Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2012, 02:06 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
That's a very recent development.
Actually the new police chief is conviently black, the one that was working was white and stepped down (with pay) for a short while

Old 04-04-2012, 02:17 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Actually the new police chief is conviently black, the one that was working was white and stepped down (with pay) for a short while
I would be happy to collect $102,000 a year while someone else handles my responsibilities.

RE: Black police chief.

Sanford Commissioner Velma Williams is Black and she disagrees with the new (interim) police chief. I'm not sure what your point was when you posted, but Michael Steele was the RNC Chairman and Herman Cain was a Republican candidate for POTUS. Yet I've read many posts that claim all Blacks voted for Obama. Just because someone is Black, it doesn't mean that person will be biased one way or another. Yes, it's possible he was chosen out of political correctness, but maybe he was the best choice for the job.

Chief Lee "stepped down" because they needed someone to be objective. On the night of the shooting, he was called to the scene and met with Norm Wolfinger, from the State Attorney's Office. Wolfinger also resigned from the case.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:18 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
And others choose to ignore the witnesses who say George Zimmerman was on top. Are they lying or confused too? What about the witneses that the the police didn't feel the need to speak with and there were witnesses who say the police altered their statements. Someone is lying and we really don't know who attacked who or why. Perhaps TM was standing his ground. If GZ had stayed in his vehicle none of the would be happening right now. TM would still be alive and GZ would still be happily trolling the streets for suspicious black males and calling 911 complaining about ass**** that always get away and Fing coons. There are two sides to every story...people just want the truth, they just want to see that justice is served. GZ's word is not enough. If it were your child would his word be enough for you?
I'm referring to people who believe that GZ's version of events isn't even a possibility. There are conflicting reports, which is what is causing the confusion. But there's enough evidence that points to GZ's statement as being an accurate account of what happened that night. Like I've said many times before, I believe it could go either way.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:21 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,394,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
No you couldn't unless you were sure that the box you had was equivalent to the one I had and were able to account for things like how they were taken apart and put away after the last use.
Since sets are identical, if you buy one Lego Star Wars Land Cruiser, you will get the exact same pieces box to box. Unless you were referring to a general set, which I don't know they even sell anymore. Feeling old yet? In that case, I would submit that each set probably has the identical number/color pieces, but you would have to open two sets to see.

In the case of a general Lego set, based on the color/qualtity, you can calculate the odds of one piece being "on top," but the chances are probably pretty even as I recall an approximately equal color/piece distribution when I was a kid, but that was a long time ago.

I am assuming a new set, not one that has pieces missing, lodged in the throats of small children, pieces wedged in couches, pieces distroyed by chewing dogs, etc.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:23 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,394,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I really do not want to take sides on this one but you have not considered the fact that someone in the complex could be aiding someone else on the outside. The only reason that I'm mentioning this is because I have seen this before were one person "cases" the area and another robs it
I could point to thousands of cases where neighbors robbed neighbors.

At the bar last night, someone related how their cooler was stolen and then a week later, it was recovered from the back of a pickup truck at a local gas station, the cooler still bearing the huge initials of the owner from whom it had been stolen.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I'm none of these things; I can just recognize when people want to fake outrage to further their point.

Like I said, the reaction that I hear to the word "cracker" is either a laugh and/or confusion. While an insult, "cracker" is NOT a racial slur. To feel offended is a natural reaction to being insulted; it still doesn't make it racist.
So insults, referencing someone's race, is not a racial slur?

Old 04-04-2012, 02:25 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,591,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
Since sets are identical, if you buy one Lego Star Wars Land Cruiser, you will get the exact same pieces box to box. Unless you were referring to a general set, which I don't know they even sell anymore. Feeling old yet? In that case, I would submit that each set probably has the identical number/color pieces, but you would have to open two sets to see.

In the case of a general Lego set, based on the color/qualtity, you can calculate the odds of one piece being "on top," but the chances are probably pretty even as I recall an approximately equal color/piece distribution when I was a kid, but that was a long time ago.

I am assuming a new set, not one that has pieces missing, lodged in the throats of small children, pieces wedged in couches, pieces distroyed by chewing dogs, etc.
Yes, based on the assumption of new, identical sets it could be done.
Yes, I do feel old. I saw some Lego sets recently that were incredible.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:25 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,313,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Wow...how tolerant. On a thread where you are proclaiming that someone does not have hate towards anyone, you are hateful. Nice.

Cry me a river..............

Old 04-04-2012, 02:27 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,087,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Are you sure of this? I don't think anyone is dismissing eyewitness testimony (although we haven't heard any under oath in a courtroom yet) However, people just want to know why he followed someone in the dark and what happened before he shot him. If I were satisfied that a full police investigation took place and Zimmerman was acting in self defense, then I wouldn't be posting about this so much. However, as I wrote several times, why would a man with, as you put it, a girly voice, who can't fight off a teenager 100 pounds lighter chase after him? Why would Martin be running in the opposite direction and decide "Oh, I think I'll just turn around and attack this guy and kill him." People on City-Data can call me stupid all they want, but common sense tells me something just isn't right with his story. Chris Serino, the lead investigator felt the same way the night of the shooting.
Another example of the misinformation that is out there.

George is 5'-8" and weights 170 pounds. In order for Martin to be 100 pounds lighter he would have to weight only 70 pounds.

Friend: George Zimmerman scared for his life | News - Home

Old 04-04-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
Life fail.
My life is great, thanks for being concerned. If you don't want to be a failure in life, I suggest you pursue a career that doesn't involve statistics, being as how you got your ass handed to you by several different posters. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies