Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 12:08 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,471,725 times

Advertisements

I know it is a complete waste of time but every now and then I send an e-mail to Boxer, Feinstein and Jerry Brown. I usually reserve these for gun related laws I strongly support.
Well I sent one to the above 3 concerning S. 2213 which is the "Respecting States' Rights and Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act". In the past after sending these types of e-mails Senator Feinstein has answered twice or I should say her office send back a form letter.
In her response she (her office) said that she does not support the bill. She went on to say she does not support concealed carry. She also states that concealed laws that may work in rural areas like Alaska and Wyoming would not be good for California or New York.
I cannot stand any one of the 3 mentioned politicians and hope to see them out of office.
The only positive thing I can say about Feinstein is her office at least responds to our e-mails (right before they are shredded).

P.S. California SUCKS! I'm out if I can ever sell my house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 06:04 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times
I just moved from California. It's a beautiful state, no doubt about it. But it is also WAY over-regulated. I respect D. Feinstein's stance on concealed carry, though I adamantly disagree with her. Her colleague, one Nancy Pelosi, seems to disagree as well. Pelosi is known to carry concealed herself, though I've no doubt that she supports legislation that prevents us "commoners" from doing so.

What makes me laugh is that CA has all these rules to make weapons CA compliant. Among them are a limit of magazine capacity to 10 rounds, as well as no quick release on magazines. I'm thinking of the AR-15 platform specifically. I was looking at the new MP15-22 from S&W for a while. I noticed that in normal states, the basic model comes with a 25 round mag and retails for about $500, while the CA compliant model comes with a 10 round mag and retails for $520. You pay more for less enjoyment. No doubt the 2nd Amendment haters in Sacramento a giddy with delight over that.

I also noticed that if you buy a gun in CA, you have to wait 10 days before you can enjoy your purchase. What are they trying to prevent? If you are going to make a law, it should serve a purpose, considering that every law passed equates to a restriction on the freedom of the individual. Some of this is necessary, but in the case of gun ownership, what are they trying to accomplish? Criminals get their guns off the street and you can bet your bottom dollar that the black market vendors do not observe a 10 day waiting period for their customers. Only law-abiding consumers and retailers get screwed by that one.

I could go on, but I'll stop there. You are not alone in your frustration, my friend. Keep bugging the "leaders" in Sacramento and Washington. If for nothing else but to be a constant thorn in their side!

Old 05-28-2012, 06:15 AM

5,662 posts, read 10,747,431 times
Pelosi carries a gun?

I wonder if she thinks she has to pull the trigger to see if it's loaded...

Old 05-28-2012, 06:30 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
Pelosi carries a gun?

I wonder if she thinks she has to pull the trigger to see if it's loaded...
I want to laugh, but it's too sad to actually be funny.

Old 05-28-2012, 08:50 AM

383 posts, read 733,538 times
I really think California is beyond help which is a shame as it has every natural advantage on earth. When they re-elected Moonbeam, who already proved he was an epic failure once I think that's when it became clear it is a lost cause.

As for the ludicrous gun legislation, it's blatantly anti-constitutional but leftist seem to use the constitution as toilet paper so whatever.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:32 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
California seems to be an example of government assisted suicide on a state level. Flee while you can lest you be caught holding the bankruptcy bill.

I wonder if those who rushed to California for gold in 1848 could have envisioned a reverse migration about 162 years later for those trying to hang onto what they have left.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:43 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,623,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
California seems to be an example of government assisted suicide on a state level. Flee while you can lest you be caught holding the bankruptcy bill.

I wonder if those who rushed to California for gold in 1848 could have envisioned a reverse migration about 162 years later for those trying to hang onto what they have left.

I knew people who bailed out of California in the early 1970s. They saw the trouble coming.....

Old 05-28-2012, 10:46 AM

1,360 posts, read 2,951,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
I know it is a complete waste of time but every now and then I send an e-mail to Boxer, Feinstein and Jerry Brown. I usually reserve these for gun related laws I strongly support.
Well I sent one to the above 3 concerning S. 2213 which is the "Respecting States' Rights and Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act". In the past after sending these types of e-mails Senator Feinstein has answered twice or I should say her office send back a form letter.
In her response she (her office) said that she does not support the bill. She went on to say she does not support concealed carry. She also states that concealed laws that may work in rural areas like Alaska and Wyoming would not be good for California or New York.
I cannot stand any one of the 3 mentioned politicians and hope to see them out of office.
The only positive thing I can say about Feinstein is her office at least responds to our e-mails (right before they are shredded).

P.S. California SUCKS! I'm out if I can ever sell my house.
I think she's got that backwards!

Old 05-28-2012, 11:13 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Well, no amount of contact from constituents will ever change Sen. Feinstein's position on trying to bring a halt to the people of California's RKBA. She has become very wealthy and made her husband's businesses very successful as a result of her committee positions in the US Senate. She will not concede power to the little people. Therefore, the people of California who do not agree with Sen. Feinstein's position on firearms need to change her title to: Former Sen. Feinstein.

Fire her!

Old 05-28-2012, 04:37 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,471,725 times
[quote=lifelongMOgal;24496202]Well, no amount of contact from constituents will ever change Sen. Feinstein's position on trying to bring a halt to the people of California's RKBA. She has become very wealthy and made her husband's businesses very successful as a result of her committee positions in the US Senate. She will not concede power to the little people. Therefore, the people of California who do not agree with Sen. Feinstein's position on firearms need to change her title to: Former Sen. Feinstein.

Fire her![/quote]

Amen to that, along with Boxer and Brown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies