Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 04:59 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,956,160 times

Advertisements

So, let's see:
A theater/dance professor refuses to see certain required productions because they featured homosexuals? And they're supposed to give her a pass because she's an idiot?

What next, a biology professor who doesn't like the theory of evolution (you know, the entire underpinning of biology) gets to skip all seminars dealing with evolution?

History teachers who think the holocaust is a big conspiracy get to refuse to teach that part of World War II?

She's an idiot.

And she'll find that life gets a lot easier if she loses the idiocy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 05:02 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
So, let's see:
A theater/dance professor refuses to see certain required productions because they featured homosexuals? And they're supposed to give her a pass because she's an idiot?

What next, a biology professor who doesn't like the theory of evolution (you know, the entire underpinning of biology) gets to skip all seminars dealing with evolution?

History teachers who think the holocaust is a big conspiracy get to refuse to teach that part of World War II?

She's an idiot.

And she'll find that life gets a lot easier if she loses the idiocy!
Can you imagine if this was a fundamentalist Muslim professor who refused to watch productions unless the women wore non-form fitting outfits when they performed? The people on this thread claiming that this woman is being persecuted for her beliefs would be going ape-sheit. "Our freedom!! Love it or leave it!!!!"

Old 04-03-2012, 07:07 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,640,177 times
Quote:
So, let's see:
They are supposed to give her a pass because it doesn't just deal with homosexuality, it pushes acceptance of their sexual practices; i.e., a political agenda and it apparently does it in an obscene, sexually vulgar manner. What's with homosexuals that they always have to interject their sexual activities into everything? Maybe because their choice of sexual activities is what distinguishes them; but then why does that give them free reign to force their beliefs on the rest of us and make us witness it? I know the Constitution and Bill of Rights protects Religious Freedom but it doesn't mention the right to make everyone aware of our sexual preferences?

Old 04-03-2012, 07:12 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,956,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
They are supposed to give her a pass because it doesn't just deal with homosexuality, it pushes acceptance of their sexual practices; i.e., a political agenda and it apparently does it in an obscene, sexually vulgar manner. What's with homosexuals that they always have to interject their sexual activities into everything? Maybe because their choice of sexual activities is what distinguishes them; but then why does that give them free reign to force their beliefs on the rest of us and make us witness it? I know the Constitution and Bill of Rights protects Religious Freedom but it doesn't mention the right to make everyone aware of our sexual preferences?
Yeah, whatever, cry me a river.

Like the other poster noted, if this was a Muslim professor complaining about -- to use your propagandistic terminology:
"pushing acceptence of women's dressing practices"
"in an obscene, sexually vulgar manner" (which is exactly how they'd see it)
You wouldn't be uttering a peep about religious freedom, you hypocrite.

What is it about clowns like you that demand that people mired in the 19th century be given a free pass anytime they see something they don't like?

You and this idiot professor need to grow up.

Religious freedom not to watch a theatrical performance while a professor of theater? Hilarious!

Are you crying that river yet?

Old 04-03-2012, 07:16 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,640,177 times
Quote:

Like the other poster noted, if this was a Muslim professor complaining about -- to use your propagandistic terminology:

What is it about clowns like you that demand that people mired in the 19th century be given a free pass anytime they see something they don't like?

Religious freedom not to watch a theatrical performance while a professor of theater? Hilarious!

I see you have nothing of substance to say...

Old 04-03-2012, 07:17 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,206,697 times
Quote:

Now now, lets grow up and stop calling people names, this isn't a High School chat board...

Old 04-04-2012, 07:31 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,262,684 times
She's a professor of theater and dance, and she's a homophobe? Someone obviously needs a new job. The university is doing her a favor.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:36 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Post something of substance and maybe the results will be better. Why not read up on the article you post.

He said there is a “level of inconsistency” to her complaints. He said at one point she refused to go to an AIDS benefit ‘because it was tied to homosexuality.”

“She attended one but did not attend the other,” he said.

But, I doubt it will hinder the "gay agenda" crowd.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:33 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
Lol... So homosexuals are "forcing" you to believe and witness certain things? Next you'll be telling us that a homosexual "forced" you to have sex with him. Please tell us when that happens. I'm sure it will be hilarious to read about.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:28 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
They are supposed to give her a pass because it doesn't just deal with homosexuality, it pushes acceptance of their sexual practices; i.e., a political agenda and it apparently does it in an obscene, sexually vulgar manner.
Have you seen this show yet? If not, please refrain from making assumptions as to its level of "vulgarity" - as I'm quite sure some homophobic teacher's account is going to be rather skewed.

Quote:
What's with homosexuals that they always have to interject their sexual activities into everything?
I dunno, why don't you ask the heterosexuals why they have to interject their sexual activities into everything too? I'm guessing you don't attend many theater productions, because sexuality is a common theme even among the "straight shows."

Quote:
Maybe because their choice of sexual activities is what distinguishes them;
Where did you get this idea? If somebody says they're married, you probably think nothing of it and would never say their being married & straight "defines them." But when a gay person even mentions the word, or that they have a partner, etc, I bet you consider that to be flaunting and explicit - right??

Quote:
but then why does that give them free reign to force their beliefs on the rest of us and make us witness it? I know the Constitution and Bill of Rights protects Religious Freedom but it doesn't mention the right to make everyone aware of our sexual preferences?
I think that's pretty much covered in the Declaration of Independence, where it says "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

And since when are YOU being forced to watch anything? This teacher made a personal judgment call, and still had the legal right to refrain from attending the production... she knew what her job entailed, though, so any penalties that occurred as a result should have been expected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies