Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 01:58 PM

20 posts, read 35,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyone57 View Post
Your right they would. I am not one of them. If anyone called me the N word. I would just laugh it of. I don't care. I have been called a N***** plenty of times by people that don't know me and do know. I brush it off and keep it moving. I got plenty life to live to let that one word upset me.
Thank you. It is black people like you that keep me moving
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 01:58 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
That was never the issue.

You just confirmed that you don't have a clue what i'm railing against.
You want people to come push for a law? It's already being done.
You want people to come show outrage? There is nothing to be outraged over.
This case has nothing to do with the other cases, no one is trying to blame the victim, so no outrage or fighting is needed.

What precisely is your issue here?
If you want a fight, why don't you say the victim had it coming, or he should have run away? Then you will get people here fighting you. As it stands I think you are delusional, and reading WAY too much into this.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:59 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyone57 View Post
Your right they would. I am not one of them. If anyone called me the N word. I would just laugh it of. I don't care. I have been called a N***** plenty of times by people that don't know me and do know. I brush it off and keep it moving. I got plenty life to live to let that one word upset me.

Me either, I refuse to give a word that much power. If someone keeps me from getting a job or something that matters that's where I have a problem. Words are just words...

Old 03-30-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Me either, I refuse to give a word that much power. If someone keeps me from getting a job or something that matters that's where I have a problem. Words are just words...

Old 03-30-2012, 02:03 PM

419 posts, read 365,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I agree. To my knowledge my color has never been a problem in my life. Like you said words are just words.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:04 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You want people to come push for a law? It's already being done.
You want people to come show outrage? There is nothing to be outraged over.
This case has nothing to do with the other cases, no one is trying to blame the victim, so no outrage or fighting is needed.

What precisely is your issue here?
If you want a fight, why don't you say the victim had it coming, or he should have run away? Then you will get people here fighting you. As it stands I think you are delusional, and reading WAY too much into this.
I'm not reading anything into the actual fight....the proposed law....the investigation...the charges........nothing related to the actual event! You don't get that do you? No, you really don't.

This is all about liberal hypocrisy on this forum. I've laid this out numerous times and yet we still get these types of responses. You and others have made clear that reading comprehension is not your strong suit. I think it's pretty embarrassing.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
I'm not reading anything into the actual fight....the proposed law....the investigation...the charges........nothing related to the actual event! You don't get that do you? No, you really don't.

This is all about liberal hypocrisy on this forum. I've laid this out numerous times and yet we still get these types of responses. You and others have made clear that reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
Then go ask each individual who you think is being a hypocrite their thoughts on this issue, don't blame all of us because some people don't respond to a thread that you want them to read.
No can force anyone else to comment on something, but bashing those that do is not going to help you.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:09 PM

2,213 posts, read 2,844,644 times
AeroGuyDC sees one thread with people complaining about a lack of justice in response to a crime. So then he posts an example of justice being served and accuses people of hypocrisy for not showing the same concern. That's not hypocrisy, that's the way things should work.

Of course people aren't going to make such a big deal about justice as they do about injustice.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:15 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
AeroGuyDC sees one thread with people complaining about a lack of justice in response to a crime. So then he posts an example of justice being served and accuses people of hypocrisy for not showing the same concern. That's not hypocrisy, that's the way things should work.

Of course people aren't going to make such a big deal about justice as they do about injustice.
Clearly you haven't followed along on this forum. How about checking a few other threads, and then come back and see what i'm asserting. I'll point you to the "Granny beats a homosexual" thread for your reading pleasure. If we're lucky, you might even comprehend!

The simple-minded are out in force today!

Old 03-30-2012, 02:15 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Keywords: "In this SC thread..."

Why are they key words?

All 4 of you who decided to come in and opine should be commended.

Now, I want to know where the ususal suspects are who are such huge proponents of hate crimes? Why does this white man....who so far does not get the "benefit" of a hate crime charge leveled at his attackers..... not get the same level of attention of a homosexual who did have the "benefit" of a hate crime being leveled at his attacker?

Because Florida has hate-crime laws on its books.
South Carolina does not have hate-crime laws on its books. The victim cannot get any 'benefit' from laws that do not exist in that state.
That is why these six are being federally prosecuted.

Shouldn't they be in this thread going nuts? Shouldn't they be in this thread crying over the fact that SC has denied this man the right of "hate crime" protection? Of course they should. But it's a white man being beaten by 6 black thugs. That doesn't matter in their hypocritical world. They wouldn't even THINK of defending this guy or pushing for hate crime laws that they perceive would benefit him.

If any people on this forum are from South Carolina and feel strongly that SC should have hate-crime laws, then let them go for it! There is nothing I can do about it; I live in New Jersey.

That's how it works in the liberal mind. And that's precisely what i'm pointing out. If you can't see that, I don't know what more I can do to help you.
You do realize that people from all over the country and even the world contribute to this forum, right? If someone does not live in SC there is not much they can do. Or would you like the 'bloated' federal government to shove hate-crime legislation down the throats of all 50 states? Is that what you would like? Then you can start a thread about the 'nanny' government poking their noses into states' business!

Really, one must actually swallow the meds..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies