Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 10:28 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Why do people compare same-sex "marriage" to interracial marriage?
Which imaginary bogeymen are saying this?

Old 04-04-2012, 10:38 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
I laugh out loud when homosexuals try to defend and excuse their deviant behavior by comparing themselves to animals. Since the homosexual identifies so enthusiastically and so strongly with animals and emulates animal behavior it isn’t so far fetched when folks get the impression homosexuals wish to include marrying animals in their redefinition of marriage.

I've never seen or heard a homosexual defend or "excuse" homosexuality by comparing himself to animals. Where have you seen this?

Homosexuality in animals is only brought up when the anti-gays throw out the "homosexuality isn't natural, it's a choice" ridiculousness. It's simply evidence presented to counter the patently false assertion that homosexuality is unnatural. It's not used to as part of the argument to defend homosexuality as being good, or moral, or right, etc. Those two concepts (natural vs. moral) aren't one and the same.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:44 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,091 times
why do non gay people think about gay marriage at all? if you were not born with the gay orientation, gay marriage has nothing to do with you.

the gay marriage issue really only affects gay people, because we have no choice in being gay, we can either be gay and happy or gay and miserable, these decisions affect ONLY US in THAT AREA.

that's why i think it's weird that people who hate us think they should have a say in it. unless they know what it's like to be gay, since they're not making this decision for THEMSELVES but OTHER PEOPLE who they DON"T LIKE>

Old 04-04-2012, 12:39 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
So? I simply was addressing your false claim about how allowing interracial marriage did not "redefine" marriage. It did. It changed the same-race/same-race foundation.
No, it didn't. You know it, too, you just don't want to admit it. The foundation of marriage has been man/woman. Restrictions based on race did not change this core definition.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
No, it didn't. You know it, too, you just don't want to admit it. The foundation of marriage has been man/woman. Restrictions based on race did not change this core definition.
Of course it did. Any time a law is changed, then that law has been redefined to reflect the change. How is this even debatable?

Old 04-04-2012, 12:45 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
I'm in favor of same-sex marriage but I don't see it as a denial of a civil right, as defined in Loving v Virginia, since the right to marry is not denied to gays.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:48 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
There is no comparison as far as I am concerned. Interracial marriage between a man and a woman is normal. Same sex marriage is not.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Of course it did. Any time a law is changed, then that law has been redefined to reflect the change. How is this even debatable?
You are being intellectually dishonest. Let's move on.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
You are being intellectually dishonest. Let's move on.
Huh? How?

The problem here, once again, is that you're conflating religious/traditional marriage with civil marriage. The two are separate, unrelated things. I'm discussing civil marriage - a legal entity - because that's what this debate is about.

If you want to have a discussion about religious marriages and whatever foundations they have, then take it to the religion forum.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Huh? How?

The problem here, once again, is that you're conflating religious/traditional marriage with civil marriage. The two are separate, unrelated things. I'm discussing civil marriage - a legal entity - because that's what this debate is about.

If you want to have a discussion about religious marriages and whatever foundations they have, then take it to the religion forum.
I didn't introduce religion into this discussion, you did. Unless you can prove otherwise, you are being overly defensive.

Facts are facts; sometimes, they're ugly. Doesn't change what they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies