Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2012, 09:10 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,690,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
I am trying to understand it. As stated that I have a "white" looking friend who says she is black due to black heritage. She doesn't have black features or black skin, maybe black hair but it is hard to tell because she wears it cose to her head. She seems to think as most do that any black blood makes you black...(think Obama)!?

well thanks to something called Jim Crow(an american thing), the one drop rule makes her think that, if she were in say London or even S.America she would be able to own up to all of her heritage, without being told that her other parts don't matter just because she has black in her.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:57 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Can anyone explain why zimmerman closed his site and then claimed to be broke and have the state pay for his defense?

If he did not report the money that he had is'nt that contempt of court?

Old 04-27-2012, 09:59 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yeah, that neighbor who hid in her house while a black teen was robbing it and WITNESSED the entire thing was just an opinion.

There was an earlier post that mentioned that of all of the robbery cases reported not even half were committedd by blacks. So if thet being the case why were blacks targeted?

Old 04-27-2012, 10:12 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,198,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Can anyone explain why zimmerman closed his site and then claimed to be broke and have the state pay for his defense?

If he did not report the money that he had is'nt that contempt of court?
His lawyer had the site closed down, he does not want GZ to have any internet presence during this case, there have been fake accounts set up in GZ's name trying to raise money and also saying derogatory things, O'Mara has reported these sites to the feds...

The judge wants all the details of GZ's paypal account and who knew what when...if it comes out that the family or GZ knew before the bond hearing and didn't disclose it, mislead, or outright lied about it that is a huge problem both of credibility and lying to the court...his attorney said in court today that at the time of the bond hearing or before GZ's arrest (?) there was 150K in his paypal account and he did use some money for living expenses...it is easy enough to find this out by reviewing the transaction history and by a court order a record of who and when the paypal account was accessed...

Edit: Judge Lester did mention that he may not have jurisdiction not sure what he meant...??? to increase or revoke GZ's bond, whether it would be a factor in his court, not sure????

Last edited by tiluha; 04-27-2012 at 10:22 AM..

Old 04-27-2012, 10:27 AM

For anyone who questions why George Zimmerman was allowed to bond out....

Sanford..."An iPhone app landed an accused killer,who was already out of jail on bond, back into jail for allegedly committing another crime."

Old 04-27-2012, 11:31 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,603,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
You are correct. They were closed, not expunged. You can go to the Orange County Clerk of Courts and see the charges. The arrests were in Orlando. The third degree felony charges were reduced with the agreement that he would take an anger management class. That's the reason he was able to get the gun permit.

CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITH VIOLENCE
BATTERY ON LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER

I edited my post because it was much too long, listing the case number, etc., but the charges are listed here

Then click on "All Case Records Search" and enter his name. Click on the case number for additional information.
Thank you.

He should never have been allowed a gun in the first place with that history. Everyone else complies with police, why is GZ getting a free pass here? Seriously resisting arrest is an automatic felony.

I would not want a neighborhood watch with someone like that carrying a gun, he is NOT a cop, he is untrained and apparently trigger happy. Its not just an issue of race in the final analysis, this is a serious safety issue.

In our Boca HOA I would NEVER have wanted someone like that roaming the streets to "protect the neighborhood". Some Florida neighborhoods are half vacant due to snowbirds, only police are capable of maintaining a safe environment.

Something is SERIOUSLY wrong here.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:34 PM

The officer's description of what GZ did the night of his arrest at UCF, the original charge of resist with violence was later dropped to resist w/o violence...be honest, does this sound violent...shrugging and pushing arms away with hands...

As far as the DV injunction GZ and his girlfriend were both issued a Permanent Injunction (restraining order) Courts typically don't issue permanent injunctions to a person unless there is evidence that a physical altercation existed, so this says to me that the girlfriend also struck or committed a physical attack as well...
Please don't misunderstand me, I am not sticking up for GZ, the way I see it both he and the girlfriend participated in the physical altercation which IMO is wrong on both sides...the fact that both arrests happened 7 years ago when he was 21 years old says to me that he was obviously immature...he has not had anything happen since then...of course beside what happened that tragic night

Old 04-27-2012, 12:56 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
The black news outlets tend to be making it more about a "white" man getting away with something so I avoid most links from those sources. The question should not involve race but it does. The question is simple.. did one person kill another person in the wrong and if so how will he be punished and if not will people accept the verdict and move on. Hopefully justice will prevail.
Well, there are just as many White news sources as Black news sources that keep mentioning race. I think that's quieted down a bit since the public has learned about Zimmerman's family history. In fact, at first people were posting that Zimmerman is Jewish, and he isn't. His father isn't Jewish either. Who cares? Many of Bernie Madoff's victims were Jewish and he stole from Jewish philanthropies. I know Jamaicans who don't like African-Americans and Haitians who don't like Jamaicans. Hate comes in every color, religion and nationality. Some people like to beat up homosexuals and others torment obese people. Humans are very nasty and vile beings, aren't we?

So is this a racially motivated crime? Maybe, maybe not. It doesn't matter if Zimmerman has Black friends or even if some of his relatives are Black. He knew there had been several burglaries over the past year. Many of the suspects were Black men, although they weren't 17 year old teenagers, as far as I know. I'm guessing most of them wore jeans or sweats and tennis shoes. In fact, I wear jeans or sweats most the time, so that's probably irrelevant. After all, this is Florida. People go to church in shorts and wear sweatpants to dinner! Hoodies are often worn in the winter when it's cool & windy.

Maybe Zimmerman wasn't being racist by assuming if another burglary took place, that the perpetrator might be from the same group of Black men. However, there weren't any burglaries that night or even that week AFAIK. So when he targeted Trayvon Martin, who was only walking home that night from 7-Eleven, he was definitely using race to profile him. Even some Black residents who live in the same community said that they agree some of the thefts were committed by Blacks, but they also said Zimmerman's emails and newsletters made them afraid to walk in their own neighborhood. After all, more than 20% of the residents who live in Twin Lakes are Black. How could he possibly know everyone, since there are a lot of rentals?

In any case, there is no possible way he could have known what Trayvon was doing. Zimmerman keeps using different excuses. First it was very dark. However, he was able to describe his clothing and even how he was acting. He didn't realize how young he was, but he told the dispatcher he was a teenager. He said he was up to no good, even possibly carrying a weapon, but he chose to follow him anyway. Does that make sense?

My point is that it's the case that led to the cry of racism. When a shooting suspect was released without charges or an extensive investigation, the parents desperately sought help. We all know that, had Trayvon Martin been the shooter, he wouldn't have gone home that night. Wouldn't you be outraged if your son was shot, he was unarmed, but the only answer you got was "it was self defense?" Then the media took it to a whole new level and it got out of hand. Zimmerman is not the Devil. He was only an overzealous cop wannabe who got a rush out of catching criminals. He might be a very nice guy who made a terrible mistake. Still, it doesn't mean he's innocent or telling the truth.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:15 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
I am trying to understand it. As stated that I have a "white" looking friend who says she is black due to black heritage. She doesn't have black features or black skin, maybe black hair but it is hard to tell because she wears it cose to her head. She seems to think as most do that any black blood makes you black...(think Obama)!?
Please do not turn this into a political case. Obama is not "Black" because he has some black blood. He looks Black and has all the features that most people we call Black have, and it's not because he thinks he is black. I don't know your friend, but people are judged by society by the way they look. Let's say Obama was not our President and you saw him walking down the street in jeans, sneakers and a T-shirt. He would look like any other Black man.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Thank you.

He should never have been allowed a gun in the first place with that history. Everyone else complies with police, why is GZ getting a free pass here? Seriously resisting arrest is an automatic felony.

I would not want a neighborhood watch with someone like that carrying a gun, he is NOT a cop, he is untrained and apparently trigger happy. Its not just an issue of race in the final analysis, this is a serious safety issue.

In our Boca HOA I would NEVER have wanted someone like that roaming the streets to "protect the neighborhood". Some Florida neighborhoods are half vacant due to snowbirds, only police are capable of maintaining a safe environment.

Something is SERIOUSLY wrong here.
I agree. I would never want some "wannabe cop" armed and roaming my neighborhood. My grown daughters come to visit us and sometimes forget the garage door code. They have to try 2-3 times before they remember. Someone like the forementioned "wannabe" could construe that as suspicious and shoot them. One of them, if not both, uses her cell phone to light up the keypad in the dark. Is that not suspicious to someone looking for suspicion. They both have boyfriends who drive older model cars, park on the street instead of the driveway and walk up to the front door and ring the bell when they come by themselves. Is that not suspicious looking in the dark? (One even has black hair, the horrors!) I would not have to call either set of their parents and say "Sorry, your son was shot by our NW commander b/c he looked suspicious".

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
The officer's description of what GZ did the night of his arrest at UCF, the original charge of resist with violence was later dropped to resist w/o violence...be honest, does this sound violent...shrugging and pushing arms away with hands...

As far as the DV injunction GZ and his girlfriend were both issued a Permanent Injunction (restraining order) Courts typically don't issue permanent injunctions to a person unless there is evidence that a physical altercation existed, so this says to me that the girlfriend also struck or committed a physical attack as well...Please don't misunderstand me, I am not sticking up for GZ, the way I see it both he and the girlfriend participated in the physical altercation which IMO is wrong on both sides...the fact that both arrests happened 7 years ago when he was 21 years old says to me that he was obviously immature...he has not had anything happen since then...of course beside what happened that tragic night
Actually, GZ's DV restraining order expired on August 24, 2006, and the gf did not renew it.

Homicides Committed by Concealed Handgun Permit Holders in State of Florida - Coalition to Stop Gun Violence (http://www.csgv.org/issues-and-campaigns/concerns-about-concealed-carry/homicides-committed-by-concealed-handgun-permit-holders-in-state-of-florida - broken link)

I also posted a link from a different source about the DV expiration on another thread, but I don't remember which one.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 04-27-2012 at 01:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies