Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2012, 08:42 AM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Another one who apparently hasn't seen the injuries Zimm sustained.
his injuries were very minor. it was not a life and death struggle for Gz but it was for TM

Old 06-22-2012, 09:37 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Can any of you tell me how someone who has been shot through the heart can continue to speak to and curse his shooter afterward?
That's a strange one for me. I guess it would take someone like a forensic pathologist to try and answer.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:39 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
George Zimmerman's actions remind me of an old nursury rhyme:

Georgie Porgy, puddin' and pie
kissed the girls and made them cry
when the boys came out to play
Georgie Porgy ran away

Just substitute 'girls' with 'kid'
and 'boys' with 'police'
and 'ran away' with 'started lying his @ss off'

In other words, he considered himself a 'big man' when he had to deal with a kid, but not so big when dealing with the authorities.

Obviously, he didn't kiss the kid, but killed him

Old 06-22-2012, 09:47 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times
Quote:
Another one who apparently hasn't seen the injuries Zimm sustained.

The injuries that Zimmerman sustained prove that there was a fight. They don't prove that Zimmerman was attacked or that Trayvon Martin started the confrontation. Zimmerman followed Trayvon Martin, but says that Trayvon Martin confronted him. That is his word, the word of a liar. If he followed Trayvon Martin and started the confrontation, Trayvon Martin had the right to defend himself. Zimmerman's story has a lot of holes in it. I think it is ridiculous for people to sit up here calling Trayvon Martin a thug as if he set out that night to start trouble and Zimmerman was just being a noble upstanding man - that's BS and I think some of you who keep defending Zimmerman and calling Trayvon Martin a thug know this. Common sense and the map that Zimmerman's supporters keep posting say that Zimmerman followed Trayvon Martin and did not need to be between houses to walk back to his truck or find a street name. It isn't like he is going to get lost in his neighborhood, the one that he watches like a hawk and circles blocks in.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:51 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Oh, Lord, not this crap again!

If Trayvon felt scared, he should have simply gone home, or to the home of his father's girlfriend, or whatever she was.
If a strange man is following you wife would you want her to lead him to your house with only your teenage daughter in it?

Old 06-22-2012, 10:55 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,242,693 times
Not sure whether this has been posted here yet, but here are the recordings of Zimmerman's statements to police both immediately after the shooting and in the days following the shooting. Recording #6, which covers the third and final portion of Zimmerman's interview with Det. Serino, is particularly damaging. We now may come to understand just why Serino was so adamant about arresting Zimmerman.

George Zimmerman’s Statements To Sanford PD [Audio] | AxiomAmnesia.com Presents They Always Get Away: Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman Documents, Photos, Videos, Audio, and Articles

Old 06-22-2012, 11:04 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Not sure whether this has been posted here yet, but here are the recordings of Zimmerman's statements to police both immediately after the shooting and in the days following the shooting. Recording #6, which covers the third and final portion of Zimmerman's interview with Det. Serino, is particularly damaging. We now may come to understand just why Serino was so adamant about arresting Zimmerman.

George Zimmerman’s Statements To Sanford PD [Audio] | AxiomAmnesia.com Presents They Always Get Away: Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman Documents, Photos, Videos, Audio, and Articles

"you got me?" "I forgot that I had my gun?"

What teenager talks like that AFTER he got shot? What is this some old western?

How can you be on your way to Target with a loaded gun and not know that you had it on you?

Old 06-22-2012, 11:06 AM

628 posts, read 1,316,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
what do you mean "this crap" it is not ok for a "civilian" to go around following people he assumes are bad. he is not a cop nor was he even a security guard. home was where TM was headed, when he was confronted, likely "questioned" by GZ. it is highly likely GZ tried to bully the kid, about what he was doing on the streets.
Sorry....but your wrong. It is ok for a civilian to follow someone. You are not breaking the law if you follow someone down the street in your neighborhood or anywhere else. There is no law against it. And please dont use the "stalking" law because it does not apply. Stalking implies the REPEATED following of an individual. I can confront you in my neighborhood....I can ask you questions...its NOT illegal to do so. You can answer, refuse to answer, walk away or anything else but start a physical altercation. The big question is who started the physical altercation. If it was Zimmerman...then he is guilty. If it was Martin then SYG will apply.
Bottom line: The court and jury will decide based on the evidence. It wont be decided on this forum by those who think they know all the evidence.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:17 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
Sorry....but your wrong. It is ok for a civilian to follow someone. You are not breaking the law if you follow someone down the street in your neighborhood or anywhere else. There is no law against it. And please dont use the "stalking" law because it does not apply. Stalking implies the REPEATED following of an individual. I can confront you in my neighborhood....I can ask you questions...its NOT illegal to do so. You can answer, refuse to answer, walk away or anything else but start a physical altercation. The big question is who started the physical altercation. If it was Zimmerman...then he is guilty. If it was Martin then SYG will apply.
Bottom line: The court and jury will decide based on the evidence. It wont be decided on this forum by those who think they know all the evidence.
Maybe you could show me the law or court that declares a person who started an altercation can't use self defense for Eventually using deadly force.

TY for telling us that the judge/jury, not this forum, will make the final decision. A burden lifted from my shoulders.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:28 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Maybe you could show me the law or court that declares a person who started an altercation can't use self defense for Eventually using deadly force.

TY for telling us that the judge/jury, not this forum, will make the final decision. A burden lifted from my shoulders.
The law is labeled 'Stand Your Ground'. Logically, that would mean you could not be forced to run away from a confrontation, but do your best to protect yourself.

Following/chasing/pursuing someone is NOT standing your ground. As I have said before, STAND means just that; staying where you are, not pursuing someone.

Your last sentence really gave me a chuckle. The ego is astounding!
Oh Atlas, why don't you just shrug? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies