes it look like Zimmermann had racist motivations.

NBC's altered version makes it sond like Zimmerman said:

But here is the full, unedited conversation that took place in the 911 call:

Who is the more racially motivated here? Zimmerman or NBC?

I still think that Zimmerman was a damned fool for carrying a gun on a Neighborhood Watch tour. But the more facts that come out about what actually happened, the more this looks like a deliberate attempt by various news outlets, to smear Zimmerman as a racist murderer when in fact he was nothing of the kind.

How do these NBC people sleep at night after pulling something like this?

Huh? Where's the link so we could hear it as well?

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Zimmerman should NBC in civil court.

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
The Special Prosecutor is at work on this. Despite her being a Republican, I think she will work hard on this because alot is at stake here. And from what I have heard, she is one of the best prosecutors in the state and possibly the country. So everybody needs to chill and let the lady do the job she was appointed to do and we will see what the Grand Jury says 8 days from now.
Didn't know this. Thats it, zimmerman will walk for sure. She will find a way. She probably will arrest Trayvons father somehow.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:58 PM

639 posts, read 828,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
they cut out the part where the dispatcher ASKED him what race the guy was. (not that I support wannabe cop Zimmerman)

Old 04-02-2012, 01:58 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
That may very well be the case. However, we shall never know, now will we? I just get very tired of people thinking they know how to conduct a criminal investigation and they have never done so.

Not too mention, for EVERYONE, please remember this:

As a police officer, you arrest based upon probable cause (the old, pesky 4th Amendment). A district attorney needs to prove, BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT, Zimmerman murdered Martin. Two TOTALLY different burdens of proof. The district attorney has the final say so, on what cases will be charged and what will not, based upon their needs; not the police, not the general public.

They are the ones with the expertise on what they believe they can prove beyond a reasonable doubt, to 12 people on a jury. When the case was originally presented to him/her/it, that standard was not there.

Look at the division going on right now. Do you truly believe, you will get 12 people in a jury box, and ALL 12 would convict Zimmerman? Really? So lets just arrest him anyway, put him through 2-3 years of hell, just for the hell of it? Just so our little ego's feel better? That is NOT how our criminal justice system was put together. It was put together to COMBAT that type of persecution.
We don't know everything yet. We will know more when the Grand Jury meets on April 10. I think there is enough evidence for a manslaughter charge at the very least just on the face of it because Zimmerman is a bigger, older and was armed and there is no doubt he was the initial agressor in the case. But once all the evidence is in, we will know more.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:59 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Quote:
Oops! Sorry. Here it is:

NBC to probe its handling of a Trayvon Martin news report

I have put it into the OP as well.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:59 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
NBC aired an altered copy of a 911 call from Zimmerman. The alteration makes it look like Zimmermann had racist motivations.

NBC's altered version makes it sond like Zimmerman said:

But here is the full, unedited conversation that took place in the 911 call:

Who is the more racially motivated here? Zimmerman or NBC?

I still think that Zimmerman was a damned fool for carrying a gun on a Neighborhood Watch tour. But the more facts that come out about what actually happened, the more this looks like a deliberate attempt by various news outlets, to smear Zimmerman as a racist murderer when in fact he was nothing of the kind.

How do these NBC people sleep at night after pulling something like this?
I am shocked. SHOCKED, I tell you, that the media would do such a thing. They report only the facts, without editing, without bias, without an agenda.

Right?

RIGHT?!?!?!!

There's no bias in the media! Ask any liberal!

Old 04-02-2012, 02:02 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,656,809 times
Quote:
But the more facts that come out about what actually happened, the more this looks like a deliberate attempt by various news outlets, to smear Zimmerman as a racist murderer when in fact he was nothing of the kind.
What are the various news outlets you're talking about?

This is a single broadcast by a single network.

It's hard to see how this can be justified by any legitimate journalistic judgment, and I am sure that when NBC completes its internal investigation someone is likely to be reprimanded or even fired, but you're going way overboard here.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:02 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,089,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Let me ask you something. In all those years you did this work can you honestly tell me you didn't know of a significant number of racist or at best officers of questionable ethics and characters?

Where do you come up with all these racial issues here.

EVERYTHING you say has to do with race. I don't see the connection besides a black victim and white/hispanic suspect. Where are you coming up with all your racist garbage. If it's there, it surely isn't obvious, but you're trying to twist everything into some racist mumbo jumbo.

Show me concrete evidence, because I'm more inclined to believe that Zimmerman got off because of his dad's connections not because Zimmerman, the DA, and the PD are all racist.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:03 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,862 times
Quote:

HEEERE it is! thanks, yet again to Sean Hannity and FOX....

You'll hear the edited, very racist-sounding version and yes, if you pay attention you can hear that it's his comments are "separated" per the editing.

THEN you'll see talking heads comment a moment, and THE REAL recording comes up and you will hear that...

drumroll, please..

Zimmerman did NOT mention race/color that the guy looked black UNTIL HE WAS ASKED what race, and the 911 person even listed possible races....NOT Zimmerman.

NBC Deceptively Edits Zimmerman 911 Call Implying Racist Motive - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies