Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2012, 08:56 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,263,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Just politely tell him where you are staying and go home.
How do we know that isn't exactly what he did?

Because Zimmerman says so?

Old 05-19-2012, 09:02 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,907,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Even if he had committed burglary in the past, that is not a capital offense.

He wrote "WTF" on a locker. Inappropriate, but hardly a capital offense. Lots of people ham it up for the camera and make up names for themselves. Again, none of this is a capital offense. Who knows why he ONCE had a screwdriver in his book bag? Posession of a screwdriver is not against the law.
The only capital offense in the state of Florida is first degree murder. You do, however, have the right to self-defense even without the SYG law.

You cannot defend yourself if you are already a murder victim. In order to defend yourself you must shoot, or otherwise incapacitate, the bad guy before he commits a capital offense.

I guess Zimmermen should have waited until he was already dead before shooting.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Zimmerman was not acting in a Neighborhood Watch capacity. He was a self-appointed NW captian.
Ok, if you meet some nosy neighbor, or anyone else, just tell him why you are in the area and go home. Do not punch him in the nose.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
How do we know that isn't exactly what he did?

Because Zimmerman says so?
I am looking for any evidence whatsoever that Zimmermen initiated the physical altercation.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:33 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,598,679 times
Ok, not disputing the media did not give the whole story on Trayvon's life. I get what you all are saying. Lets be honest here, there has been a media bias against blacks for the longest, I bet none of you all have no problem when it happens that way. What makes it even worse is condoning what happened to him solely based on past events that happened in his life.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:42 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,683,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4answers12 View Post
Both of them made tragic mistakes.
Just by following Treyvon, it could be perceived as provoking him. If he said something, that would possibly make it worse.

As I said, Zimmerman should not have followed. If he had said something to provoke him, that would have been wrong too. BUT turning around and whooping someones behind is NOT the right reaction either.

We could speculate all day regardless of the details of how it played out, the facts that I've seen so far, show me that misakes were made on both sides and i was definitely an avoidable tragedy.

Were you trying to make some kind of point with your question?
One more time, in CAPS so it will soak in:

IT IS NOT AGAINST THE LAW TO FOLLOW SOMEONE.

Mr. Zimm was completely within his right to walk wherever he wished. He lived there, for cryin' out loud!!!!!

Old 05-19-2012, 09:43 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,413,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
And if Martin had not been suspended from high school, he wouldn't have been in that city to be killed, murdered, or whatever nice words people want to use this week. That argument can go round and round and round. If Martin had not gotten up that morning. If Martin waited 5 minutes to go to the store. If, woulda coulda, shoulda...

I do agree with you, however, about the riots. There is going to be riots in the streets. Bottom line, this case is SO WEAK it is not even funny. If people truly believe a jury of 12 people are going to find Zimmerman guilty, BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT, I have some beach front property in Kansas to sell you.

The rioting which goes on afterword, is going to make a lot of cops, firemen, and paramedics, a lot of money in OVERTIME and cost YOU, the tax payer, ALOT OF MONEY.
"There is going to be riots"??? Maybe try "there are".....

I just don't know where this idea comes from that there will be riots all over the country if Zimmerman is acquitted. Sanford is a small town, and has a history of racism. Orlando is the closest city, and Orlando is NOT L.A. Then there's Jacksonville, also not even remotely on the scale of L.A.

Btw, if he asserts SYG and requests an immunity hearing, it will be a judge and not a jury who makes the decision on that one.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:44 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,547,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I am looking for any evidence whatsoever that Zimmermen initiated the physical altercation.
Well, would have been Zimmerman's word against Trayvon's but he killed him so...he ain't gonna incriminate himself. He got rid of the only other witness to his crime.

So, the question is: Does George Zimmerman have a reason to lie?
The answer: Yes, of course he does

Old 05-19-2012, 09:45 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,030,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Some people are obsessed, and enjoy flogging dead horses.
Not me. This is the only Martin/Zimmerman thread that I have been actively involved in. Al I want is for the MSM to report the facts instead of manipulating them - and I want people in general to chill out and let the system work.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:46 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,413,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
One more time, in CAPS so it will soak in:

IT IS NOT AGAINST THE LAW TO FOLLOW SOMEONE.

Mr. Zimm was completely within his right to walk wherever he wished. He lived there, for cryin' out loud!!!!!
Just a note: Mr. Zimmerman has not be charged with "following someone."

The jury question will be whether or not Mr. Zimmerman committed the crime of 2nd degree murder. Have you read THAT law and noted all the elements of that law/crime?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies