Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2012, 06:54 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,954,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
The bolded is not true.

Check your facts.
Okay, he was arrested at least twice for violent acts...my bad. There are NO FACTS in the post that calls Treyvon a scumbag thug who attacked Zimmerman, but I don't see you disputing that.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:03 PM

17,553 posts, read 14,744,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Okay, he was arrested at least twice for violent acts...my bad. There are NO FACTS in the post that calls Treyvon a scumbag thug who attacked Zimmerman, but I don't see you disputing that.
Nope. Wrong again.

His name was Trayvon, by the way.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:06 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,215,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post
I think justice so far as been served in this case. A 17 year thug attacked a man and he killed him one less scumbag to rob people. If they find facts to show it was not self defense then things will change untill then he did the right thing.
The only thug in this scenario is Zimmerman. But you obviously have an agenda, so have at it.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Nope. Wrong again.

His name was Trayvon, by the way.
Actually I am NOT wrong unless you consider domestic violence and assualt on a police officer non-violent acts.

U.S. News - Zimmerman accused of domestic violence, fighting with a police officer

If you have an issue with MSNBC, there are several other sites with the same information. As I said he was arrested at least twice for violent acts. For assault on a police officer and domestic violence. Tell me what part is incorrect.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Actually I am NOT wrong unless you consider domestic violence and assualt on a police officer non-violent acts.

U.S. News - Zimmerman accused of domestic violence, fighting with a police officer

If you have an issue with MSNBC, there are several other sites with the same information. As I said he was arrested at least twice for violent acts. For assault on a police officer and domestic violence. Tell me what part is incorrect.
He was never arrested for domestic violence. Zimmerman and his fiance both filed restraining orders against each other.

So yes, you ARE wrong.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
He was never arrested for domestic violence. Zimmerman and his fiance both filed restraining orders against each other.

So yes, you ARE wrong.
No, you ARE wrong.

Quote:
Trayvon Martin lead investigator wanted George Zimmerman arrested the night of the fatal shooting - Crimesider - CBS News

Now let me ask you why you are so bent on proving that Zimmerman is un upstanding citizen and that we should believe his story while you disregard tacky low-life posts calling TRAYVON a thug and telling lies as if they are fact? You are okay with smearing a dead teenager but cheerlead for George Zimmerman. You can pretend that you are objective all day if it floats your boat, but you are very transparant.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
No, you ARE wrong.

Trayvon Martin lead investigator wanted George Zimmerman arrested the night of the fatal shooting - Crimesider - CBS News

Now let me ask you why you are so bent on proving that Zimmerman is un upstanding citizen and that we should believe his story while you disregard tacky low-life posts calling TRAYVON a thug and telling lies as if they are fact? You are okay with smearing a dead teenager but cheerlead for George Zimmerman. You can pretend that you are objective all day if it floats your boat, but you are very transparant.
That report is wrong.

He was only arrested once.

George Zimmerman's criminal records revealed

How exactly am I trying to prove that he's an "upstanding citizen"? Your supposed facts are wrong - I'm simply correcting them. (You're welcome, btw.)

And I'm more objective than you ... by far.

ETA: And here's an article where they actually correct their previous published false info: http://rollingout.com/culture/george...losed-arrests/

Old 04-04-2012, 07:42 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,568,329 times
Default Piers Morgan would make an EXCELLENT Prosecutor

I just saw him grilling George Zimmerman's two lawyers. I've never seen such persistence for the truth from a journalist anywhere in America. He would not allow Zimmerman's lawyers to whitewash the murder of Trayvon Martin and make it seem like Zimmerman was the victim. Piers kept pushing for facts and you could see the agitation building on the face of the lawyers.

The lawyers, recognizing they won't have their way, relented and accused Piers of attempting to try the case in the media. Piers stood his ground (no pun intended) and said he is only interested in getting to the truth. It made for electrifying television.

Thanks Piers. America needed this tonight.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:42 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,784,857 times
Quote:
[MOD CUT/OFF TOPIC] You were not there and have no proof that Trayvon was a thug. Only a cruel cold-hearted individual could make statements like this about a teenage boy who was walking and minding his own business and DID NOTHING WRONG. That is someone's child and a child of God. He was where he was supposed to be, unlike George Zimmerman who should have stayed his ass in his car and driven to Target. I guess if it were your child, brother or friend, who was killed on his way back from 7-11 by some wierdo who decided to follow him, you would take the wierdo's explanation with no questions asked, without seeking justice for the one that you loved.

[MOD CUT]
So you have more facts then the authorities if you know Trayvon did nothing wrong. Like I said the only people that have all the facts have chose not to press charges at this time. So the people with all the facts at this time believe Zimmerman or he would be in jail so that means that he was attacked by a thug. Until more info comes in that's the facts we have.

Last edited by tworent; 04-04-2012 at 08:09 PM..

Old 04-04-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
That report is wrong.

He was only arrested once.

George Zimmerman's criminal records revealed

How exactly am I trying to prove that he's an "upstanding citizen"? Your supposed facts are wrong - I'm simply correcting them. (You're welcome, btw.)

And I'm more objective than you ... by far.

I'll go with CBS on this, but if you think they're wrong, call them and see if you can get them to retract their statement.

Again, why are you so focused on "correcting facts" in favor of Zimmerman but not Trayvon? You are far from objective. Personally, I never claimed to be...I not pretending to be objective while cheerleading for one side only. As a mother, and a human, as someone who does not take the death of an unarmed teenage boy walking back from a convenience store lightly, as someone who is empathetic and feels for his parents, his family and everyone that loves him and as someone who is saddened by the fact that he will not get to become an adult and that his life ended prematurely when it did not have to, I am for justice for Trayvon and have no problem saying so. Unlike those who want Zimmerman to walk, no questions asked but claim to be objective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies