Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 12:55 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,722,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Why should they have given him a drug/alcohol test? What authority do they have to force him to take a test?
I thought they were the police?

Old 04-02-2012, 12:57 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,403,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yes. They are trying to keep the narrative of the baby-faced, innocent looking boy, as opposed to the gold-toothed looking thug.
I'm sorry, you're implying that it's ok to kill a boy because he has removable gold teeth and 'looks' like a thug?

Or did I misread your statement?

Old 04-02-2012, 12:59 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,403,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
That photo is disgusting.

Liberals want to believe he's an angel so they'll deny reality and call it racism until they are blue in the face.
He's a kid. A kid can curse, talk about women. There's nothing inherently violent in the photo. Silly and childish, yes, but then so is high school.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:59 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,286,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yes. And? Here is the major problem. Just because they are the police, it doesn't give them the power of GOD. The police just can't do anything, anytime they want, because they are the "police." There are laws, protocols, policies and procedures which must be followed.

One of the major problems with this case is pure ignorance on the part of the general public.

Arrest Zimmerman? For what. He was detained, the investigation was put to the district attorney, who told the police, at the time, he would not file a complaint. Now, what? The police are just supposed to arrest Zimmerman anyway? Then what? Zimmerman would be arrainged in 48 hours and released. NOTHING to hold him on.

Furthermore, had he been arrested, rules of discovery would kick in. Meaning, every single thing the police had collected, would have had to be turned over to the defense. NOTHING has to be turned over, while the case is still under investigation.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:00 PM

17,875 posts, read 13,811,680 times
Quote:
The pure IGNORANCE of people, when it comes to criminal investigations is astounding. This isn't CSI or NCIS. I truly suggest the vast majority of people commenting on this case, stop. You have no clue what you are talking about.
Well let's hear it then.

Tell us about criminal investigations and relieve our burden of ignorance.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:01 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,360,595 times
Whoa Nelly...

Trayvon Martin Case: Enhanced Police Video Shows Injuries On George Zimmerman's Head

Old 04-02-2012, 01:07 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,277,822 times
Quote:
Yes. And? Here is the major problem. Just because they are the police, it doesn't give them the power of GOD. The police just can't do anything, anytime they want, because they are the "police." There are laws, protocols, policies and procedures which must be followed.

One of the major problems with this case is pure ignorance on the part of the general public.

Arrest Zimmerman? For what. He was detained, the investigation was put to the district attorney, who told the police, at the time, he would not file a complaint. Now, what? The police are just supposed to arrest Zimmerman anyway? Then what? Zimmerman would be arrainged in 48 hours and released. NOTHING to hold him on.

Furthermore, had he been arrested, rules of discovery would kick in. Meaning, every single thing the police had collected, would have had to be turned over to the defense. NOTHING has to be turned over, while the case is still under investigation.
I think it might be because person died from a gunshot and they need to determine the state of mind of the shooter. Was his judgement clouded by drugs or alcohol?
Many people on drugs and alcohol imagine things are happening that are not. Thus the legal need to determine the state of mind of an individual. Same thing as getting checked at the scene of a fatal car accident.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:08 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,181,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Maybe in the poster's town the librarian administers the drug/alcohol test. Maybe the dog catcher when the librarian is not available.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:10 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,547,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
I'm sorry, you're implying that it's ok to kill a boy because he has removable gold teeth and 'looks' like a thug?

Or did I misread your statement?
No you did not misread this statement.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:12 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,547,258 times
They will not get justice unless they take it by force. The hateful comments just keep coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies