Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 06:33 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,231,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Did you see the photos of Zimmerman? It says that they were taken the day after the shooting. Here's another one - same day, same place, different angle. When the video in the police station didn't show serious injuries, so many here claimed it takes 24 hours for a broken nose to swell or bruises to discolor. We also read that he showed up the next day with his head wrapped in bandages.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/22/us...pagewanted=all

"A video showing an unidentified investigator watching George Zimmerman re-enact the scuffle with Trayvon Martin the day after the shooting. Mr. Zimmerman's defense team released the video through a Web site, gzlegalcase.com."

Where are his bandages? Where is the broken nose? I just watched the video you posted. There is a tiny band-aid on his nose. Definitely not a llife-threatening injury. He doesn't look very skinny to me either. Strange how he no longer has a shaved head and facial hair now.

Edit: Just want to add that this video gives me even more reason to believe he was stalking Trayvon Martin. It's a cul-de-sac! Martin was trapped! George Zimmerman followed him all the way to the end of the street. He saw him heading toward the home where he was staying, but continued to pursue him. He's lying. The video contradicts what he said on the 911 tape. He DID NOT tell the police dispatcher to tell an officer to meet him at the clubhouse. He said to have an officer call him when he arrived at the gate and he would tell him where he was located. He also WAS NOT asked by the police dispatcher if he still needed a patrol car IIRC. He said during the bond hearing that he didn't know the victim was so young. His statements keep changing. I listened to the entire 911 call when it was posted on the Sanford Police web site. He even made up things the day after the shooting and we can see/hear him on video.

How many times can his lawyer give the excuse "He was confused." Huh?
I agree w/ your summation. He cornered Trayvon....
I am also tired of the lame a-- excuses that POOR George was attacked. Let me tell you, anyone would try to fight off an attacker, stalker....George was the instigator.....NON of this would have happened if George hadn't been playing RAMBO. We will never know the truth, only the various stories Mr. Z has offered up. The scenario is impossible to support by any rational adult. You don't stalk someone in this day and age, unless you know you are armed and willing to shoot...The logic isn't there. George knew exactly what he was doing, he armed himself and went looking for "a suspect".... even a Teen walking home w/ skittles and a bottle of tea would do. Sad, sad, sad....I'm praying for Travyon's parents....this has got to be so horrific, to lose your young son and reive this nightmare in the media...Heartbreaking

Old 06-21-2012, 06:38 PM

17,810 posts, read 13,713,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I agree w/ your summation. He cornered Trayvon....
I am also tired of the lame a-- excuses that POOR George was attacked. Let me tell you, anyone would try to fight off an attacker, stalker....George was the instigator.....NON of this would have happened if George hadn't been playing RAMBO. We will never know the truth, only the various stories Mr. Z has offered up. The scenario is impossible to support by any rational adult. You don't stalk someone in this day and age, unless you know you are armed and willing to shoot...The logic isn't there. George knew exactly what he was doing, he armed himself and went looking for "a suspect".... even a Teen walking home w/ skittles and a bottle of tea would do. Sad, sad, sad....I'm praying for Travyon's parents....this has got to be so horrific, to lose your young son and reive this nightmare in the media...Heartbreaking
Again, in the video of his interrogation George actually says he "forgot he had a gun" until Martin started reaching for it and telling George that "he (George) was going to die tonight." Then suddenly George remembered he had a gun.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:03 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,412,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I can't watch/listen to video/audio tonight, so I'm stuck with the broken nose issue. When gz is found guilty, I'm half-expecting you to say, 'See, he didn't have a broken nose.'

Not all broken noses look like a mass of mashed tissue and bone pointing every which way. Not every broken nose even requires medical attention. From his Dr.'s report and the looks of it, he had the type of broken nose that athletes get, leave the game for a while, and come back in.

The head injuries always mattered more to me. If, for instance, the crime scene photos show no blood on concrete, that would be serious.

As for his appearance. Would you expect a white supremacist with a swastika and heil hitler tattoo on his forearm to wear a short sleeve shirt in court ? Or the adulterous woman seeking bond for murdering her hubby to wear a low cut dress ? Trying to look 'better' for the legal system is so routine, you finding it strange is strange.
Well, hopefully you've found time to watch/listen to the crime re-enactment video by now. OMG! That guy's "story" is so inconsistent with the recording of his call to the police that night! LOL It's the little details that give him away. Especially when "explaining" why he left his truck, what he did, what the dispatcher said, what he said..... ....and THEN explaining how Martin had both his hands over his (Zimmerman's) nose and mouth, while trying to put it together with how Martin also reached for his gun...(hmm, did Martin had three arms?).. as Zimmerman said, "I thought he saw my gun....uh...or I believed he saw my gun".....yada, yada.

Btw, no, I'm not going to type up what Zimmerman said in the video, then type up what was said on the police recording of his call to them that night, and then compare the two. You can listen to both and determine the inconsistencies for yourself. His problem is that there are too many inconsistent details, and overall the story doesn't hold together at the time of the "struggle."

Old 06-21-2012, 07:06 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Again, in the video of his interrogation George actually says he "forgot he had a gun" until Martin started reaching for it and telling George that "he (George) was going to die tonight." Then suddenly George remembered he had a gun.
That's rich!

Old 06-21-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It depends....there are some pretty stupid juries seated these days. How else do you explain Casey Anthony and OJ being free? Though this really supports your idea...in those cases, in spite of overwhelming evidence of guilt, the juries let them off. In this case, where there is much more evidence supporting a SD claim, "proof beyond a reasonable doubt" looks like a real stretch.
No, not stupid juries. Stupid prosecutors. BOTH of those cases were LOST by the pathetically bad presentation of "evidence" by the prosecutors. O.J. was the glove and Furhman. Anthony was over-charging and not being able to tie it altogether. You never, ever ask someone during a trial to "try on the glove" if you don't know whether or not it fits. You may think it will fit, but you should never make assumptions; know the answer before you try to present it to a jury. You also don't ask witnesses questions if you are not sure what the answer is going to be. That's called preparing your case.

Two BIG problems for Zimmerman now. First, his credibility is in the trash. Second, his re-enactment video is so full of holes and so inconsistent with the phone call to the police it's almost laughable. Those two things actually tie together. He in fact lied on the video re-enactment for the police. Also, do you really think that the Judge he lied to about his finances is not going to have a problem with George's credibility? To have the case thrown out as SYG, Zimmerman would have to prevail in an immunity hearing before the same Judge to lied to. Did you notice that Zimmerman's wife has been charged with perjury for her testimony in re the finances?

Old 06-21-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
No chance of a not guilty verdict imo. Besides the political and social pressure, what are odds the jury won't have jurors with the same oddball questions we see here. At best for gz, a mistrial.
Exactly how does that "political and social pressure" play out in influencing a jury? How does that work exactly? If the Casey Anthony jury was not influenced by "political and social pressure" and the court of public opinion, I'm thinking no jury will be so-influenced, unless, of course someone tried to bribe a juror.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
The lack of assault injuries to Trayvon, the injuries to Zimmerman, most of his account seems to be accurate. So I dont know how any non-biased jury can convict him. There is not enough evidence to show this man set out to murder anyone and the self defense is indeed there.
Maybe because you haven't actually heard the evidence presented by the prosecution to a non-biased jury yet? Also, he has not been charged with premeditated murder.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post

My feeling is that Zimmerman ended up on his back because he was focused on pulling his gun. Martin gained control and my have hit him but may have also had some glancing blows thrown while wrestling for the gun when they were on the ground. If Martin had him down on the ground landing blows like they say, Zimmerman should have had a severe case of raccoon eyes at least.
Very interesting scenario! IMO that makes a lot of sense.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:57 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Not to mention, witnesses said Zimmerman got up and didn't even have a loud voice. His demeanor was rather strange for things to have occurred the way he's stated. Doesn't men it didn't, but pretty strange for the logbook.

TM was laying on the grass, face down, Zimmerman was standing over him. His request for someone to call for help was softly spoken, not much urgency or panic. Not the actions of someone crying for help just a couple of minutes prior, or someone whining and whimpering.
That was my thought. I would think that someone wouldn't be so matter of fact and would be somewhat shaken from the experience.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:12 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
That was my thought. I would think that someone wouldn't be so matter of fact and would be somewhat shaken from the experience.
Yes, it would seem to play out like the final scene in a Clint Eastwood movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies