Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2012, 10:51 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,855,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
As well as experts who say that the voice crying for help wasn't Zimmerman.
Sorry but I trust the guy who saw and heard this first hand over any "expert" who supposedly analyzed a poor quality 911 recording which was recording something taking place outside of a closed door many feet away.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Because Martin's girlfriend was on the phone with him and heard him ask Zimmerman why he was following him...then heard Zimmerman ask Martin what he was doing there before the phone was dropped. So no, George's
word isn't the only testimony, and he has every reason to lie.
George has every reason to lie and Trayvon's girlfriend doesn't?

Old 04-05-2012, 10:57 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I can deal with the insensitivity and racist remarks on other issues, but I have no tolerance for it on this one. Since we have been discussing Trayvon Martin in this forum, I have added three people to my ignore list. I have probably threatened in the past, but they are the first three since I registered here in 2009. Two yesterday and one today. It isn't because they disagree with me, there are several people that I disagree with all the time and never even think about putting them on it, but I really am sick of the lack of compassion displayed by some members and as a mother of two sons, I have no patience for people who would trivialize the death of a teenage boy and spit on his grave. If you respond to this post with exactly what I just said I have no patience for, you won't be getting a response from me because I can no longer see your posts unless another member quotes you, in which case I will still ignore it.
Well said and understandable. The good news is that there are millions who feel the same about this case: Let justice be properly done, but don't let it rely solely on the word of the shooter, who's clearly trying to save himself from the personal responsibility of having taken someone's life for no justifiable reason. Again...love will overcome hate.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:01 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Based on just about every report out there and the fact that George Zimmerman has a concealed handgun permit it's pretty clear that Trayvon didn't know George was carrying a gun until he was on top of George beating him and saw the flash from the barrel. Based on the police report nobody was tailing the dead attacker, he attacked someone walking back to their vehicle and ultimately picked the wrong person to attack.
We don't know what happened, but let's say you are right. Don't you think he should at least face negligent homicide charges? Involuntary manslaughter? He was negligent when he violated the rules of the neighborhood watch which specifically state "do not follow" and "don't carry a gun." He was negligent when he left his car to stalk someone in the dark. Now people are saying that if Trayvon Martin did punch him, he had every right to shoot him. In other words, if a man follows you in his car and then you run away (per Zimmerman in the 911 tape) and then he continues to follow you, if you try to protect your own life, you are the criminal and, if he kills you, he's not guilty of anything.

Did that come out right? It's so absurd that I can't even write it sensibly.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Sorry but I trust the guy who saw and heard this first hand over any "expert" who supposedly analyzed a poor quality 911 recording which was recording something taking place outside of a closed door many feet away.
Nobody "saw and heard this first hand;" that's a huge part of the problem
with Zimmerman's story. Me, I'll take the word of a guy who's an expert.
And why would you suspect this traumatized young girl would lie? To quote Simon & Garfunkel, "Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.."

Old 04-05-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
We don't know what happened, but let's say you are right. Don't you think he should at least face negligent homicide charges? Involuntary manslaughter? He was negligent when he violated the rules of the neighborhood watch which specifically state "do not follow" and "don't carry a gun." He was negligent when he left his car to stalk someone in the dark. Now people are saying that if Trayvon Martin did punch him, he had every right to shoot him. In other words, if a man follows you in his car and then you run away (per Zimmerman in the 911 tape) and then he continues to follow you, if you try to protect your own life, you are the criminal and, if he kills you, he's not guilty of anything.

You exposed the faulty logic beautifully!

Old 04-05-2012, 11:06 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Quote:
George has every reason to lie and Trayvon's girlfriend doesn't?
Except that the phone records prove they were talking just before he got shot. Why would you be planning to attack someone while talking to your girlfriend on a cell phone? Do you think this is this some kind of conspiracy between the cell phone company and Rev Sharpton?

Old 04-05-2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:

The rules of the neighborhood watch don't supersede the rules of the United States Constitution or the 2nd amendment. George Zimmerman had the right to defend himself against an attacker who was threatening his life. If he felt that his life was in danger while Trayvon was on top of him beating his head against the sidewalk then he had every right to use whatever force he felt was needed to eliminate that threat to his life. There's no good explanation for why Trayvon was on top of George Zimmerman beating him other than a brutal attack. Saving your life from an attacker can't be negligent.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:08 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Based on just about every report out there and the fact that George Zimmerman has a concealed handgun permit it's pretty clear that Trayvon didn't know George was carrying a gun until he was on top of George beating him and saw the flash from the barrel. Based on the police report nobody was tailing the dead attacker, he attacked someone walking back to their vehicle and ultimately picked the wrong person to attack.
...and therein lies the rub...who did the police take this report from? We all know the answer to this.

Based on Zimmerman's own admission of the 911 tape...he was following Trayvon Martin....but everybody already knows this.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Except that the phone records prove they were talking just before he got shot. Why would you be planning to attack someone while talking to your girlfriend on a cell phone? Do you think this is this some kind of conspiracy between the cell phone company and Rev Sharpton?
The phone records prove that Trayvon's phone was connected to his girlfriend's phone at some point before any altercation took place, anything other than that is hearsay and not proven fact. Trayvon's girlfriend's statements are as suspect to me as George Zimmerman's statements are to you.

I don't think there's any conspiracy going on, that's just stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies