Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 09:25 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,986,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Ironic ain't it! Defending opium fields.... you know... an illegal substance.. And yet we have this "War on Drugs!"
Gotta have wars to keep the Income Tax funneling to the machine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 09:32 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,713,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Current wars can't be compared to WWII effectively. Hitler and the Emperor of China were clearly the aggressors. 4 yrs.

We were asked to help in the Bosnia massacres. Short sweet honorable. Lasted maybe a yr.

Saddam was clearly the aggressor after he had been dis enfranchised by the State dept. and CIA, by wanting to sell his countries oil in Dinars. Again short sweet, clearly pushed them back home and out of Kuwait. Again we were asked by 2 Sovereign nations. 6 Months.

This war on Terror is a scam, and a stain on the blood that has been spilled for this country to remain an example of freedom.

Yep, with the lowest form of support in regards to taxes, the sin is on the spender of those funds not the extorted. Filthy Lucre to Caesars ghost.
"Hitler and the Emperor of China were clearly the aggressors." Huuhhh??? I trust you mean the Emperor of JAPAN? China's last emperor was deposed in 1912!
Seems your grasp of history is as shaky as your logic.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:38 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Much of the recruiting going on in this country is aimed at high school students.

In this climate of "NO JOBS", College tuition through the roof, and Modern Warfare games in most young folks, that can learn all the weapons and kill daily, without losing a limb or life.

Has the Culture set itself up with an endless supply of young people to die for the corporate banking cartels?

These kids can't even buy a BEER, and they are trained to murder people they know nothing about. Or at a minimum provide support so their peers can murder.

Is the WAR Culture of America destroying families that would be, that could be, and sending home a bunch of PTSD morally bankrupt meat sacks that just wish they could have their youth back?

I think it may be a good idea to start protesting the recruiting stations around the country, and push back against the Military Industrial Machine.

I wish i could provide a job to all those young people that look to the War Machine as their only option.
Paid Killers, taught to murder? Wow you really hate those that defend this Nation, don't ya. I would also remind you that this practice has been going on since the founding of the Nation, interesting that you think this is something new. You also seem to think the only reason someone joins the military is because they have no other options, another falsehood you seem to hold as truth. Your ignorance of who and why people serve and what they do in their service speak volumes and tells me you probably should not be discussing the topic.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet67 View Post
"Hitler and the Emperor of China were clearly the aggressors." Huuhhh??? I trust you mean the Emperor of JAPAN? China's last emperor was deposed in 1912!
Seems your grasp of history is as shaky as your logic.
My bad, i was just reading on China...mis type..."Japan".

Old 04-13-2012, 09:45 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,713,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I don't worry about the recruitment but I do worry about a few things...

1) That recruits aren't eligible able to enlist as officers and receive better benefits as well as bigger paychecks...

2) Independent contractors and vendors that are overpaid by a HUGE amount... who doesn't remember the military paying $1000 for a nut or a bolt or $5000 for a toilet seat...

3) Industrial-Military complexes where relationships with major corporations have led to trillions of dollars of taxpayer money being funneled to them and lobbyists ensure its continue drain on taxpayer money...

4) Soldiers who obey against all better judgment and substituting their ethics and morality to the government demands...

5) The seemingly thoughtless overspending by the military... every year you request more money and then spend it all so that next year you can ask for more money... I will give you an example, the military buys $10 steaks, that leave them with $1000 under budget so they go spend the $1000 because if they don't, then next year they are going to get $1000 less... and then they request MORE money... the $1000 was spent on $20 filet mignons or whatever... its an accounting trick used by a lot of government departments just so they can get more money and do even more wasteful spending...
I will just address point # 1 in this thread, "recruits aren't eligible to enlist as officers." NO ONE enlists as an officer; the only personnel who enter the military as commissioned officers are medical personnel, physicians, dentists,etc.
Everyone else goes through OCS ,or , is a graduate of a military academy.
Do you seriously expect some 18 year old high school grad to be given the rank of second lieut. or ensign just for signing up? If so, you clearly have no idea as to how the military recruits, trains, and assigns it's personnel.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Paid Killers, taught to murder? Wow you really hate those that defend this Nation, don't ya. I would also remind you that this practice has been going on since the founding of the Nation, interesting that you think this is something new. You also seem to think the only reason someone joins the military is because they have no other options, another falsehood you seem to hold as truth. Your ignorance of who and why people serve and what they do in their service speak volumes and tells me you probably should not be discussing the topic.
Hate them> I'm defending them.

Are they paid to kill? Yes it's painful to hear, and come to the realization that the leaders of the world are creating war conditions for profit at the expense of our kids.

We are smarter than war. War is stupid.

It eventually ends really bad for everyone. Can we just slow down the inevitable a bit.

Not saying everyone that joins is because of no options. I'm saying that most of them that are on the front lines, dying are the one's with limited options.

You jump to false accusations by going to the negative potential of what i'm saying. The best way to stop war, is to quit planning for them to happen.
And looking for any reason to make them last 11 yrs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies