Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 12:43 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
1) 28 is not middle aged
2) This man is not overweight which shows he lost weight from that 1st picture that was terribly released meaning he probably works out. Wouldn't you think?

Glad to know that at least the process will play out. Where it goes who knows but keep in mind this is FL and all know how well Prosecutors in Florida handle high profile murder cases (Casey Anthony). IMO they went for too much with 2nd degree murder and will lose because of that.

He will plead and get third degree murder which was the plan from the begining. Think about it they already declared that zimmerman said "you f*ck*ng punks" eventhough your lying ears heard something entirely different. This move kept it from going to murder one

Old 04-13-2012, 12:43 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
here is a question i have and maybe someone could answer it.

if trayvon had a cell phone and was talking to his girlfriend on it, why didn't he just call the police and report that zimmerman was following him? wouldn't that be the normal thing to do if someone is following you and you are on a phone?

or did he?
Monday morning quarterbacking. Sure, looking back, that's what he should have done. But he was not in posession of all the facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Not that it will matter to anyone who insists gz's nose wasn't broken because it didn't look like your picture---

Mayo Clinic--- "If you have a minor fracture that hasn't caused your nose to become crooked or otherwise misshapen, you may not need professional medical treatment. Your doctor may recommend simple self-care measures, such as using ice on the area and taking over-the-counter pain medications."
Key word underlined. We have been told by GZ's father that he was beaten to within an inch of his life. One would expect more than a "minor" injury in such a circumstance.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So, in 3 of the 8 cases in question, the suspects were identified by witnesses as black males? How were the suspects in the remaining 5 cases identified or described? Or were they? And were the suspects in the 3 cases where blacks were identified captured and in jail at the time the other burglaries happened?

If no suspects were observed or identified in the remaining 5 cases, it would mean that in 100% of the cases where there was a description, it was a black male. And if that person or persons had not been captured, it's not unreasonable to think they could be behind the remaining ones.

You haven't provided enough data to support or negate that.

Uh, 1 arrest out of three proables and 2 maybees does not equal a crime wave created by blacks only. Even if all five out of 28 were black that is still no reason to target black males

Old 04-13-2012, 12:46 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Google satellite image of Retreat at Twin Lakes, Sanford, FL

appears to be such a place that would invite walking around without being accosted by a gun-packing vigilante...

Retreat at Twin Lakes, Sanford, Fla - Google Maps

Old 04-13-2012, 12:47 PM

381 posts, read 507,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
You are correct if you are just pinned down and not getting your head bashed on concrete and your nose broken as well. Besides if that was the case how come he (zimmerman) did not have blood on him from shooting upward?
how do we know he doesn't have blood after the shooting? blood doesn't show well on black or red clothing. there is a good possibility that SFD cleaned up the blood on his skin.

in a trial, one only needs to provide reasonable doubt. is it reasonable to believe blood was on the clothing and not visible because it's black and red?

Old 04-13-2012, 12:49 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
He will plead and get third degree murder which was the plan from the begining. Think about it they already declared that zimmerman said "you f*ck*ng punks" eventhough your lying ears heard something entirely different. This move kept it from going to murder one
And the judge may throw it out entirely, this case does not qualify for 2nd degree.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
The pendulum has swung the other way for the criminal thugs and they don't like it When being pummeled to death by someone twice your/my size, you better believe I will shoot them and now maybe the thugs will find a new way to make a living, knowing they cannot take advantage of the weak. We have an advantage now, it is called the castle doctrine and he thugs don't like it one bit. I say tough zhit!
Hmmm interesting, so you are saying it is ok to actually stalk someone until confronted and if that person realizes that you are not that menacing decides to defend themself and you feel that it is ok to shot them? This is inspite the fact that you could have easily walked away or even flashed your gun knowing that he is unarmed. My hero

Old 04-13-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
And the judge may throw it out entirely, this case does not qualify for 2nd degree.

Thats true but they are going to charge him with something even if it is manslaughter mainly because of the ramifications.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
in GA, we have a castle doctrine that allows killing unarmed home invaders. there was an event where i thought someone broke into my basement, but i didn't go down with my weapon pointed and finger on the trigger, my weapon was on my side facing down with finger off the trigger while i had a flashlight ready on strobe mode. what i feared most was taking the life of someone who was not dangerous, but at that time, i was ready to kill.

I agree, but for a different reason. If you kill someone in your house it becomes a crime scene which means that you have to live somewhere elese until the case is completely closed. Plus you would have to clean up the guts and blood and think about the nightmares and the violated feeling whenever you go to that part of the house.

Unless my life/family were in danger I would just shoot them in a non-vital spot and wait for the police. More than likely my rotties would get to them before I do

Old 04-13-2012, 01:08 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
trayvon tried to steal georges gun, and the gun went off
You were there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies