Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 11:22 AM

1,259 posts, read 2,259,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post

Next time you get arrested and put in jail for doing this to someone you perceive as weird or who is walking behind "following you" , let me know how it works out.

If some weirdo guy is following and approaches me you darn right I will defend myself. I've had a guy follow me before who was up to no good so I know that is a very scary feeling. You can tell when a person is following you, it's like you try to lose them but they keep getting closer and closer. Treyvon told his girlfriend he knew this guy was following him. So he knew something wasn't right with the Zimmerman.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:24 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,438,277 times
No wonder we haven't heard from Zimmerman's wife. Looks like she is getting threats too. Is somebody investigating these threats?

Judge Grants $150,000 Bond To George Zimmerman « CBS Tampa
Quote:
George Zimmerman’s family testified by phone in the hearing at the Seminole County Criminal Justice Center, saying he is not a flight risk nor a threat to the community. Zimmerman’s family members were testifying by phone because they say they have been threatened.
Zimmerman was at the hearing wearing a suit but in shackles. Martin’s parents are also present.
“He is absolutely not a violent person,” his wife, Shellie Zimmerman, testified.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:25 AM

39,876 posts, read 26,550,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
If some weirdo guy is following and approaches me you darn right I will defend myself. I've had a guy follow me before who was up to no good so I know that is a very scary feeling. You can tell when a person is following you, it's like you try to lose them but they keep getting closer and closer. Treyvon told his girlfriend he knew this guy was following him. So he knew something wasn't right with the Zimmerman.
Once again...if sweet little Trey was so scared of big, bad Georgie...why didn't he simply walk into his house and close the door? He was within a very few feet of his doorway, for a period of several minutes. Why did he turn around, go back and confront Zimmerman?

Old 04-20-2012, 11:27 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,923,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
His head was described as being "beaten to a bloody pulp." Sorry, the head in the photo had two cuts - possibly scratches - that had been bleeding. Hardly a "bloody pulp." Hardly worthy of a deadly force defense.

As for Zimmerman's version of events, there have been a number of them, which one are you talking about?

IMO, those two tiny cuts look like the sort of thing that pro wrestlers give themselves to make the show look better. There is no way that Zimmerman can prove that Martin was the one that caused those two scratches. It is entirely possible that Zimmerman scratched himself to go along with his cover story.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:28 AM

1,259 posts, read 2,259,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Once again...if sweet little Trey was so scared of big, bad Georgie...why didn't he simply walk into his house and close the door? He was within a very few feet of his doorway, for a period of several minutes. Why did he turn around, go back and confront Zimmerman?
That we will never know. For all I know Zimmerman could have prevented him from leaving. Zimmerman obviously thought Treyvon was up to no good and obviously Trevyon had the same feelings about him, but the only person correct was Trevyon.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Well then you run the risk of getting harmed or worse. VIolence should be a last resort. If Zimmerman was literally a breath away I'd agree. Yet Zimmerman says to the dispatcher that Trayvon is walking towards him which would suggest a substantial distance between the two. Turning around to confront someone violently is not a good idea and wasn't so in this case.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:29 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,219,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
IMO, those two tiny cuts look like the sort of thing that pro wrestlers give themselves to make the show look better. There is no way that Zimmerman can prove that Martin was the one that caused those two scratches. It is entirely possible that Zimmerman scratched himself to go along with his cover story.
This was taken by a witness at the scene FYI

Are you one of those who believe in tinfoil hats too?

Old 04-20-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
That we will never know. For all I know Zimmerman could have prevented him from leaving. Zimmerman obviously thought Treyvon was up to no good and obviously Trevyon had the same feelings about him, but the only person correct was Trevyon.
See this is what I mean by arguing based on emotion. What facts that have been released to the public lead you to believe Zimmerman detained Trayvon in any fashion?

Old 04-20-2012, 11:31 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,595,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Maybe, but "entirely possible" does not meet the burden of proof of "beyond a reasonable doubt."

Old 04-20-2012, 11:33 AM

835 posts, read 1,041,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

He was not a few feet from his doorway.

He was a nice distance away.
The shooting of Trayvon Martin - Google Maps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies