Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 03:08 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,808,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Did you see the photos of Zimmerman? It says that they were taken the day after the shooting. Here's another one - same day, same place, different angle. When the video in the police station didn't show serious injuries, so many here claimed it takes 24 hours for a broken nose to swell or bruises to discolor. We also read that he showed up the next day with his head wrapped in bandages.
You still cling to that?
The severity of his injuries have no bearing on
whether he feared for his life and acted in self defense.
Fact is Zimmerman had injuries consistent with being beaten up.
Martin's only injuries were bruised knuckles and a bullet wound.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:14 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Video of the full sit-down interview. So many inconsistencies I don't even know where to begin. Perhaps one of the most glaring, though, as JustNancy mentioned above, is the discrepancy between Zimmerman's reported location and movements during the 911 call just prior to the confrontation and what was recounted during the interview.

I agree. By the way, this was from an interview the next day, not the night of the shooting. From the title of it ("interrogation") I thought it was his statement after he first was taken to the police station.

Last edited by justNancy; 06-21-2012 at 03:24 PM.. Reason: fix typo

Old 06-21-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
As for his appearance. Would you expect a white supremacist with a swastika and heil hitler tattoo on his forearm to wear a short sleeve shirt in court ? Or the adulterous woman seeking bond for murdering her hubby to wear a low cut dress ? Trying to look 'better' for the legal system is so routine, you finding it strange is strange.
Of course it's routine. In fact, even as a victim I know that. You completely twisted the reason I made that remark. It was because of all the judgmental comments about the victim and how he was dressed, his web page, etc. Also, we keep hearing about how different Trayvon Martin looked from his photos. I was simply pointing out that the same applies to George Zimmerman, especially since HE is the one on trial. He looks very different from his photos, both the old and the more recent ones, and even looks thinner and younger than he does in the videos just released, which were taken in February. Yes, I expected to see him clean shaven and wearing a suit at the bond hearing, but he sure looks a lot less threatening, doesn't he?

That was my point, not that people shouldn't clean up and dress appropriately before going to court.

I also didn't say George Zimmerman wasn't punched in the nose, since a police officer took a photo of Zimmerman's face immediately after the shooting. I said he doesn't look seriously injured and wasn't acting as if he just went through a traumatic, life-threatening experience.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
You still cling to that?
The severity of his injuries have no bearing on
whether he feared for his life and acted in self defense.
Fact is Zimmerman had injuries consistent with being beaten up.
Exactly! So what you are saying is that Zimmerman didn't defend himself from a 17 year old teenager, although he felt confident enough to be following him after dark, right? I mentioned I was a victim many years ago, although I won't get specific, especially after reading some of the remarks on this forum, but I know that even a 115 lb woman can get in a few good kicks & scratches when she feels her life is in danger.

Zimmerman said that Martin reached inside the car and punched him. Why didn't he take off when he had the chance? The story makes no sense and I'm trying to be open-minded, but not so much that my brain falls on the floor. I'm surprised he didn't say Trayvon Martin said to him "I'll make you an offer you can't refuse!" or how about "Do you feel lucky, punk?" I'm not trying to make light of a serious situation, but who says "Tonight you die" or whatever he claims this young man said that forced him to pull the trigger? Nobody in the real world talks that way.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
...because he's just way too stupid to even feign remorse or regret. It all goes back to square one. An intelligent reponsible, logical and intospective human being, would not have gotten out of his vehicle in the first place. GZ is just playing out who GZ really is. His true colors were evident right from the start of this sad event and just continuje to reveal themselves. Even if this excuse for a man is released, I doubt that he will ever be a self apponted watch guy again. At least he will be out of commision on that level, which will hinder his capabilities of following teenagers while packing a gun.
Well, since he appointed himself the first time, he might appoint himself again!

Old 06-21-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Exactly! So what you are saying is that Zimmerman didn't defend himself from a 17 year old teenager, although he felt confident enough to be following him after dark, right?

Uhh...no. I didn't say anything of the kind.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Uhh...no. I didn't say anything of the kind.
I guess that's what I got out of ..

Quote:

Doesn't seem as if there was much of a "struggle" between the 2 men before Martin was shot.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Doesn't seem as if there was much of a "struggle" between the 2 men before Martin was shot.

Your point?
You seem to need to quantify everything.

Fact: there was a struggle.
How much of a struggle? I dunno.
Zimmerman put an end to it.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Your point?
You seem to need to quantify everything.

Fact: there was a struggle.
How much of a struggle? I dunno.
Zimmerman put an end to it.
Yes, you're right. He followed someone in the dark and, when the young man defended himself, he put an end to it.

You're also right in earlier posts about SYG laws in Florida. Although I do not believe they apply in this case, does a perceive threat mean "even if the person is mentally unstable?" Seriously, I am not trying to be snippy or sarcastic here, but there are people who believe Martians implanted scanners in their teeth. So where do you draw the line? If someone moves next door to me who looks "threatening" because he has a lot of tattoos and a shaved head, should I feel justified in shooting him if he knocks on my door to borrow a cup of sugar? Looking at Zimmerman in the video released today, I can see where a 17 year old teenager might feel threatened if he was following him in the dark, so the SYG law should also apply to the victim. When I look into his eyes, Zimmerman looks a little "off" the same way he described Trayvon Martin that night. Something just isn't right with him.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:15 PM

17,810 posts, read 13,713,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, since he appointed himself the first time, he might appoint himself again!
In the video, the neighborhood watch captain claims he "didn't know the name of the street he was on."

George, you were on Twin Tree Lane. There are four streets in the gated community and Twin Tree Lane is the street that is the actual entrance to the community from the main artery (Oregon).

So George goes in and out the main entrance every day but doesn't know the name of the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies