Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 07:07 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,125,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
Regardless of Zimmerman's stupidity, it is possible - EVEN POSSIBLE - that Trayvon Martin wasn't the saint you seem to think he was? And is it possible - EVEN POSSIBLE - that he actually assaulted Zimmerman?

Possible?

I didn't say the kid was a saint. Show me exactly where I said that. You might want to read my post again, then put yourself in his parent's shoes.

It's called simple compassion.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:08 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,331,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I'm not a RW or a LW...

Also, I never commented on Obamas input.....so that doesn't apply to me.

BUTTTTT, since we are here. The "If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon Martin" comment was one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.
How is that stupid when it is true

Old 04-02-2012, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Blahblahblah, LW, RW.

Obama could have left his comment to 'Well, I’m the head of the executive branch, and the Attorney General reports to me so [I'd rather not] make any statement to make sure that we’re not impairing any investigation that’s taking place right now.'

How do you think Zimmerman should have answered the question--- 'No comment.'

And then he would have been attacked for being "insensitive"

Old 04-02-2012, 07:10 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,100,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
Something tells me that the tide of evidence is turning AGAINST Trayvon Martin. Suddenly it's something to be quiet about...

Talk about delusional and wishful thinking.

And who put race into the situation? The "guy" following someone who's black and looks suspicious? The detective who tried to change a witness' statement? The Chief who pushed his own opinions into the investigation?

Old 04-02-2012, 07:10 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,172,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
What would you do if your son were killed? He was unarmed, not participating in a crime, coming back from a convenience store?

What would you do if the police knew who shot him, and no arrests were made?

I would do EXACTLY what Trayvon Martin's parents are doing...keep his name in the papers until something is done.

Don't judge these people till you've walked a mile in their shoes, and pray to God you never have to make that walk.
I pray that I never do have to walk in their shoes, but my question is still valid. After starting the controversy they did, in the manner they did, isn't it a little late?

I also understand, that nobody but Mr Zimmerman and the eyewitness are the only two talking/breathing people who can tell us what really happened.

Here's a question, what if Trayvon actually DID go after Zimmerman and try to get his gun?

Whatever happened, asking for a peaceful resolution, AFTER starting a war, is a little much.

AND, this thread is about the fact that Mr Martin is now calling for a PEACEFUL solution, AFTER all the fuss has erupted!

Last edited by Darkatt; 04-02-2012 at 07:32 AM..

Old 04-02-2012, 07:11 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,375,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Maybe, maybe not. Maybe they see there is too much focus of their son's death to be racial and want to bring it back to what they want - justice, and leaving the racial side out of it - which should have never come into it in the first place.
It's a little late to turn that ship around.

Zimmerman was tried in a court of public opinion. Period. At first it seemed (at least to me) like such a no-brainer. According to the gossip, Zimmerman followed Martin into a park and basically executed him.

Then more actual news began coming out. Some (supposed) witnesses saw something different. They say they saw Martin assault Zimmerman.

But none of that matters now. This was turned in a racial circus from Day 1.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:13 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,375,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Talk about delusional and wishful thinking.

And who put race into the situation? The "guy" following someone who's black and looks suspicious? The detective who tried to change a witness' statement? The Chief who pushed his own opinions into the investigation?

Al Sharpton? Jesse Jackson?

Has it occurred to you that this might not be quite as clear-cut as the media first wanted us to believe?

Old 04-02-2012, 07:20 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,471,556 times
i understand the AA community moral uprising about the death of a young man by means of a firearm.
what i do not understand is their utter apathy to black on black violence.
black on black 9mm pants down killings occur daily on the hood and not a peep is uttered.
in fact black on black violence sells lots of movie tickets.
its not what is done, its who does it??????

Old 04-02-2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Where did you read that?
You do realize that he was a judge? lawyers and judges often cross path in a variety of ways. Can you explain this:

George Zimmerman, Son of a Retired Judge, Has 3 Closed Arrests ...

Does the average person have the ability to have arrest records disappear far enough so that he can purchase and carry a firearm after previous signs of violence?

Old 04-02-2012, 07:22 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,125,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I pray that I never do have to walk in their shoes, but my question is still valid. After starting the controversy they did, in the manner they did, isn't it a little late?

I also understand, that nobody but Mr Zimmerman and the eyewitness are the only two talking/breathing people who can tell us what really happened.

Here's a question, what if Trayvon actually DID go after Zimmerman and try to get his gun?

Whatever happened, asking for a peaceful resolution, AFTER starting a war, is a little much.

No, not really. Unless you have lost a child this way...your question holds no water.

And, I believe it has been answered by more than one poster.

I ask you..what would you do if your child was shot and killed in this manner. I can tell you, my ugly assed face would be front and center on tv every night until justice is done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies