Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2007, 02:10 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times

Advertisements

Mr. Craig has said he would like to try to finish his term that runs through next year if he could have the charge dropped. He appeared Tuesday to be testing the response he would get from his colleagues should he try to return. The reaction was mixed.

As he ventured onto the Senate floor, the Democratic leader, Harry Reid of Nevada, welcomed him while others were cool or avoided him altogether. At some points, he was left to stand alone on the floor.

Senator John McCain, the Arizona Republican and presidential candidate, had called for Mr. Craig’s resignation, but said, “I don’t think that keeps him from attending the luncheon if he wants to.”

During brief remarks in the private luncheon, Mr. Craig apologized to his Republican colleagues for any embarrassment his case had caused and said he had retained a high-powered legal team to try to clear his name. Those who attended said that he received a smattering of applause but that some were uncomfortable with his presence.

A spokesman for Gov. C. L. Otter said the governor had yet to receive a letter of resignation from Mr. Craig.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/19/wa...rn.html?ref=us

Are you kidding he needs to just stop!
Step away from the Senate seat Mr. Craig....... step away from the seat......

Save some dignity for your family and be a man and submit your resignation to Gov. Otter......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 03:13 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,187,726 times
If Craig had any nuts at all he would refuse to resign and even possibly run for re-election. At least then he could see how his thin explanations played with the good citizens of Idaho. They've had him sucking on the public breast for some 30 years, why should he give it up now?

Old 09-19-2007, 03:57 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
I wonder if Senator Craig used the restroom while at the Senate, and if any of his colleagues were in there. However briefly.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:45 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I wonder if Senator Craig used the restroom while at the Senate, and if any of his colleagues were in there. However briefly.
LOL... that had to be an awkward moment.. I'm sure they had a lookout.. telling them when he went in...

Old 09-19-2007, 05:00 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Craig is obviously "STALLING"....perhaps he'll have to ask friends and constituents to sign a "PARTITION" requesting that his job be saved.....but I'm afraid it won't work, because the WRITING IS ON THE WALL--he's ALL WASHED UP........(someone please stop me--these restroom jokes have me ON A ROLL.....)....

Old 09-19-2007, 05:27 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times
well I hope he keeps fighting it.. it only makes it that much worse for republicans... they tried to sweep him and it under the rug.. and he isn't going to let that happen.. so its going to stay in the news.. and in the minds of the public.. I hope he does run for re-election... perhaps idaho will have a democratic senator soon.. lol
If you look at how the congressional districts are set up in idaho.. it divides boise(democratic city) in half.. putting western boise into one district and eastern boise into the other.. so that there could never be a democratic majority congressional district...
people talk about democrats trying to rig things.. republicans do it too.. its a constant battle.. full of underhanded tricks and lies...

Old 09-19-2007, 05:44 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Thumbs down Craig needs to go ~ but not to the bathroom!

I have no problem with Craig being or not being a homosexual. I do have a problem with homosexuals in public bathrooms at airports or anywhere else. I do have a problem with Craig and the VERY poor decisions he made at the time of arrest and afterwards. If he is a homosexual I have a problem with him being a hypocrite while holding public office. If he as an elected public servant makes the same poor decisions in office then we don’t need him there whatsoever.

Craig needs to go, the republicans need to wash their hands of this man and the country needs to focus on more important problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies