Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2012, 09:55 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You said "people" which translates to plural...more than one. I asked you how many.
I've seen 2 different individuals who claim they saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman before the shot was fired. Now answer my question, have you read any witnesses claim that Zimmerman was on top of Trayvon beating him before Trayvon was shot?

Old 04-15-2012, 09:57 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
An eyewitness is certainly better than a witness who didn't see a thing but thought they heard a voice that sounded like an adolescent crying out for help.
An eye witness who gave a report at the scene is also better than a witness who was on the other end of a cell phone call who gives a report a month after the event took place.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:00 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
An eye witness who gave a report at the scene is also better than a witness who was on the other end of a cell phone call who gives a report a month after the event took place.
I do believe Rev AL personally saw it.

Or was it that Waters lady ?

Old 04-15-2012, 10:21 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I don`t think that Florida`s "right to shoot an unarmed man" law is going to work for him.
On the contrary it just might...https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post23866151

Old 04-15-2012, 10:23 AM

96 posts, read 81,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I do believe Rev AL personally saw it.

Or was it that Waters lady ?
Oh...don't forget, it may have been Jesse Jackson, better yet, probably 1 of the black panther members, they know everything.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:24 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
I've seen 2 different individuals who claim they saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman before the shot was fired. Now answer my question, have you read any witnesses claim that Zimmerman was on top of Trayvon beating him before Trayvon was shot?
You think you are quick on the uptake, but you are not. I never said that I heard of a witness stating that GZ was on top. Where did I state that? Point it out to me. Wouldn't matter anyway as I still realize the issues surrounding eyewitness testimony either way. However, at least three witnesses claim that it was Trayvon who was heard screaming for help and they will be or have been interviewed just as well, with all of the same considerations taken into account when evaluating witness testimony.

Just what does Trayvon's being on top mean until all of the evidence is analyzed?

Old 04-15-2012, 10:28 AM

96 posts, read 81,690 times
Quote:
You said "people" which translates to plural...more than one. I asked you how many.

There are also the issues surrounding "eyewitness testimony". There are thousands of sites that discuss some of the problems with it.

The Problem with Eyewitness Testimony
The Problem With Eyewitness Testimony

Professionals take the possible shortcomings of eyewitness testimony into consideration. Was the witness drinking prior to "witnessing" the incident, does the witness wear glasses, proximity of witness to crime scene, etc. These are just examples of technical issues as there will also be a character reliability check of the witness.
Thanks sickofnyc you made me laugh..........betcha if there were eyewitness testimony saying they saw GZ on top of TM beating him up, you wouldn't be looking up " problems w/ eyewitness testimony".
Nice going ............LOL

Old 04-15-2012, 10:39 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Please provide the link. Thanks. Although as I said, all evidence needs to be evaluated before assumimg that Trayvon was "killing" Zimmerman or making him a future drooling vegetable. Did the witnesses (plural) see them on the grass or concrete? I suppose your link will clarify that.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:42 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukiddin View Post
Thanks sickofnyc you made me laugh..........betcha if there were eyewitness testimony saying they saw GZ on top of TM beating him up, you wouldn't be looking up " problems w/ eyewitness testimony".
Nice going ............LOL
He's so transparent it's sad.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:54 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,638 times
Quote:
However, at least three witnesses claim that it was Trayvon who was heard screaming for help and they will be or have been interviewed just as well, with all of the same considerations taken into account when evaluating witness testimony.

The key word in your post is "heard" (ear witness), which IMO is less reliable than actually seeing the person who was screaming (eyewitness) ...

Here's my take on the question regarding who was screaming:

There is at least one eyewitness who said that the guy in the "red sweater" was on the bottom of the struggle and was screaming for help. The "red sweater" guy turned out to be GZ as we could see in the police video he had on a red jacket.

The family members from both sides claim the screams came from the TM|GZ. IMO this cancels out the investigative question on who was actually screaming because there clearly is a bias on both sides and an emotional one at that...

You have "ear witnesses" claiming that the screams came from a young man (both are young men IMO). Those "ear witnesses" do not personally know either GZ or TM therefore cannot possibly know the tone of either guy's voice...

In my opinion at this point the "eyewitness" is the most credible...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies