Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2012, 07:46 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Yes, a verbal warning.
Have you been through any sort of tactical or self defense training?

I understand if you don't agree with what I'm about to say but giving a verbal warning to someone who's broken into your home might be the last thing you ever do or say for 2 reasons. Chances are it will be dark, that's why burglars work in the middle of the night because darkness makes hiding easy. Assuming that it's dark, you undoubtedly know your home better than any random burglar does. Even with all the lights off you know where to hide, how to get around and the best places to take cover so you have the advantage. The minute you give a verbal warning you give up that advantage because you give up your location. If the burglar isn't alone you've just opened yourself up to an ambush from behind now that his partner knows where you are.

In a situation like this you want to maintain the advantage no matter what it takes. The minute you start yelling at the guy in the kitchen to "leave or you'll shoot" he knows #1 that you've hesitated and might not be 100% comfortable shooting him and #2 that you've just informed his buddy where you are and how to get behind you.

Just sayin'.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:48 PM

32 posts, read 24,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
You do know that you can buy bandages any where, right? It says that he went for medical treatment so we will have to see as a doctor or hospital will have a record.

"Zimmerman later sought medical treatment for injuries including a broken nose, his former lawyers have said."
It's people like donna that wouldn't believe the truth if it hit her in the head, why not check GZ pockets for a receipt from CVS

Old 04-16-2012, 07:49 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,038,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I don't think anyone deserved to die
Well that undermines the entire Zimmerman defense. If no one "deserved" to die then it is not a justified homicide. Zimmerman should be grateful that you aren't delivering the opening arguments.

[/quote]there is proof that Zimmerman was attacked (injuries and witnesses who saw his attacker on top of him beating him) and there is no proof that Trayvon was attacked.[/quote]

On edit:

There is proof that there was a fight. There is a claim that Zimmerman was attacked.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:50 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,119,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
He still sounds Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs! in my humble opinion...I wonder how the conversation went with his neighbors...

Joe: Howdy neighbor, I killed a couple of guys because they were stealing your TV...hey how 'bout you guys come over to my place for a cup of coffee later...

Neighbor: Gee, thanks Joe, but you really didn't have to kill the guys, I hated that television anyway...

And like a John Wayne wannabe...
I was thinking the same thing. After I was initially told that my neighbor saved my stereo/TV/whatever, from being stolen, I'd be elated and grateful. Once the rest of the story came out...I'd move.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:53 PM

32 posts, read 24,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
So now burglars are automatically rapists? Your thought pattern would be funny if it were not so pathetic. Your accusing people of crimes that they did not commit. That's a liitle nuts. Small wonder you can relate to a nut like Horn.

When burglaries during the day are done, they are usually counting on and assuming people are not at home. Maybe they cased the joint and knew people were at work.

Would you kill a burglar you saw leaving your neighbor's house and you were not in danger?
I wouldn't aim to KILL, but I may shoot to STOP. Maybe that is what GZ did, how would YOU know where he was aiming?

Old 04-16-2012, 07:55 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay1 View Post
It's people like donna that wouldn't believe the truth if it hit her in the head, why not check GZ pockets for a receipt from CVS
There are quite a few people in this thread who saw the video with their own eyes of Zimmerman getting out of a police car with wounds to the back of his head and they still claim they weren't there. There are people who will do anything to further the media lie that's been pushed to the country regarding this case.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:57 PM

5,339 posts, read 4,425,953 times
Now that George Zimmerman is in custody, and has been charged, this thread can be closed. Well, that and the fact that many just can not stay on topic.

Until a time there is something NEW in this case there will be no need for a sticky. Anything else is speculation. With that said, any new threads that are created on this subject will probably end up being closed or deleted or merged with this closed thread if it's been covered in here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies