Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2012, 06:52 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
There is no evidence on who attacked who. We only have the evidence from the guy that killed the kid. Wonder if he had any reason to lie?
LOL. How can you be sure there is no evidence?

Old 04-27-2012, 06:57 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/28/us...d.html?_r=1&hp

Judge rejects higher bail request.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:13 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
100% correct...people are choosing to blindly accept the excuses offered by someone who lied on the stand at the bond hearing. LMAO. They need to go read helenejen's thread about the people changing the locks on their son's new home who were held at gunpoint (AR-15s, no less) and then arrested by the police...there are a ton of great posts there about one's freedom to walk without being confronted by gun-toting thugs. Some people are unable to digest the fact that the murder of an innocent teen is a tragedy.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:28 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,428,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Read the first paragraph. There is more that will come out. It's not over yet.

The judge, Kenneth R. Lester Jr., said he would revisit the issue if it became clear that the Zimmerman family had control of the money at the time of Mr. Zimmerman’s bail hearing last week, when the family said it could not afford the $1 million bond requested by the prosecution.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
Read the first paragraph. There is more that will come out. It's not over yet.

The judge, Kenneth R. Lester Jr., said he would revisit the issue if it became clear that the Zimmerman family had control of the money at the time of Mr. Zimmerman’s bail hearing last week, when the family said it could not afford the $1 million bond requested by the prosecution.
Let me know when he revisits it, until then I bid adieu.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
When I heard his mother was from Peru, my first thought was that he might be part Afro Peruvian (descended from African slaves in Peru) I am part Afro Peruvian, I consider myself mixed...I will check off African, Hispanic, Other if asked on forms or a census, I tell people my full "nationality"...I have what is considered black features...my skin color is considered olive complected...if I'm in the sun any length of time I am darker than my light skin black friends...most white people when they first meet me think I'm white...most black people know I'm part black when they first meet me...

To answer your question, no it will never be considered a black on black crime...

I don't believe GZ is a racist, I believe he was an over zealous neighborhood watch guy who wanted to be the hero and made a tragic choice when he got out of his truck...

I believe that the police department did not handle this properly because Trayvon was a young black male and made their own assumptions, if they didn't look at him this way I believe the SPD would have made every attempt to find out who he was, i.e. check his cell phone, knock on doors all along that back corridor to find out if he lived or was staying there and from what I heard GZ's clothes were not secured as evidence nor was he tested for alcohol/drugs from what has been reported, the real racial profiling IMO was done by the cops...
I agree.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Norm Wolfinger no re-election bid: State Attorney Norm Wolfinger won't seek reelection - Orlando Sentinel

"Wolfinger made the decision early in his current term, his office said. He wants to spend more time with his family, spokeswoman Lynne Bumpus-Hooper said."

Maybe he doesn't want an investigation now that all eyes are on the way he conducts business? Just thinking out loud. Does everyone really believe the Black community has this much influence and Chief Lee, Attorney Wolfinger (and who knows who's next) are stepping down? Wolfinger had previously announced he would run in November.
I don't think it is so much the black community but I think every one will be paying more attention.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
He also took students on tours to police stations, jails and firing ranges in Seminole County. The reason I first had the information about his parents is from his application for the Citizen's Police Academy. I don't think it's available on the official web site any more. However, you can find it online.

George Zimmerman

I can't copy & paste from it, but in my entire adult life I never mentioned my parents in an application for anything, even a volunteer position. We can't say for sure if it helped him get out of jams, but I'm sure it didn't hurt.
I never did either.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
As of now that is known in the public there isn't.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:07 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
There is no eyewitness (who has come forward) to the beginning of the fight. NO ONE knows who threw the first punch. We do know that Trayvon was dead less than a minute after his phone call to his gf ended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies