Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 03:19 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,976,162 times

Advertisements

Sorry, but if a ghetto hoodlum cornered me and started talking trash I would probably have shot him to. And now there is some speculation that Zimmerman was beaten? So what, just sit there and let that thug beat you? Are you serious?

That kid didn't deserve to die, but he was just a little thuglette that had something bad coming to him.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:51 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I seriously doubt the video was altered. And as I remember Dan Rather got blasted and lost a lot of credibility for that.
So you're saying that in spite of the PROOF that networks altered pretty much everything about the story, you STILL believe them.

That's some kind of fog you're living in.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:57 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,643,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
So you're saying that in spite of the PROOF that networks altered pretty much everything about the story, you STILL believe them.

What was altered except for the playing of the 911 tape, which was edited by CBS? (I think it was CBS)

Did they alter the police video?
It looked the same to me no matter which source I used to see it..

By the way, the words 'altered' and 'edited' have two different meanings. I don't believe the 911 tape was 'altered'.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:03 AM

78,351 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I took a media ethics class in college that covered some real life events and the media coverage. I have a feeling this case will make it into the future text books for examination.
The are no ethics in media anymore.

It's all about rush something out there and then correct it later.

This is nothing new or unique to this case. The reason it's so glaring in this case is that it's a huge story so there is even more pressure to run with whatever you can.

Quite frankly, if Zimmerman wins acquittal he will probably lose a wrongful death suit. However, he will also likely win suits against several media sources for things like the special edited 9-11 tapes.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:04 AM

566 posts, read 958,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Sorry, but if a ghetto hoodlum cornered me and started talking trash I would probably have shot him to. And now there is some speculation that Zimmerman was beaten? So what, just sit there and let that thug beat you? Are you serious?

That kid didn't deserve to die, but he was just a little thuglette that had something bad coming to him.
LOL Are you kidding me? Zimmerman is the only person to blame. Had he just called the cops and let them do their job, he wouldn't be in the life-altering situation he's in, nor would Trayvon Martin be dead. Unless you're actually a cop, stop trying to play cop. He tried to play cop and ended up ruining his life.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:09 AM

78,351 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Apparantly some posters around here arent aware of the medias track record.....like the 1978 flaming of Ford by the horrible "60 minutes TV show". (Where they planted incendiary devices on the car which then "exploded" when rear ended.)

"It Didn't Start With Dateline NBC" (National Review 6/21/93)

Old 04-19-2012, 08:01 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,228,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post

You would have shot someone for talking to you?

Then you'd be facing murder charges, like Zimmerman.

And what's with "now there is some speculation that Zimmerman was beaten" - where have you been? That's been Zimmerman's story from the very beginning, widely reported.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:38 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,250,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Jeez, I hope that if I'm ever beaten to a pulp that someone has the sense to take me to a hospital.
You would think, huh?

After all, he was just one head bang away from having to be spoon-fed for the rest of his life. According to his brother. The brother who can speak to such detail even though he and George have had zero contact for a number of years.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:42 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,250,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I do believe Zimmerman will get off because the evidence is simply not there but we'll see.
Yeah, maybe by then he will actually have shown someone (like his lawyers) these pictures he took of himself all beaten to a pulp.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:18 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,118,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Wouldn't the police in conjunction with medical personnel have taken pictures of the injuries that Zimmerman incurred? Why would Zimmerman have to do this himself?

(I wasn't in the country when this whole thing went down so it's an honest question on my part.)
You are correct to assume that there would be photos and a physician's report to back up the accurate account of his injuries.

A person just shoots and kills another person (a kid, no less) claims self defense and does not make certain that there is enough evidence to back up his claim? Zimmerman must have felt fairly confident that he was home free...so to speak. The Sanford PD seemed to treat it just as just as nonchalantly as Zimmerman did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies