Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2012, 07:20 AM

6,424 posts, read 13,260,668 times

Advertisements

Show me a politician that hasn't lied.
Also, if the public knew everything that went on in the government, with any POTUS, most would be appalled. There are things us, the public, just should not know.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:43 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,092,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Well I have evidence... That Obama is a pathological Liar
And that justifies becoming a pathological liar yourself in response? The intense hypocrisy of any Birther whining about anybody else lying is simply icing on the cake of their fundamental ignominy.

You would at least be able to pretend you had the integrity of a planarian if you whined about Obama's policies or honesty in other threads devoted to those issues. It would still only be pretense sure... but at least you might be able to pull it off with some dignity.

But this thread is not about any lies told by Obama. It is about lies told on Fox news about Obama.

And the liars in this thread are all on the Birther side of the ravine.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:44 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,966,582 times
Going back to the OP's first point:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea Party Ted View Post
They just reported this afternoon that he has spent a large sum in the amount of $200,000.00 to keep his records from being released. I can't think of any other president specifically paying money to keep school records from being released. Apparently Harvard is going to offer a one credit course to students about Obama attending Harvard but how can that be when they don't have any study material since his Harvard Law Review articles haven't been released? Ironically the course is called 'Understanding Obama'.
After days of searching, I haven't found a credible source to confirm the claims therein. I can only conclude that it is complete BS.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:47 AM

6,424 posts, read 13,260,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Today, criticism is coming from all sides. A senior Democrat lawmaker said, “I have been very disappointed in [Obama], to the point where I’m embarrassed that I endorsed him. It’s so bad that some of us are thinking, is there some way we can replace him? How do you get rid of this guy?” (“Democrats’ Disgust with Obama,” The Daily Beast, April 15, 2011)

Steve McCann wrote: Obama’s speech “was chock full of lies, deceit and crass fear-mongering. It must be said that [he] is the most dishonest, deceitful and mendacious person in a position of power I have ever witnessed” (“The Mendacity of Barack Obama,” AmericanThinker.com, April 15, 2011).
This is one year old. Why is it that you never have anything current?

Old 04-15-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
Show me a politician that hasn't lied.
Politicians lie because we demand that they lie. 200 plus years of American politics has proven that we will not elect anybody who tells us the truth. Unless they promise the impossible, we will vote for those others who do.

This is why even the best people who wants to do the best for this country and are motivated by the best angels of their natures must lie if they want to be put in the position where they can actually do good. To whine that a politician lies is like whining that the sky is blue... it is essentially acknowledging that you have nothing important to say.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:58 AM

60 posts, read 45,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Politicians lie because we demand that they lie. 200 plus years of American politics has proven that we will not elect anybody who tells us the truth.
How bad of a liar do you think Obama is?

Old 04-15-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
No, a "Voluntary Surrender" is something you do when you've been accused of something, and you 'voluntarily surrender' your license five seconds before the state suspends you.
Wrong.

A voluntary surrender is what you do when you are no longer practicing law and want to stop paying mandatory malpractice insurance.

If there had been any pending discipline at all, a voluntary surrender would not remove those disciplinary records from the public reports. And according to the Illinois Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission (ARDC) there have never been any disciplinary actions against Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper
It is said he lied on his application about never having gone by another name. aka Barry Soetoro.
This is (of course) just another Birther lie that never dies. What "application" are you even talking about? Birthers are all over the map regarding what this "application" was supposedly for. Some say it was his application for the law license, others his application for the bar. Most just mention some ambiguous "application" like you did here.

In point of fact, the only time a question even close is ever asked a lawyer in Illinois it is when they register for the ARDC. And it does not ask if the lawyer "has ever gone by another name." It asks if the lawyer has ever practiced law under another name.

Birthers must believe that Obama was practicing law before he was 10 years old. It would not be the most stupid thing that Birthers believe.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:04 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
No, a "Voluntary Surrender" is something you do when you've been accused of something, and you 'voluntarily surrender' your license five seconds before the state suspends you.Obama: NOT a Lawyer... NOT a Professor... (and Surely No Genius, Either!)

It is said he lied on his application about never having gone by another name. aka Barry Soetoro.
I know ms. claudine has me on ignore; maybe someone can quote me so she sees this.

The verbiage underlined is a direct copy-paste from an email.

snopes.com: Barack and Michelle Obama's Law Licenses

It is also untrue. (I'm feeling charitable b/c it's Sunday, and not calling it a lie.) So is the rest of that post.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 04-15-2012 at 08:17 AM..

Old 04-15-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea Party Ted View Post
How bad of a liar do you think Obama is?
About average for an American politician.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave82 View Post
Why the surprise? Graduate projects and doctorate thesis are routinely kept.
What the hell is a "graduate project?" Can you give me examples of "graduate projects" from any prior president?

And as for Doctoral Theses... JDs do write them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave82
They become property of the institution in many cases are copyrighted. Students allow and are often encourged to give permission to deseminate thier work for others to reference or expand upon.
Then it should be effortless for you to point us to a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave82
The fact that his are sealed is disturbing.
It is more disturbing that you are disturbed by the imaginary "sealing" of something you have no good reason to believe even exists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies