Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2012, 05:46 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,394,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
why don't you get that information for us?
Not my place.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:46 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Even a local Fox station reports

Florida medical chief casts doubt on Zimmerman's 'broken nose' claim (http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/florida-medical-chief-casts-doubt-on-zimmerman's-'broken-nose'-claim-040312 - broken link)

Vidor Friedman, the president of the Florida College of Emergency Physicians, said footage of Zimmerman's face didn't appear to show a broken nose, ABC News reported.

"All of the ridges in his nose are clearly defined," he said. "You would expect significant swelling in the hour or two after a break. There appears to be none. It doesn't look like his nose was broken or badly broken."

But then we here from the "experts" on City-Data that "you can have a broken nose for weeks and not even know it!"
I'm one of the 'experts' who has stated it's possible to have a broken nose and not know. Personal experience aside, ---

webMD--- You can break your nose during play, sports, accidents, fights, and falls. But it may be hard to tell if your nose is broken.

Mayo Clinic--- Signs and symptoms of a broken nose may appear immediately or may take up to three days to develop.

though I could give many sources, you'll reject any info consistent with the gz story.

As for the Dr., he used the word 'appears,' as he should, to cover his rear in case there's a medical report confirming a broken nose.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'm one of the 'experts' who has stated it's possible to have a broken nose and not know. Personal experience aside, ---

webMD--- You can break your nose during play, sports, accidents, fights, and falls. But it may be hard to tell if your nose is broken.

Mayo Clinic--- Signs and symptoms of a broken nose may appear immediately or may take up to three days to develop.

though I could give many sources, you'll reject any info consistent with the gz story.

As for the Dr., he used the word 'appears,' as he should, to cover his rear in case there's a medical report confirming a broken nose.
The issue is that if the diagnosis of a broken nose was made it would prompt a trauma evaluation. Plain films of the face and likely facial bone CT or even possibly a panorex. That would just be being thorough.

However, this is where someone arrested usually goes to the Hospital first.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
you have to be coherent and competent to refuse medical attention. the point was, even if you have physical injuries, you can still refuse further medical attention. i had physical injuries and refused further medical attention. since it was a motorcycle incident, the paramedics went through a brief head injury questionnaire to see if i was competent. if you were dizzy, then you didn't pass the competency test.

you might be correct about zimmerman having a harder skull. he may have inherited that trait from his peruvian ancestry.
Actually paramedics don't have that much leeway in the decision. It's a medical decision. If you have 'mechanism' for injury say MVA, lay your bike down, you are going to the hospital as a trauma. This is America and no place would leave themselves open to that. So even if you're coherent, if the mechanism of your injury leads itself to occult/blunt injury- you're getting scanned.

So if you really told paramedics you passed out or had a possible loss of consciousness- you are getting a trip to the hospital, a neuro exam, likely a head CT- old ladies get a bigger work-up than this with a fall from standing.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:36 PM

381 posts, read 507,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
Actually paramedics don't have that much leeway in the decision. It's a medical decision. If you have 'mechanism' for injury say MVA, lay your bike down, you are going to the hospital as a trauma. This is America and no place would leave themselves open to that. So even if you're coherent, if the mechanism of your injury leads itself to occult/blunt injury- you're getting scanned.

So if you really told paramedics you passed out or had a possible loss of consciousness- you are getting a trip to the hospital, a neuro exam, likely a head CT- old ladies get a bigger work-up than this with a fall from standing.
isn't that what i just said in a shortened form?

Old 04-08-2012, 07:42 PM

381 posts, read 507,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
logically, i would think if zimmerman was following and planning on killing trayvon (as some have suggested) he had the weapon and the opportunity, why not just do it?

why get into a physical fight then? there is definitely an altercation and definitely screaming in the tape, verified by the callers.
this is the logic of gun-haters, they believe guns turn people into villains. they are scared of people who carry concealed weapons. it's this fear of guns that makes it logical for them to believe zimmerman was the bad guy. it supports their prejudices.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:49 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Ok I've listen to that a few times... never heard the dispatcher tell anyone to stay where they were, I also haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that Zimmerman confronted Martin.

I believe the girlfriend's story as much as any other 3rd party hearsay that we've gotten from people who didn't actually see anything and have a vested interest in lying.
Sorry if this has already been covered; the dispatcher asked Zimmerman if he were following Trayvon and he (Zimmerman) stated "yes". The dispatcher told him not to do so.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:03 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,344,702 times
Quote:
as i mentioned earlier, when i was in a motorcycle accident, i refused to go to the hospital. they are not required by law to take you to the hospital unless you are unconscious or unable to make a competent decision.
So the physical damage being done to Zimmerman is so horrible as to warrant deadly force, but somehow not bad enough for a visit to a hospital? That makes A LOT of sense.

Quote:
this is the logic of gun-haters, they believe guns turn people into villains. they are scared of people who carry concealed weapons. it's this fear of guns that makes it logical for them to believe zimmerman was the bad guy. it supports their prejudices.
I'm pro-concealed carry. Zimmerman is still a fool.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:06 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
Quote:
People who suffer from fear or cowardice should not have a gun...instead of it being a last resort- it becomes their first resort.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:07 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,855,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Sorry if this has already been covered; the dispatcher asked Zimmerman if he were following Trayvon and he (Zimmerman) stated "yes". The dispatcher told him not to do so.
If it has been covered you clearly aren't listening.

The Dispatcher never told Zimmerman not to follow Trayvon, his exact words were "we don't need you to do that". Zimmerman then replied "ok" to the dispatcher.

If you guys actually listened to the 911 tape and paid attention to what is actually said you might learn something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies