Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2012, 08:56 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I agree that women shouldn't get prefential treatment.
Let's try another example. Someone breaks into your home with weapons. You shoot them to protect your family. In your mind, you should then be arrested?

I think people should be able to protect themselves without being worried about being arrested. I have 3 children in my house. If someone breaks in, I don't think I should have to wait to see if they are just planning to rob us or turn us into the Petit family in CT (mom and 11 year old girl raped, both daughters tied to beds and burned alive.)
There is no way to know what horrible things someone is planning to do until it is too late.
Same with the couple in Knoxville. That started as a carjacking. If they had killed one of the perps then, I'm sure some people would have wanted them prosectuted because "it was just a car-jacking." But it turned it horrible torture for both of them.

As for verge of being killed, at that point, it's often too late. The Knoxville couple and the Petits were both alive for hours after the initial break-in/car jacking, although I imagine they all wish they had been killed instantly.

And I completely disagree about the "sex organs" comments. If a woman is being raped, she has every right to kill her attacker to protect herself.
You just summed up the rationale for Stand Your Ground laws very well here. I doubt that the liberals on this forum will get it. Sad.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:00 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKBLACKGUY View Post
One thing I here again is people saying

"Why are we making a big thing about a white or Hispanic man killing a black teenager when blacks kill and beat up and do terrible things to white people all the time ?"

What about ?
  • Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom
  • James Kouzaris, and James Cooper
  • John Sanderson.
  • Frank Motta
  • Nancy and Bob Strait ,Robert Purvis,Hannah Wheeling ?
"Where was Jackson, Sharpton "

What makes the Trayvon Martin case sdifferent and MUCH WORSE is not the race of his killer but the actions of the authorities in letting Zimmerman (At first) him go free, letting Martin lie dead in a morgue without telling or trying to contact his parents. As if the lives of black people do not matter.

THE DIFFERENCE

When blacks murder kill white

Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom murders
  • Lemaricus Davidson : Death by lethal injection
  • Letalvis Cobbins: Life without parole
  • George Thomas : Life without parole
James Kouzaris and James Cooper murders :

Shawn Tyson: convicted of two counts of first-degree murder

John Sanderson murder :

Three suspects arrested

Frank Motta murder :

Treven Lewis arrested and charged with second-degree murder

Nancy and Bob Strait murders :

Tyrone Dale David Woodfork arrested and charged with first-degree murder, first-degree burglary, two counts of armed robbery and assault with a dangerous weapon

Robert Purvis murder :

Brian Beasley : Life without parole

Hannah Wheeling murder :

Brian Wonsom: 85 years

When whites murder kill blacks

Ramarley Graham murder

Richard Haste: no arrest, no charge

Trayvon Martin murder

George Zimmerman: no arrest, no charge

See the difference ?

If a black person murders a white person.

T.H.E.Y - W.I.L.L - B.E - D.E.S.T.R.O.Y.E.D

If a white persom murders a black person ?

There is good chance of getting away with. Had it not been for the huge protests about Trayvon. Zimmerman would be relaxing with his friends, probably bragging with his mates about killing martin

This is not about hating whitey. This is and was about a miscarriage of justice. That is the very reason for the protests – because without them little will be done.

Despite what some say the media circus over Trayvon Martin is the exception not the rule. When you read about murdered whites. They usually say nothing about the arrest. Because it’s assumed that the police arrest suspects.

And that is the thing :

White civil rights go back hundreds of years and are taken for granted. Black civil rights only go back to the 1960s and cannot (yet) be taken for granted. As the Trayvon Martin case makes painfully clear
Allow me to succintly destroy your entire premise. You make some great points if you ignore things that don't fit your viewpoint....

Sister of man killed in Taco Bell drive-thru says he was murdered | azfamily.com Phoenix

Mentally handicapped hispanic gunned down by a young black male for swinging his arms in the air while the gunman was safe in his car.

Not only has he not been arrested, he claimed the special needs guy had a wheapon (he didn't).

The media hasn't even released the shooters name.

Racist.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:04 AM

566 posts, read 958,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Tell me you agree with this, and I'll consider you severely deranged, along with anyone else that agrees with you.
Fine, a woman should be able to kill her attacker under any and all circumstances without facing any legal consequences.

Happy now?

Old 05-25-2012, 09:08 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,690,775 times
the difference is those black people are/will be arrested for killing whites or each other, zimmerman was not. had the police just did there job, their parents wouldn't have to use MSM to make the police care enough to try him in a court of law.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:08 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,069,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
All of this is simply a smokescreen to keep you from the REAL news.

See when you OWN the Media you can control it from exposing you.

While they spend weeks on viewing this, America is being sold out from underneath your noses.

What is more important - Trayvon Martin case or American Sovereignty?

Back to bed America. Keep arguing back and forth playing their game.

You're probably right.

Divide et impera.

I specifically used the Latin term to encourage folks to google it as I have neither the time or patience to explain it.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:09 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I agree that women shouldn't get prefential treatment.
Let's try another example. Someone breaks into your home with weapons. You shoot them to protect your family. In your mind, you should then be arrested?
I think anytime someone breaks into anyone's property that they have a right to protect themselves, especially if someone is armed. That doesn't mean that I think they should get a pass on a police investigation either. I also have children and am a woman, I have 2 kids and I have a CW permit and if someone breaks in my home I would warn them that I have a gun and they better leave before they get shot, if they didn't I'd shoot them. If they tried to rape me in my house I'd shoot them even if a man tried to rape me out on the street I'd shoot them and it wouldn't be traumatic for me to be investigated by the police since where I live we also have similar laws like SYG laws in FL but I don't believe that just because those laws are used, that people should not be investigated because people lie and don't want to go to jail. You can chose any scenario that you like, but I still think that anytime someone is killed there should be a thorough investigation and even arrest made of the person who killed and not just take the word of the killer.

This actually makes me remember a story of a black man in my metro area. Some black kids broke in his house, a girl and two boys, all teenagers. He warned he had a gun but the kids didn't leave and he shot one shot and ended up killing the girl. He was arrested and released and said he wish that they would have left upon the warning. All charges were eventually dismissed and expunged from his record. This happened not to far from where I live. When people use their weapons under the guidelines of the law, I have no issue with that, but I do take issue with law enforcement not investigating shooting deaths that occur under any circumstances.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
Fine, a woman should be able to kill her attacker under any and all circumstances without facing any legal consequences.

Happy now?
I doubt that you really believe in what you just wrote.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:12 AM

566 posts, read 958,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I doubt that you really believe in what you just wrote.
I'm just trying to make you all happy. Don't worry about whether I believe it or not.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:15 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,864,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post

Happy now?
Yes, because there is no medium between a woman not being allowed to kill her attacker while she's raped and allowing her to kill any attacker for any reason.

No middle ground there.

By the way, you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, from a legal standpoint.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
the difference is those black people are/will be arrested for killing whites or each other, zimmerman was not. had the police just did there job, their parents wouldn't have to use MSM to make the police care enough to try him in a court of law.
Hispanics aren't arrested for killing people unjustifiably?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies