Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 09:52 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
My question wasn't directed to you, but thank you for answering that indeed, George DID NOT say anything about becoming a vegetable.

You made my point. I already knew his brother said it. That's not what the poster said, though.

When someone lies and/or spreads ridiculous rumors whilst getting quotes completely wrong or out of context, the result is: CREDIBILITY..........ZERO!!!!!

99% of the nonsense in these Sweet Little Trayvon threads is lies and innuendo spawned by erratic imaginations.
You're nitpicking more than a chimpanzee. If GZ's brother was not at the crime scene, he has nothing to go on accept for what GZ told him transpired. It could have gone one of two ways...either GZ told his brother that he thought that he would wind up a vegetable or told his brother to tell the interviewer that he thought he was going to wind up as a vegetable to embellish the story. Maybe he said "brain dead" or "comatose" or "mentally impaired", but no matter how you slice it, the meaning is the same. As I said...nitpicking.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 06-21-2012 at 10:01 PM..

Old 06-21-2012, 09:55 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,412,432 times
Quote:
Yes, indeed you are assuming. There's no need for me to remind you what that means.

At any rate, THAT'S NOT WHAT THE POSTER SAID.

Is that so hard to understand?

Guess so.

You all are going to feel really stupid when George gets off.

On second thought.....................................never mind....................
I'm not going to feel really stupid IF "George gets off." If that happens, I'm going to understand why if I spend time watching the whole trial.

However, I would be totally stunned if he were given immunity and the case were tossed.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
It makes perfect sense to me. I lived for 20 years on a drive surrounded by other roads all of which began with the letter A. I knew the name of the drive I lived on and certainly never had a problem finding my way home, but I couldn't tell you the order of the other roads. When people asked for directions, I told them they would pass a bunch of roads beginning with the letter A, and when they got to mine, to turn right onto my drive.

I've lived at my current location for nearly a year and couldn't tell you the name of the street 1 block over. I have no reason to know or care.
Are you the "Neighborhood Watch Captain" for your neighborhood? That seems like something he should know in that capacity.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:02 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,611,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Are you the "Neighborhood Watch Captain" for your neighborhood? That seems like something he should know in that capacity.
Why? Just because the manual for Sanford Neighborhood Watch Program has a worksheet to do just that?

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigati...amHandbook.pdf

Old 06-21-2012, 10:19 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I still don't get that. Even if he didn't remember the streets that led off the main one he could have told police that I lost sight on him on the 3rd street from the main entrance or which ever it was.
Yes, and why didn't he want the police to meet him there? In the video where he was reenacting his version of events, he said he told the police dispatcher that he would meet an officer, but I remember very clearly that, when asked, he couldn't decide if he wanted to wait by one of the gates or the mailboxes, and asked if the officer could call him when he arrived. There's a difference between ADD and being a pathological liar. In the former, you can't focus so you forget easily. In the latter you make up things and then get caught when you can't remember what you said the first time.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:24 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,242,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
On another note, I have been saying from the time I saw his brother retell George's account that the "you're gonna die tonight" and "you got me" lines are so unbelievable. Who say's that after they got shot? Only people in low-budget films or old westerns. I guess he got Trayvon Martin mixed up with one of the characters in Boys in the Hood or Menace to Society.
LOL, oh it gets even better. At about 34 minutes into the interrogation the following evening Zimmerman actually indicates a continued dialogue between himself and Martin even after Martin was shot point blank in the heart. After the "You got me" Martin apparently began shouting and writhing in pain, cursing Zimmerman as he was being pinned down by him with his arms spread apart! Here's the vid again. Scroll to time 6:52PM.

George Zimmerman Interrogation - YouTube

Old 06-21-2012, 10:28 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
I'd like a link to where he said he was seconds away from becoming a vegetable. An actual transcript or video, and not just something in your imagination.
My imagination? So you are saying he lied to his brother or that his brother made up the story? Which is it?

"George was out of breath. He was barely conscious. His last thing he remembers doing was moving his head from the concrete to the grass so that if he was banged one more time, he would be, you know, wearing diapers for the rest of his life and being spoon-fed by his brother. And there would have been George dead had he not acted decisively and instantaneously in that moment when he was being disarmed."

Robert Zimmerman’s account was based on communications with his brother “within 24 hours” of the shooting, he said.

[URL="http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/30/george-zimmermans-brother-speaks-out-on-trayvon-martin-shooting/"]SOURCE[/URL]

Old 06-21-2012, 10:31 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
"George was out of breath. He was barely conscious. His last thing he remembers doing was moving his head from the concrete to the grass so that if he was banged one more time, he wouldn’t be, you know, wearing diapers for the rest of his life and being spoon-fed by his brother. And there would have been George dead had he not acted decisively and instantaneously in that moment when he was being disarmed."

Robert Zimmerman’s account was based on communications with his brother “within 24 hours” of the shooting, he said.

SOURCE

Old 06-21-2012, 10:35 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
My imagination? So you are saying he lied to his brother or that his brother made up the story? Which is it?

"George was out of breath. He was barely conscious. His last thing he remembers doing was moving his head from the concrete to the grass so that if he was banged one more time, he wouldn’t be, you know, wearing diapers for the rest of his life and being spoon-fed by his brother. And there would have been George dead had he not acted decisively and instantaneously in that moment when he was being disarmed."

SOURCE
On the video that was released today he said that he felt like his head was going to explode - so his brother paraphrased. I am not sure what the big deal is. George never said his brother was lying. So far the only known liar is George. Why shouldn't we believe that his brother was telling the truth when he said that is what George told him? I am not sure why this is being debated or what relevance it has.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:37 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
LOL, oh it gets even better. At about 34 minutes into the interrogation the following evening Zimmerman actually indicates a continued dialogue between himself and Martin even after Martin was shot point blank in the heart. After the "You got me" Martin apparently began shouting and writhing in pain, cursing Zimmerman as he was being pinned down by him with his arms spread apart! Here's the vid again. Scroll to time 6:52PM.

George Zimmerman Interrogation - YouTube
Totally unbelievable. George followed Trayvon Martin - he is responsible for this. He's also a liar with every reason to lie. Why would anyone take his word with no questions asked?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies