Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2012, 11:40 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
Sorry....but your wrong. It is ok for a civilian to follow someone. You are not breaking the law if you follow someone down the street in your neighborhood or anywhere else. There is no law against it. And please dont use the "stalking" law because it does not apply. Stalking implies the REPEATED following of an individual. I can confront you in my neighborhood....I can ask you questions...its NOT illegal to do so. You can answer, refuse to answer, walk away or anything else but start a physical altercation. The big question is who started the physical altercation. If it was Zimmerman...then he is guilty. If it was Martin then SYG will apply.
Bottom line: The court and jury will decide based on the evidence. It wont be decided on this forum by those who think they know all the evidence.
Stalking is a term commonly used to refer to unwanted and obsessive attention by an individual or group to another person. Any unwanted contact between two people that directly or indirectly communicates a threat or places the victim in fear can be considered stalking, but the actual legal definition of stalking varies from state to state according to each state's laws.

Trayvon Martin most likely felt that he was being stalked, as much as you would like to nitpick with semantics.

GZ was not merely following TM. His actions...carrying a loaded concealed weapon while acting in the role of neighborhood watch guy, taking it upon himself to pursue in spite of the fact that he already notified the police, sure as hell is something that went above and beyond asking a stranger what their business was in the neighborhood. GZ could have asked TM that question from the confines of his vehicle, in which case we most likely would not be having this debate today.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:42 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
People have been shot through the heart and are still walking around today. I am sure it depends on the nature of the wound how long someone maintains consciousness.
Link, please?

Old 06-22-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Link, please?
I think it was The Wolfman...because the bullet wasn't silver.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:45 AM

628 posts, read 1,316,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Maybe you could show me the law or court that declares a person who started an altercation can't use self defense for Eventually using deadly force.

TY for telling us that the judge/jury, not this forum, will make the final decision. A burden lifted from my shoulders.
Who said there was a law or court that declares a person who started an altercation cant use self defence........not me!
I'm saying that IF Zimmerman started the physical altercation then I believe the jury will find him guilty of something.
If Martin started the physical altercation then I believe that SYG will be the jury's decision.
Bottom line...jury decides....get it now?
I didnt mean to lift your burden....I like it when you are burdened

Old 06-22-2012, 11:48 AM

628 posts, read 1,316,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Stalking is a term commonly used to refer to unwanted and obsessive attention by an individual or group to another person. Any unwanted contact between two people that directly or indirectly communicates a threat or places the victim in fear can be considered stalking, but the actual legal definition of stalking varies from state to state according to each state's laws.

Trayvon Martin most likely felt that he was being stalked, as much as you would like to nitpick with semantics.

GZ was not merely following TM. His actions...carrying a loaded concealed weapon while acting in the role of neighborhood watch guy, taking it upon himself to pursue in spite of the fact that he already notified the police, sure as hell is something that went above and beyond asking a stranger what their business was in the neighborhood. GZ could have asked TM that question from the confines of his vehicle, in which case we most likely would not be having this debate today.
Well in Florida it means this: (2) Any person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:00 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,694,341 times
No, but in the King case blacks took to the streets and killed fifty people who had absolutely nothing to do with the King beating. Blacks burned businesses, (many of them owned by blacks too), and looted in the name of KIng. You can see the videos where blacks are running out of stores with TV's, stereos, and other merchandise singing the praises of Rodney King. Let us not forget that Mr. King got a huge settlement that he squandered on drugs and booze being arrested many times on a host of charges. I particularly remember the video on the news of a white truck driver who was pulled from his truck and beaten within inches of his life by blacks.

IMO, this is why George Z has been arrested. The authorities fear black violence and murder and so Zimmerman is the scapegoat.

With the recent video that shows the true height and picture of Mr. Martin the news media continues to show a photo of Mr. Martin at age 10. That photo was provided by the parents of Mr. Martin. Trayvon Martin at the time of the shooting was 6'3", a football player in training, had training of martial arts, was suspended by his school for drug, (dealing or usage). Mr. Martin at the time of the shooting was not an innocent ten year old boy as the news is portraying.

The only reason and the real reason George Zimmerman is in jail is to try to prevent blacks from murdering whites, burning businesses, and using this incident to loot.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:04 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,242,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
"you got me?" "I forgot that I had my gun?"

What teenager talks like that AFTER he got shot? What is this some old western?

How can you be on your way to Target with a loaded gun and not know that you had it on you?
Yeah the whole "dialogue" is quite bizarre, kind of a cross between a cheesy western and a hood flick. Apparently after the "you got me", Martin supposedly fell back and still managed to cry out in pain and curse Zimmerman even as Zimmerman tried to pin his arms down. Since Martin was found face down with his arms underneath his body, Zimmerman would have had to turn Martin around and tuck his arms under his body, all while safely re-holstering his sidearm! Maybe he was able to finally "recall" his Brazilian ju-jitsu skills right after he remembered he had a gun.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Well in Florida it means this: (2) Any person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
I'll be clear and empathize with a person that is being followed...
If somoene is following you without introducing themselves and presenting the reason that they are following you...it feels threatening. Even if you are carrying around a copy of the Florida Law Codes, it still will feel threatening. One does not stop to ponder and differentiate between following and stalking when one is the object.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:18 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
No, but in the King case blacks took to the streets and killed fifty people who had absolutely nothing to do with the King beating. Blacks burned businesses, (many of them owned by blacks too), and looted in the name of KIng. You can see the videos where blacks are running out of stores with TV's, stereos, and other merchandise singing the praises of Rodney King. Let us not forget that Mr. King got a huge settlement that he squandered on drugs and booze being arrested many times on a host of charges. I particularly remember the video on the news of a white truck driver who was pulled from his truck and beaten within inches of his life by blacks.

IMO, this is why George Z has been arrested. The authorities fear black violence and murder and so Zimmerman is the scapegoat.

With the recent video that shows the true height and picture of Mr. Martin the news media continues to show a photo of Mr. Martin at age 10. That photo was provided by the parents of Mr. Martin. Trayvon Martin at the time of the shooting was 6'3", a football player in training, had training of martial arts, was suspended by his school for drug, (dealing or usage). Mr. Martin at the time of the shooting was not an innocent ten year old boy as the news is portraying.

The only reason and the real reason George Zimmerman is in jail is to try to prevent blacks from murdering whites, burning businesses, and using this incident to loot.
BS...there have been plenty of blacks killed by cops and civilians since the Rodney King incident with no riots. George Zimmerman was arrested because Trayvon Martin's parents cared enough to do whatever it took to see that justice was served for their son and because people heard about the mishandling by Sanford police and became outraged at the fact that Trayvon Martin was on his way back from a convenience store, unarmed and minding his own damn business when George Zimmerman followed him, then killed him.

Some people do not think it is okay when civilians take the law into their own hands, especially when they end up killing someone who was not doing anything wrong and when the killer could have avoided killing someone by staying in their vehicle and allowing the police to detain and ask questions if necessary. Newsflash - some people actually care about other human beings no matter what race they are, and another thing blacks do not take to the streets every time an innocent black person is killed.

Trayvon Martin was not 6'3" (he was 5'11") and did not play football in higschool. He was not suspended from school for drug dealing or drug usage, was not high the night he was killid, had no history of violence or a criminal record, and if you are so concerned with his character, why don't you care about that of George Zimmerman? He has been arrested (for assualting a police officer and domestic violence), is a known liar and was on prescription drugs at the time he shot Trayvon Martin. Trayvon Martin was not a thug and George Zimmerman is not a hero. If you are going to attack the character of someone's dead child, get your facts straight and while you're at it get a little background info on the the killer that you're defending.

Oh and you must not watch the news or read the paper because they have shown recent pictures of Trayvon Martin and older ones. If it isn't one of his pants sagging and a mouth full of gold teeth, sticking up his middle finger (some that weren't even him), some people will not be satisfied. George Zimmerman made a mistake by killing someone that was loved and cared for whose parent's had high hopes for him. He wasn't perfect, but he was loved. He was not a thug to his parents, he was their son. If it happened to yours, would you just let it go?

Old 06-22-2012, 12:33 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Who said there was a law or court that declares a person who started an altercation cant use self defence........not me!
I'm saying that IF Zimmerman started the physical altercation then I believe the jury will find him guilty of something.
If Martin started the physical altercation then I believe that SYG will be the jury's decision.
Bottom line...jury decides....get it now?
I didnt mean to lift your burden....I like it when you are burdened
Cripes, this is what you wrote --- The big question is who started the physical altercation. If it was Zimmerman...then he is guilty. If it was Martin then SYG will apply.

That's not what you wrote this time.

IMO, he'll be found guilty whether or not he started the fight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies