Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 08:33 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,040 times

Advertisements

One more thing to note about Asians in black neighborhoods:

Do some Internet searching about beauty supply stores. Although black women are the main consumers, we own a paltry small amount of the stores. And it's not for lack of interest. The Koreans have the market cornered and don't take too kindly to blacks trying to open a business. The distributors are all Koreans and are not willing to sell to black businesses.

Personally, I think it's an outrage that blacks aren't allowed to get a foothold in an industry where we are the main consumers, but until we are able to start a distribution company, this probably won't change anytime soon (if ever).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 08:37 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,661,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
how does this idjit keep getting elected?
He's the embodiment of the "come to do good, stay to do well" principle.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:39 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
This isn't about semantics; it's about being honest in what you post. You were WRONG about your waterfront claims.

If you indeed own property in some of the areas that I listed (as you claim), you WOULD NOT be on C-D. Those areas are where the big leagues in this city live in their multi-million dollar homes. And, not that I believe you, but buying property does not mean you know an area. I guess if I buy a shack in Jamaica, I'm now an expert of the island?

But this is the Internet, so everyone is successful and wealthy.

Continue on......
As I sit here in my office overlooking L'Enfant Plaza reading our quarterly financial statements, it really doesn't matter to me what you believe. Although I will admit that I find it quite interesting that you believe that CD is a bastion for losers and otherwise unsuccessful types. Even more interesting considering you're a regular contributor.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:27 PM

59,111 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Are you contesting that SE DC is not a poverty stricken cesspool???
Not at all. I am saying there are many parts of the city just as bad.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:28 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,666,535 times
Obama said if he had a crabby crack smokin uncle, Barry would look like him

Old 04-06-2012, 02:42 PM

639 posts, read 828,666 times
Quote:

Do some Internet searching about beauty supply stores. Although black women are the main consumers, we own a paltry small amount of the stores. And it's not for lack of interest. The Koreans have the market cornered and don't take too kindly to blacks trying to open a business. The distributors are all Koreans and are not willing to sell to black businesses.

Personally, I think it's an outrage that blacks aren't allowed to get a foothold in an industry where we are the main consumers, but until we are able to start a distribution company, this probably won't change anytime soon (if ever).
all the smart black girls bypass the Korean monopoly and go to the Indian grocery store and get their henna, amla, indigo etc Curly Nikki is god!

Old 04-06-2012, 03:02 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,995,350 times
Default The Gobbermint Has Gone Nutzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!! OTAY !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Hehehe....and whites are supposed to be the racists....
Fiddlehead !!!!! ..... On The Money !

Ole Marion Bearee has got it goin on ! ..... Can anyone remember the mean ole video on national news some years ago showing good ole M. Bearee ah messin wiff some of dat white powdery stuff ! ARRRRRRRRRRRRGH !

And yet them ole D.C. Asians has jest gots ta gooooooooo y'all !

How on earth can folks like this still be involved in any form of legitimate government functions ! ............. No wonder America is rapidly approaching a critical crisis point.

How about them arrogant gobbermint "Morons" in the GSA !!!
How unbelievably pathetic this bunch truly appears to be !!!

America has the "Greatest Government Process On The Globe" and yet most of the people who occupy the vastly important positions within this grand process appear to be little more than common thieves and con artists .

No wonder the American Citizens are absolutely fed up with such horrendous abuses as this latest wasting of hard earned tax payer Money !!!!! ................... And the arrogance of putting a video on facebook about such idiocy !!!!!

We the people had better wake up and restore the America we love ..... and I mean soon !!! ........................... Cheers / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 04-06-2012, 03:13 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
It says volumes about who he's speaking to doesn't it?

The lowest of denominators buy what he's shoveling and they eat it up don't they? Re-elected to office after a drug charge and prison time. He is a race panderer.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:05 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:

The sad part is this wasn't the case. I'm sure you're familiar with Madame CJ Walker she and several like her started and built successful beauty care businesses. She and others did this during segregation . I guess back then blacks were more about doing than whining about competitors like today.

No one "allows" you into a business and I think this sentiment pretty much sums up why Blacks aren't very successful in business in general. No one owes you anything you have to be savvy and take risks.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:34 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,871,500 times
Been wondering that for years. There is a movie titled "The Nine Lives of Marion Barry", the saga of a "despised, beloved and resilient" politician...
involving drugs, race issues, sex... and stupidity.

Free on hulu.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
how does this idjit keep getting elected?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies