Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2012, 12:45 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Taller than not bigger than.
Is taller not bigger??

Did you see the police video of Zimmerman??? He is not a big man by any means....

There is Trayvon....at the time of his death. A LOTTTTT different than the sensitized pictures of the frail looking schoolboy isn't it?? And NOWHERE near 150 pounds either....Try 165-170

As far as physical stature....Martin was more imposing than Zimmerman....

The End.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
All that will matter within months is whether Zimmerman is smaller than his cellmate.
Hey, I don't care...really...

Old 04-12-2012, 12:48 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post

Quote:
The same people who are so focused on TMs school suspensions dismiss GZ's arrest record and rumours of aggressive behavior, but believe that he was attacked while simply doing a good deed with no question. GZ says TM attacked him while he was reaching for his cell phone to call 911 again (according to his father's recount of what GZ told him). If Travyon Martin attacked GZ when he was reaching for something, I believe it was his gun. Why does Trayvon Martin not have the right to defend himself? If he felt that his life was in danger and he attacked GZ, he would have the right to do so under the same law that GZ is claiming that he did.
I don't dismiss it. It lends a reason as to why Zimmerman was hyper vigilant about neighborhood safety and wanting to be a cop.
Some sort of "Stockholm Syndrome"? He gets arrested so he wants to become a cop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Did you watch the hearing??? Or did you "drown in the bubbles"?? Still believe that GZ looks 200lbs??? He looks rather small to me (even on camera)...
Yes, I watched it. I was once married to a guy who was 5'9" and 160#. He was a lot skinnier than GZ.

2,010 posts, read 2,371,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
What Trayvon's mother did was show compassion and give the benefit of the doubt, until all of the evidence is brought to light. Smart classy lady, IMO.
I will totally agree with you on this. His parents have been amazing during this whole thing. I wouldn't have the same attitude, I'd probably have serious thoughts of killing the shooter myself and taking the jail time. This is also one of the reasons I can easily see the possibility of Martin being innocent, Martin's parents do not at all seem like the type of people who would raise a thug. Trust me, I've seen kids that act like punks, and then seen how their parents act and it then made perfect sense. That, and in the photos, including the ones where he's older (yes even the one with the grill and the one flipping off the camera) I do not see a thug or a violent kid. But, I didn't know him.

18,630 posts, read 19,412,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Why do you keep skating the issue: Trayvon had grounds to defend himself under SYG rules too.Are you saying that a strange, large man, tracking you down through a strange neighborhood isn't grounds to be scared of imminent use of unlawful force? How?
It's not the issue!!!!! Trayvon is dead why is this hard for you to grasp?

I agree if Trayvon was alive and charged with assault he could use the SYG defense.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:49 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,449,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It's not the issue!!!!! Trayvon is dead why is this hard for you to grasp?

I agree if Trayvon was alive and charged with assault he could use the SYG defense.
So the right to use SYG only applies to those who are alive to use it?

Old 04-12-2012, 12:50 PM

43 posts, read 37,747 times
i think the bottom line is this: zimmerman is going to jail for killing an innocent child like a dog. the evidence is too strong against him for him to just walk. he did too many things wrong that night to include taking someone's life. and why did he do this: because he didn't think he belonged in his neighborhood. zimmerman said, "this guy looks like he is up to no good", but the truth of the matter is, is zimmerman was the one who was up to no good. his a$$ is where he belongs and trust this, he won't be leaving for a long, long time. end of story.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:52 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
How so? Does the words of a victim's family sway a jury's decision?

What if she'd said that Zimmerman was a cold-blooded racist? Still give credence to her opinions?

What Trayvon's mother did was show compassion and give the benefit of the doubt, until all of the evidence is brought to light. Smart classy lady, IMO.
Can't rep you again.

The Martin family has handled themselves with grace and dignity throughout all of this. It was a long battle for them to get the one thing they wanted: JUSTICE. I'm sure whatever the outcome of the trial, they will handle it with the grace and dignity that they have shown from the very beginning.

I guess some people have a perceived idea as to how Mr and Mrs Martin should have reacted/behaved throughout this ordeal.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:53 PM

People wonder why folks consider Blacks a monolith.

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2012/...l.html?_r=1&hp

Quote:
Americans are deeply divided by race over the killing of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin, with 91 percent of African Americans saying he was unjustly killed while just 35 percent of whites thought so, a Reuters/Ipsos poll showed on Thursday.

Fifty-nine percent of Hispanics believe that Martin was innocent and unjustly killed six weeks ago, according to the online poll of 1,922 Americans, conducted Monday through Thursday.
In a sign of how riveted Americans have been by the case, 93 percent of those surveyed said they were aware of the shooting, which set off heated debates over race, gun control and crime
Also how is Zimmerman going to get a fair trial if 93% of the country has heard of the case?

Old 04-12-2012, 12:54 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,492,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohbaby View Post
i think the bottom line is this: zimmerman is going to jail for killing an innocent child like a dog. the evidence is too strong against him for him to just walk. he did too many things wrong that night to include taking someone's life. and why did he do this: because he didn't think he belonged in his neighborhood. zimmerman said, "this guy looks like he is up to no good", but the truth of the matter is, is zimmerman was the one who was up to no good. his a$$ is where he belongs and trust this, he won't be leaving for a long, long time. end of story.
Fortunately, we have a legal system that provides a fair trial for someone accused of a crime. That way we don't have to determine a man's fate because of someone on the internet that hasn't seen evidence or listened to witnesses. As none of us have.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
So the right to use SYG only applies to those who are alive to use it?
Yes. You have to be suspected of a crime to use it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies