Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 05:16 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,868,630 times

Advertisements

Jill Stein's take on healthcare

Health care ruling won
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 05:43 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,765,700 times
I am with the greens on this one, being the Bolshevick Vulcan that I am.

I think access to basic health care should be like access to clean air and water. If we can put a person on the moon and build enough bombs to annihilate all people on earth, we can help our people.

Live long and prosper!

Old 03-29-2012, 06:03 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,389,331 times
Stein's right, of course. But we have along way to go in this country before we get Medicare for all. Obamacare is a Frankenstein's monster, with a lot of problems. But it is (was) a quantum leap forward from the existing "system".

If the Supremes overturn the law, and we get another "Let um die" GOP government, God knows how long it will be before we make any progress again.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:05 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I am with the greens on this one, being the Bolshevick Vulcan that I am.

I think access to basic health care should be like access to clean air and water. If we can put a person on the moon and build enough bombs to annihilate all people on earth, we can help our people.

Live long and prosper!
You really need to move to Europe.

America is about freedom and individualism. It's not a commune where everyone is responsible to pay for everyone else's needs.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:34 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,176,938 times
The system is broken. They spend more time processing the paper work than taking care of the patients.

My son got a minor injury two months ago and went into ER for service. We were lucky when we got there, there was 1 other person before us. I was there for 2 hours, and the total time they spent on us was about 5 minutes. The rest of the time was paperwork, waiting for paperwork to get approve, and then even more paperwork. If I do have a life threaten emergency, I probably die waiting.

Unbelievable.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:58 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,171,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
The system is broken. They spend more time processing the paper work than taking care of the patients.

My son got a minor injury two months ago and went into ER for service. We were lucky when we got there, there was 1 other person before us. I was there for 2 hours, and the total time they spent on us was about 5 minutes. The rest of the time was paperwork, waiting for paperwork to get approve, and then even more paperwork. If I do have a life threaten emergency, I probably die waiting.

Unbelievable.

It is broken and it does need reform, but it would get even worse with Obamacare. You will wait for months for tests and procedures you can get in days now...and yes, people will literaly die waiting. Preparing for Obamacare has already caused cut backs and scaling back of services in serveral settings and to certain demographics.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:52 PM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
It is broken and it does need reform, but it would get even worse with Obamacare. You will wait for months for tests and procedures you can get in days now...and yes, people will literaly die waiting. Preparing for Obamacare has already caused cut backs and scaling back of services in serveral settings and to certain demographics.
Oh, please! That is even beyond the talking points. Anyway it is your (conservative) idea of how it should be done, dreamed up by the Heritage Foundation, pushed by Republicans, and implemented by Mr. Severely Conservative. As Gurbie says, it was a bad idea from the get go. We need a single payer NHS like the rest of the civilized and half of the uncivilized world has. Get rid of profiteering private insurers. Medicare for all.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:19 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,336,961 times
The mandate will be found unconstitutional and it will kill the bill because those morons did not make it separable. The only problems with healthcare in this country has been caused by the government trying to control it.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:22 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,868,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
You really need to move to Europe.

America is about freedom and individualism. It's not a commune where everyone is responsible to pay for everyone else's needs.
Sounds like my sister-in-law, she has health insurance and her two main reasons for not wanting national one payer health insurance is because she is fearful the quality of her medical care might go down which is unfounded but that is what those that have an invested interest in healthcare for profit are spreading.

She also uses that I am not responsible to pay for everyone else's needs.
Well she is a freakin TEACHER! where does she think the school gets the money to pay for her healthcare! from us through our school taxes along with paying for her vacation time and all those extra days teachers get off for.
How would she like it if when her union contract expires we drop medical coverage for the new contract.

So it is a combination of fear, selfishness and not caring about your fellow human being.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:38 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,874 times
Health care ruling won't deliver reform.

True, but if struck down it will slow the moral and financial bankrupting of America by the current administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies