Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 01:33 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Actually, he didn't deserve to die because some stupid turd decides to call 911 with a false report.
Obviously he did deserve to die because that is exactly what happened. This time. Next iteration it might be berserkr who loses the celestial coin toss and is born despised and with poor options. Maybe it will be the unnamed stupid thug who is one of the officers that put lead in his heart. Maybe.

H
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 01:34 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
People should know better than to run from cops.

The guys asked him to buy them a taco and they said no, he didn't steal anything, and one had to die for that? Why would he call the cops and make a false report? Over a taco?
People have been calling hotel guests and convincing them there's a gas leak and some do as they're told and break the sprinkler heads off, an estimated $50K damage in a hotel near me recently, no taco needed.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:34 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times
Sounds like manslaughter to me -on the part of the caller, I mean. A cop, being told that a suspect was armed, is only protecting himself if the suspect reaches for anything but the sky. There's a lesson here: If an officer says 'Freeze!, do it.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:37 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Nice story but the fault lies with the guy that ran.
While I don't think running from the cops is a good idea did I miss where it's been made a capital offense? Young kids often not being too bright may run for something as silly as a joint in their pocket, do they deserve to die? I thought at least one side was supposed to act professionally?

Old 03-29-2012, 01:38 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Nice story but the fault lies with the guy that ran.
Actually, the fault lies with the guy who falsely called 911.

I don't blame the cops.

A kid of 17 and one of 20 ask Oscar Carrillo to buy them a taco and he calls 911 and lies about his car being broken into so they'll get arrested, they run from cops and one is shot to death. Why do you suppose he'd do that? Let's find out if Oscar Carrillo has gang affiliation.

Last edited by LuckyGem; 03-29-2012 at 01:48 PM..

Old 03-29-2012, 01:39 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
For those of you who hold all police officers in such high regards and seem to think they're above the law, incapable of lying or making mistakes, don't you think it was wrong of someone to waste the valuable time of cops who should be protecting, serving and catching real criminals rather than wasting time and energy on a made up crime that cost someone their life? Maybe he ran because he has had a bad experience in the past, cops in the city of angels aren't exactly known for being angels.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:42 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Both those cops, as well as the guy who made the fake call should be in trouble.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:43 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Thug?

Are you psychic?

Just WHAT makes him a thug?
Its new code for black that has been used alot since Trayvon was killed in order to send the message that blacks are thugs and deserve to be killed for anything under the sun. Also not surprised at all that some are behind the guy that made a false report. Running was stupid. The cops claim this is what happened. Why dont wait for all the facts.......oh wait...thats only for thugs(blacks)

Old 03-29-2012, 01:48 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
[quote=ChocLot;23626306]There's no proof that this guy reached for something in his waistband. That's the classic police officer's CYOA's line when they shoot and kill an unarmed person.

And unfortunately, when a black man sees a cop, whether he's guilty of something or not, the response is sometimes to run. Nothing good ever comes from interacting with a police officer for some young black men.[/quote]
Never. I have had cops jump out on me for standing outside when I was younger. No record at all but they did it anyway. Thats the cops side of it. Notice none of the usuals are asking for more info or witnesses.
Warning for language.

Ruckus' Song - The Boondocks - Adult Swim Video

Old 03-29-2012, 01:50 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Actually, the fault lies with the guy who falsely called 911.

I don't blame the cops.
yeah, i'd have to agree. the idiot caller is the cause of all of this.

can't get the OP's link to come up but i found this one: Pasadena police arrest 911 caller after officers kill armed robbery suspect | abc7.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies