Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 09:06 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,089,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
Zimmerman pursued Martin, that is an established FACT.

Unfortunately for bigots a lot of "whiny, emotional" people do indeed care about the FACTS and want Zimmerman charged so he will stand trial.

Your rants about due process and civil rights is flawed. In case you haven't noticed this is an OPINION BOARD, not a courtroom.

You can't capitlize FACTS if you don't follow FACTS yourself.

Here is a FACT. We don't know for sure that Martin was innocent. All we have is evidence, in the form of what Zimmerman says, witnesses, and the 911 tape. According to this, Martin came back after Zimmerman, Martin was beating Zimmerman. If that's the case, then Martin is not innocent, fact.

We have nothing so far to say that Martin was just standing there and Zimmerman walked up to him and shot him for no reason, which could be a possibility, but certainly lacks any solid evidence.

I think the real issue is that there are no solid facts about this case.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:13 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Zimmerman's gun was in a holster, not in his waistband.
I read that when the cops shoed up he had the pistol in the holster in the front waist band of his pants I have asked before. How did he pull his pistol from the holster when it was in his waistband and the kid sitting on him?

Old 04-11-2012, 09:13 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorfml View Post
wow what a bunch of AM radio dittohead psychobabble talk...
Could you elaborate on your comment? This is far from a normal shooting case. Although, most likely, Zimmerman will be charged with the death of Martin, the media has exploited this case to where it will be difficult for Z to get a fair trial.

I realize that there are a majority of people would like to skip the Constitution and put a bullet in Z's head and get it over with. They have already found him guilty without a reasonable doubt.

If I was Martins father, I would probably be first in line for wanting to do that. But we are supposed to be a nation of laws and not a third world country.

Some can argue if it wasn't for the pressure of the media, this case would have never seen the light of day and a young man's life would have been snuffed out without anyone caring...which actually happens dozens a time a day every day in our country.

The whole world is watching how we handle this case. If they are able to find a un-tainted jury of his peers in Sanford, FL they will be under immense pressure to find him guilty, regardless of the evidence. If a jury somehow finds him not guilty can you imagine what will happen then? It will make the Rodney King riots look tame compared to what will happen in Sanford.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:18 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I read that when the cops shoed up he had the pistol in the holster in the front waist band of his pants I have asked before. How did he pull his pistol from the holster when it was in his waistband and the kid sitting on him?
Depending on the type of holster it is possible to remove the gun in the situation you mentioned. There are holsters that allow you to fire your weapon successfully while still in the holster also.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:30 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Quote:
Zimmerman is going to prison, mark my words, and it can't happen soon enough for me.
I sure hope so.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:30 AM

507 posts, read 1,537,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
You can't capitlize FACTS if you don't follow FACTS yourself.

Here is a FACT. We don't know for sure that Martin was innocent. All we have is evidence, in the form of what Zimmerman says, witnesses, and the 911 tape. According to this, Martin came back after Zimmerman, Martin was beating Zimmerman. If that's the case, then Martin is not innocent, fact.

We have nothing so far to say that Martin was just standing there and Zimmerman walked up to him and shot him for no reason, which could be a possibility, but certainly lacks any solid evidence.

I said- Zimmerman pursued Martin, that is an established FACT.

Do you have ears? If so listen to the 911 call. You can HEAR Zimmerman panting and running! So did the 911 operator which is why she asked him if he was following Martin, and he said YES.

So what I said is an established FACT. Sorry if you don't like it but it is right there for you to hear for yourself.

Now, Zimmerman's account after the fact-- which is all we have since Martin is DEAD.... is HIGHLY subjective, isn't it?

I trust the special prosecutor's investigation has proved Zimmerman a liar and the killing of Martin to be homicide and not self defense, which is why I expect charges to be filed very soon.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:31 AM

381 posts, read 507,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
it's easy. they are made to be accessible when needed. when i carry conceal. i can get to it very quickly. the holster is tucked inside the waistband but the pistol handle can easily be drawn without having to unstrap anything. unfortunately, those types of holsters (no straps) can allow the firearm to easily fall out during a struggle.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:34 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Judge, jury and executioner, lately?
That's why zimmerman is in hot water now because he was the judge, jury and executioner for Trayvon Martin.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:36 AM

381 posts, read 507,051 times
Quote:
I said- Zimmerman pursued Martin, that is an established FACT.

Do you have ears? If so listen to the 911 call. You can HEAR Zimmerman panting and running! So did the 911 operator which is why she asked him if he was following Martin, and he said YES.

So what I said is an established FACT. Sorry if you don't like it but it is right there for you to hear for yourself.

Now, Zimmerman's account after the fact-- which is all we have since Martin is DEAD.... is HIGHLY subjective, isn't it?

I trust the special prosecutor's investigation has proved Zimmerman a liar and the killing of Martin to be homicide and not self defense, which is why I expect charges to be filed very soon.
state the law that one cannot follow someone in public. also listen to the 911 recording again when the dispatcher tells zimmerman not to do that. tell me if you heard zimmerman say "okay". remember, he went out of the car after martin made a run for it. listening to his heavy breathing in that few seconds of running tells alot about what shape he is in. very out of shape. these are facts.

also zimmerman's injuries are also facts. why would a cop risk perjury himself for someone he doesn't know.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:36 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Witnesses said who was where during the assault and shooting.
Evidence of a beating on Zimmerman after the event.

We all know you can't retreat when you are on your back getting your head handed to you. So unless the witnesses all change what they saw the pro-Martin crowd will never be pleased with the result of this trial.

If Zimmerman is found guilty of anything due to political pressure or a tainted jury, a Judge on appeal based on facts would be forced to overturn it anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies