Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2012, 10:15 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post

Likewise, we know to a scientific certainty that we are not all descended from a single couple...and we know to a scientific certainty that there was no flood 4,000 years ago.

These points are not up for debate. They are not a matter of opinion. They did not happen.
Show me your proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 10:15 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Jonah & the Whale - Preposterous story or ... is there evidence??

DOCUMENTED EVIDENCE -

There is a documented account of a British sailor in 1891 who was a harpooner on board the whaling ship Star of the East who was swallowed by a whale and found alive in the belly of the whale 3 days later. The sailor, James Bartley, was in the front of one of the boats and he sighted the whale and drove his harpoon into the whale. The whale dove and flipped Bartley’s boat. Bartley was hit by the whale’s tail and landed in the whale’s mouth. The sailors on the ship found the dead whale the next day and proceeded to cut up the whale to get to its blubber. This took 2 days. As they cut open the stomach they spotted James Bartley, barely alive. They nursed him back to health and he lived to a ripe old age.
Sounds like a story from the "Ripley's Believe It Or Not" comic book.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:22 PM

327 posts, read 644,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Show me your proof.
So you want proof of a flood that didn't happen?

hurr durr

Old 05-06-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budke View Post
So you want proof of a flood that didn't happen?

hurr durr
Dental Floss said that he has proof that the flood never occurred - I am curious to see this information myself. If it exists - one would think that Dental Floss would be eager to share it with all who are interested.. So, why don't you pipe down and wait as I am for this proof to be presented for our perusal.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:29 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
All websites are partial and biased - especially pro-evolution websites.
Speaking of bias.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:29 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Quote:
Dental Floss said that he has proof that the flood never occurred - I am curious to see this information myself. If it exists - one would think that Dental Floss would be eager to share it with all who are interested.. So, why don't you pipe down and wait as I am for this proof to be presented for our perusal.
The ones who make claims that something specific occurred have the burden to provide the proof.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The ones who make claims that something specific occurred have the burden to provide the proof.
I have never made any claims that anything specific that concerns the topic of this thread has occurred.

Dental Floss has made unequivocal statements that certain things have not occurred and alluded to evidence to prove the claims.

I want to see the evidence.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:59 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,786,521 times
Studying Evolution leads to Creation

Old 05-07-2012, 06:53 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Show me your proof.
Where do you want to start? How about all the civilizations that persisted uninterrupted through the "occurrence" of the flood? Biblical literalists have calculated the flood to have occurred in 2348 BC.

So was the 5th Dynasty of Egypt interrupted during this time? Nope.

How about the civilization of Ur in Mesopotamia? Nope.

It was supposedly global flood... right? How about civilizations in China? India? were there any disruptions during this period? Nope.

What's most fascinating is that the civilizations in distant corners of he globe look pretty much "after the flood" identical to the ones that "existed before the flood." So somehow the sons of Noah managed to scatter to every part of the planet within months of the end of the flood, and instead of establishing new civilizations that pretty much all looked the same, they magically reinstituted the (now extinct) civilizations of the folks that had been there before hand... to include languages, architectural styles, artistic conventions.

Weird huh?

Old 05-07-2012, 06:55 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
I have never made any claims that anything specific that concerns the topic of this thread has occurred.
True. That would take a certain level of intestinal fortitude that you have never displayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier
I want to see the evidence.
Why do you persist in that silly pretense? You have proven repeatedly that you do not genuinely care a fig about evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies